+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Apple Headphones in General; Originally Posted by Domino ....that is all Must be missing the point but are they totally rubbish or is it ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    ....that is all

Must be missing the point but are they totally rubbish or is it more of a buy it for the logo and you would be better off with something else that is cheaper where you are paying for the headphones and not just the brand

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 759 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Must be missing the point but are they totally rubbish or is it more of a buy it for the logo and you would be better off with something else that is cheaper where you are paying for the headphones and not just the brand
    Aye, they've a terrible sound profile - but people love them because of the name/brand/style etc

Also, having been stood next to commuters wearing them - they've got a fair amount of spill for such 'high-end' cans...

3. Thanks to Domino from:

mac_shinobi (15th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    Recommended headphones : AKG702's.
    Err .. @Rawns, thanks for the thanks although I was being a bit ... err ... glib. They are what I ended up with when I recently wanted to replace a pair of old Sennheiser HD265's (reasonably quality closed back). These are for listening to music at my desk at work - not for moving around in! I coupled them with a little Nuforce Icon amp which can drive a small pair of high efficiency speakers for when no one else is around (I tend to start very early or sometimes finish very late and like a bit of music). Anyhow ... the AKG's I would recommend - they are almost utterly transparent and give an astonishing sense of the soundstage. The Icon I wouldn't recommend, although it does a reasonable job, there is better available and I wish I'd gone and built myself an [ulr=http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/08/o2-summary.html]O2[/url] as a dedicated headphone amp instead (I will ... sometime soonish). Wireless cans I would avoid - put all your money into getting a decent sound in the first place.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Edit: On another note, any replacement headphone recommendations welcomed!
    I have several types all made by Sennheiser. In ear-phones, hook over ear-phones, HD415 head-phones, etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    Err .. @Rawns, thanks for the thanks although I was being a bit ... err ... glib. They are what I ended up with when I recently wanted to replace a pair of old Sennheiser HD265's (reasonably quality closed back). These are for listening to music at my desk at work - not for moving around in! I coupled them with a little Nuforce Icon amp which can drive a small pair of high efficiency speakers for when no one else is around (I tend to start very early or sometimes finish very late and like a bit of music). Anyhow ... the AKG's I would recommend - they are almost utterly transparent and give an astonishing sense of the soundstage. The Icon I wouldn't recommend, although it does a reasonable job, there is better available and I wish I'd gone and built myself an [ulr=http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/08/o2-summary.html]O2[/url] as a dedicated headphone amp instead (I will ... sometime soonish). Wireless cans I would avoid - put all your money into getting a decent sound in the first place.
    Either way, you made a recommendation so I wanted to say 'Thanks'.

OB1

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    OT: Sennheiser anything, never bought a bad product from them! Personally don't like SkullCandy
    This.
    Currently got a pair of CX300 IIs. I ran my original CX300s into the ground over a couple of years. Love em.
    They are very 'music-y' though, lots of bass, lots of treble, and a noticeable dip in between.

Of course, if you want to take that concept to the extreme, these are amazing. Warm, round and so much bass.

Higher up, Denon do some good in-ear ones. These have some of the most comfortable buds I've ever used and have a nice balanced hifi sound, probably better for spoken word than the other two.

Over head, don't buy anything that isn't these. Indestructible, perfect sound, and spares parts available. Had a pair for 7 years and never had to replace anything. Then someone stole them

EDIT: re: Beats by Dr. Dre. They're good, but not 3 figures good.
    Last edited by OB1; 15th March 2012 at 03:47 PM.

8. Thanks to OB1 from:

mac_shinobi (15th March 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12