Mrs Dos_Box found out about these on a Prston blog the opther week and we went to what we thought was to be the launch event in the centre of town. That turned out to be an invite only affair for local politicians and civic leaders in the Harris Museum with the lights going directly overhead. It turned out the main action was down on the docks (now a marina) just around the corner from the EduGeek offices. The display is a rainbow of lights projected up to distacnce of 12 miles created by American artist Yvette Mattern - although some were reporting the Preston lights as far away as Accrington in East Lancashire. Anyway, they finished last night and will now move on to Scrabo Tower near Newtownards in Northern Ireland and had already been in Whitley Bay at the beginning of March. It was all very impressive drawing thousands of people to the marina to see them, and I have included some pictures below which are far better than the ones I took, and given the amount of professional and amateur photographers present the value of camera gear in Preston over the past few days must have been in the millions! If you are in Northern Ireland and can go and see this I highly recommend it.
(All credit goes to the takers of the pictures shown).

The Global Rainbow lasers at Preston-6967881933_0dd5885d7b_o.jpg

The Global Rainbow lasers at Preston-6967882189_5e28cc7ab1_o.jpg

The Global Rainbow lasers at Preston-6969004135_923f702e7e_o.jpg