+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, I would like to congratulate.... in General; ...the terrible referee in the England / Wales game. Some of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts

I would like to congratulate....

...the terrible referee in the England / Wales game. Some of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time - on both sides.
    Fantastic game ruined by a pratt who has no idea of the rules of the game.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Maybe... but Wales won and that's what's important

3. 4 Thanks to elsiegee40:

ButterflyMoon (27th February 2012), garethedmondson (25th February 2012), mrbios (27th February 2012), witch (25th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Wales did win but the country is somewhat of the hole as it is normally described out.

For a International match i cannot believe how much was got away with. Near enough every line out was not straight (on both sides). Every scrum was fed (again on both sides) and at least 8 forward passes missed (again on both sides) and a deliberate knock on from wales when tackling Farrell which stopped the pass which would have led to a try..

plus we scored at the end

Thank Post
    That ref has been in at the front of other crap decisions but still they keep giving him games. I saw [ and so did the BBC commentators] deliberate scrum collapses, not releasing after a tackle, holding and countless other offences - he should be removed ASAP from other fixtures as he clearly has no eye of the game at all.
    And what moron made the decision at the end that it was no try ?!?! What an idiot. Wales still would have won as Flood would not have got that over.

Thank Post
    I am no Rugby fan, and am pretty clueless when it comes to the rules but how that last try wasnt giving I will never know! The replay from behind the try line clearly showed the ball touch the floor before anyone got their hands underneath.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharisma View Post
    ... The replay from behind the try line clearly showed the ball touch the floor before anyone got their hands underneath.
    Did it?

I watched the replays (and there were many) and I saw the back of the player's hand touch the ground, but it was not clear whether the ball did. This is one decision I do agree with; "Inconclusive" which means the try could not be awarded.

8. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

garethedmondson (25th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,997 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Still, at least he wasn't a tory toff eh?
    That'd really have Matt foaming at the mouth!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Steve Walsh has courted a lot of controversy over the years and at one point was removed as ref. I know it's from wikipedia but here is some information: Steve Walsh (rugby referee) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting to see England player moaning: Disappointed England wing David Strettle questions officials after RBS Six Nations match with Wales - Mirror Online

Move on. Game over. It happens sometimes.

GJE

Thank Post
    Get over it, Steve Walsh is carp for both teams. Wales won today even though they weren't anywhere near their best. Defences were very good today but experience and class showed through
    Last edited by witch; 27th February 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Still, at least he wasn't a tory toff eh?
    That'd really have Matt foaming at the mouth!
    Can you get Kiwi Toffs ?

Thank Post
    Even though England lost and with a better referee they would've won, that was a fantastic game

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Even though England lost and with a better referee they would've won, that was a fantastic game
    Oh come on - it wasn't a try. A sheer moment of brilliance from Scott Williams left England in the dirt. England never looked like winning and didn't look like scoring a try. England forwards were pushed around the park. 'Smashed' as JOnathan Davies said last week

;-)

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Sorry, but that is rubbish - Wales won fair and square - duff referee notwithstanding

Thank Post
    When I saw Steve Walsh reffing, I thought it was going to be a poor game overall, he was actually bad to both sides, as @garethedmondson rightly said, hes been in trouble a lot of times and stopped from refereeing before yet wormed his way back in (only one worse than him is Allain Rowland - we all know thats another story though as far as wales are concerned).

It wasn't a great game by any means, but I am glad we won, triple crown won at "Twickers" is probably one of our best achievements in recent years, its not an easy place to win ever, nevermind a triple crown, Scott Williams did exceptionally well ripping the ball off Lawes and running that superb try which went against the run of play completely.

Regarding that supposed final try, I am sure I heard the commentating team state that if there is any doubt they simply cannot award it, dont know if thats a rule or not, but its obvious from what we all saw that no one could be 100% on whether its a try or not, regardless of national bias.

That being said, I would really be happy if the IRB could sort out the absolute "nonsense" ways they have referees controlling scrums these days, it makes for an absolute farce when the scrum is just turned into a "penalty machine" for teams, like happened with France/Scotland yesterday, Wayne Barnes at times was absolutely ridiculously slow getting the scrum off, to the point where he was awarding penalties and free kicks because of problems he created dragging out the starts of scrums for most of the match.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    When I saw Steve Walsh reffing, I thought it was going to be a poor game overall, he was actually bad to both sides, as @garethedmondson rightly said, hes been in trouble a lot of times and stopped from refereeing before yet wormed his way back in (only one worse than him is Allain Rowland - we all know thats another story though as far as wales are concerned).

It wasn't a great game by any means, but I am glad we won, triple crown won at "Twickers" is probably one of our best achievements in recent years, its not an easy place to win ever, nevermind a triple crown, Scott Williams did exceptionally well ripping the ball off Lawes and running that superb try which went against the run of play completely.

Regarding that supposed final try, I am sure I heard the commentating team state that if there is any doubt they simply cannot award it, dont know if thats a rule or not, but its obvious from what we all saw that no one could be 100% on whether its a try or not, regardless of national bias.

That being said, I would really be happy if the IRB could sort out the absolute "nonsense" ways they have referees controlling scrums these days, it makes for an absolute farce when the scrum is just turned into a "penalty machine" for teams, like happened with France/Scotland yesterday, Wayne Barnes at times was absolutely ridiculously slow getting the scrum off, to the point where he was awarding penalties and free kicks because of problems he created dragging out the starts of scrums for most of the match.
    Barnes is normally quite good but I think he did have an off day yesterday - even so, I did prefer the Scotland game to the England game. I just cannot work out why the scots were so slow at getting the ball from the ruck - if they had I'm sure it would have been another result. I agree 100% with the scrum statement - the scrums yesterday were a farce. I think it was the second half when the first 'good' one actually took.
    God knows why Walsh is still in the game - he is a disgrace to the sport. They should ship him over to Japan.
    Well done Wales, yes I'm gutted being a massive England fan but I think the match [ apart from Walsh ] was an overall good advert for the game. Hardy any handbags too which was surprising for an England / Wales game !!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast