Poll: what is wrong with PC world

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, PC world in General; Whatever you do dont get PC World confused with PCWB (PC World Business) - I've recieved great service from PCWB, ...
    Thank Post

Re: PC world

Whatever you do dont get PC World confused with PCWB (PC World Business) - I've recieved great service from PCWB, next day delivery if order before 4, and the coupleof returns I have had to do have gone smoothly.

I think anyone that shows some promise in a PC World srore is moved up to PCWB.

Butuz

Thank Post

PC World do have some genuine good prices - as seen on their TV adverts, but those are clearly just things to pull you in and buy the less-favourably priced stuff. Buy your new printer for £39 and then the USB cable for £14.99...

If I do go to PC World, it is because I want to see a specific piece of kit in person because the pictures on web sites don't tell me what I need, etc - I then write down the model number and go and buy it from ebuyer instead :-)

Their staff are clearly shop assistants and not technical assistants, and sadly I don't think their in-store "experts" are much better. Things might be different now they have a new partnership with can't-remember-their-name, I don't know...

Thank Post

Someone recently got sold an extra £150 worth of stuff. I told them they should have come to me, I would have given them Avast! and Open Office for free, rather than £99 for Office Student edition and £50 for Norton!

They also sell rubbish computers - 1.8MHz, 2.0MHz etc!
    I did consider pointing it out, but thought it reflected them as a company :twisted: !

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

i think you may just be an idiot. Because at those speeds they are most probably Core2Duos or their very very bottom of the spectrum super cheap celeron machines which do the job well for what most people want.

Also people use Office because it is industry standard and does the job, OO just isnt as good. oh but Norton is rubbish, AVGFree is better.

Thank Post

Midget - read my post again.
    I said MHz, not GHz! - That's what amused me!
    I have a 1.8GHz Sempron, and a 2.0GHz Celeron at home and am happy with them.
    I can usually only afford to buy the cheapest stuff (within reason) for my home machines. In fact half of it is stuff I scrounged off people who upgrade their machines!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midget
    Also people use Office because it is industry standard and does the job, OO just isnt as good. oh but Norton is rubbish, AVGFree is better.
    So you are saying a home user would need all the features included in Office and OpenOffice wouldn't suffice? I'd be extremely dubious about that claim.

Thank Post

The funny thing I've always found is how they just seem to put that looping sales video on every laptop and PC so you can't evaluate how fast the system runs until you get it home!

(Yes there are certain system settings which are risky to let the great British public to be messing with but have they never heard of Local Group Policy?)

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrazy04
    Midget - read my post again.
    I said MHz, not GHz! - That's what amused me!
    I have a 1.8GHz Sempron, and a 2.0GHz Celeron at home and am happy with them.
    I can usually only afford to buy the cheapest stuff (within reason) for my home machines. In fact half of it is stuff I scrounged off people who upgrade their machines!
    Sorry, it's just that I'd had this conversation earlier that day with someone going on about how the Core2Duo wasn't very good because he had a 3.4GHz PentiumD which was obviously faster and betterer as the numbers are higher; and assumed you were doing the same.

Thank Post

well thank you every one
    for your posts and a quick vote on the poll I know now the reasons why most people like pc world and most think it's high priced and etc.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12