+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, The 6 Nations has started in General; So what a weekend of rugby, Saturdays games were like watching Div 4 friendly, Sunday's game was akin to NZ ...
    Thank Post

The 6 Nations has started

So what a weekend of rugby, Saturdays games were like watching Div 4 friendly, Sunday's game was akin to NZ vs SA in comparison.

Without getting too excited Wales have 3 home games so a nice triple crown in the offering ? Then France home on the last Saturday for grand slam decider? (not getting excited honest)

Any thoughts ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Watched all games - the Ire v Wal game was fantastic. Don't think England will win it this year but can only have my fingers crossed. I'm actually going to the game in Rome next week so looking forward to that.....

Thank Post
    very disapointed by the england - scotland game. Seemed to just be a grubby little game of spoiling tactics on both sides. The france- italy game was technically the best game in my opinion, the french seemed well drilled and professional and the italians showed some invention that has been lacking before. The ireland - wales game was the most exciting to watch despite the controversial spear tackles. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tournament this year instead of just being a bit nonplussed after the first week last year!

Thank Post
    Missed France v Italy (sat in a freezing stand watching Tigers v Newcastle!), thought Scotland v England was a bit poor and seriously didn't know who was going to win yesterday with Ireland v Wales. Fantastic game!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    So what a weekend of rugby, Saturdays games were like watching Div 4 friendly, Sunday's game was akin to NZ vs SA in comparison.

Without getting too excited Wales have 3 home games so a nice triple crown in the offering ? Then France home on the last Saturday for grand slam decider? (not getting excited honest)

Any thoughts ?
    Cymru!!

Only thoughts are that I completely agree with you. Managed to get the result yesterday, in what I always thought would be our second-hardest game.

But we have to cut out the indiscipline.

England play Ireland on St. Patrick's Day.........should be good for a laugh.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    England play Ireland on St. Patrick's Day.........should be good for a laugh.
    Not in you are an England fan.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    I can't quite believe the Wales match... I was sure they'd managed to throw it away and then...

Cymru am byth!

Thank Post
    as gutted as I am with Ireland losing I have to say well done to Wales. Some good attacking rugby producing some good defensive work by the Ireland team. Most entertaining game of the 3 this weekend.

Had high hopes for the Scotland team to do something better than they have in the last few 6 Nations but they appeared clueless.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 988 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Wales/Ireland match was real drama... absolute corker of a game for an opening weekend match, felt more like they were fighting for the title. The Welsh yellow should have been a red though, that was a horrific thing to do off-the-ball.

England look like they're in for another run of seat-of-your-pants, thrill a minute rugby as well! No, wait, hang on. The other one, where they play like a bunch of 15 year olds with hangovers and fumble the ball and make horrible mistakes and have no inventiveness at all. Being an England fan can be very dull sometimes although for once we weren't the most prone to mistakes in a match... can't believe Rennie didn't make that pass!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread