+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
General Chat Thread, Snow warnings for the next few days in General; Nooooooooooooooo! It's got to stay away from Heathrow... I want to go to New York...
  1. #46

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,192
    Thank Post
    1,923
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Rep Power
    840
    Nooooooooooooooo!

    It's got to stay away from Heathrow... I want to go to New York

  2. #47
    rad
    rad is offline
    rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    2,568
    Thank Post
    347
    Thanked 328 Times in 248 Posts
    Rep Power
    113
    Theres me thinking it will come in Half term week, nope, thats tomorrow then.

    London is on the edge of it, oh well, its cold enough without snow falling onto the ice thats on the pavement.

  3. #48
    Devontechie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    912
    Thank Post
    184
    Thanked 205 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    its cold enough without snow falling onto the ice thats on the pavement.
    I know what you mean. We still got some snow from the weekend that has frozen on the pavements. Has been trying to snow here today already.

  4. #49
    DT2
    DT2 is offline
    DT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Posts
    695
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 197 Times in 138 Posts
    Rep Power
    75
    Land Rover playtime

  5. #50
    Hawkeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    297
    Thank Post
    23
    Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
    Land Rover playtime
    Subaru play time!

  6. #51

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,447
    Thank Post
    1,537
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
    Land Rover playtime
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyez View Post
    Subaru play time!
    VW Playtime Lets see how these Snow monster tyres really work

  7. #52

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,821
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    VW Playtime Lets see how these Snow monster tyres really work
    Citroen sleep time...

  8. #53

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,162
    Thank Post
    1,924
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    400
    Looks like we could have a problem on Friday in the West Midlands. Great. I could do with an early start to the holiday.

  9. #54
    Sirbendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,305
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 205 Times in 155 Posts
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    VW Playtime Lets see how these Snow monster tyres really work
    I had some studdable winter/snow tyres fitted to the Astra in November...fair play to them, icy roads have been un-noticeable, as has the ice/compacted/frozen snow so far.

    Running them without studs - didn't get them with it, don't quite see the point really. I also have the autosocks in the boot (which worked well in the last snow we had when I had "normal" tyres on that were struggling - 3 standing hill starts on a ruddy steep hill while all around were losing it..)

    Just glad the missus and little person are at home tomorrow - I feel considerably less bothered if I know they're in the warm and not stuck in the car with me. It's not that I doubt my own capabilities...I don't. I've done skidpan courses, and taken the car out after "do not drive" has been issued, in deep snow when you can't tell hedge from road without issue for fun. It's all the other people on the road I doubt...hurtling past at 60/70 , when there's no tarmac visible.

  10. #55
    gmj
    gmj is offline

    gmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    106
    Thanked 51 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    157
    Bring on the snow! Would be nice to start the holidays a bit early...

    Also SLK sleep time....it no likey the snow.

  11. #56

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,435
    Thank Post
    701
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    678
    Bah. Freezing rain here in Preston. Made walking the kids to school interesting though.

  12. #57

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,447
    Thank Post
    1,537
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    I had some studdable winter/snow tyres fitted to the Astra in November...fair play to them, icy roads have been un-noticeable, as has the ice/compacted/frozen snow so far.

    Running them without studs - didn't get them with it, don't quite see the point really. I also have the autosocks in the boot (which worked well in the last snow we had when I had "normal" tyres on that were struggling - 3 standing hill starts on a ruddy steep hill while all around were losing it..)

    Just glad the missus and little person are at home tomorrow - I feel considerably less bothered if I know they're in the warm and not stuck in the car with me. It's not that I doubt my own capabilities...I don't. I've done skidpan courses, and taken the car out after "do not drive" has been issued, in deep snow when you can't tell hedge from road without issue for fun. It's all the other people on the road I doubt...hurtling past at 60/70 , when there's no tarmac visible.
    I don't have the studs in mine, they can be, BUT I was fairly sure that was illegal in the UK on the public road to have studded tyres, I know in some parts of europe its a legal requirement but that is why they came un-studded in the UK

  13. #58


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,463
    Thank Post
    1,462
    Thanked 892 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    647
    10 day weather forecast for the Algarve 10 day Weather in Portimao - weather.co.uk

    Guess where I'll be next week Assuming flights out of Bristol aren't disrupted.

  14. #59

    sippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Swindon, Wiltshire
    Posts
    1,804
    Thank Post
    145
    Thanked 239 Times in 155 Posts
    Rep Power
    163
    FAO of other drivers:
    - For goodness sake, try and get all your snow off your car before leaving. It's dangerous, not just for you but other road users.
    - No point having your lights on if they are covered in snow.
    - you do not need to drive so slowly when the roads are clear of ice and snow. You are driving dangerously. Yes drive cautiously but 25mph on a 70mph road is ridiculous.

  15. #60

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,518
    Thank Post
    1,532
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,825 Posts
    Rep Power
    814
    We had about 1cm of snow late last night - is melting now in the rain



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st August 2011, 09:27 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th August 2010, 01:26 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd January 2010, 11:17 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •