+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Fred Goodwin.... in General; I think it's wrong that they've taken Fred's knighthood away..... .....he got it for 'services to banking' - instead of ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 740 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fred Goodwin....

I think it's wrong that they've taken Fred's knighthood away.....

.....he got it for 'services to banking' - instead of stripping him of the title they should have simply changed a 'b' to a 'w'........

Result - lifelong embarrassment for him and much infantile humour for the rest of us.....
    Last edited by tech_guy; 1st February 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 959 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

(services to w@nking... hehehe)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Don't understand the thing anyway - Jeffrey Archer went to prison and they didnt take away his knighthood. So not really fair, is it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Don't understand the thing anyway - Jeffrey Archer went to prison and they didnt take away his knighthood. So not really fair, is it?
    No. And there are plenty of other knighthoods and CBEs' who sat on boards of banks and made equally bad decisions.
    Goodwin lost his knighthood because he was a media scapegoat. I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong, just he was sacrificed to the media for the sake of the system.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I didn't think Jeffrey was knighted, he's a lord isn't he? And it's all a load of rubbish anyway, RBS boss was forced to forfeit his bonus, fred goodwin lost his knighthood and all we'll now hear is "Oh yes we're dealing with the crisis" by doing over 2 guys and not dealing with the underlying problem. they are attempting to claw at some credibility... which won't happen

Edit: i would say claw back but i don't think the condems had any credibility in the first place

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Jeffrey Archer should still have lost his 'lordship' when he went to prison.
    As you say, @Pyroman, this is all whitewash to show they are 'dealing', and pandering to a certain newspaper-reading populace.
    This knee-jerk reaction stuff does no one any favours and gets us nowhere in the long term

Thank Post
    I enjoyed Jackie Stewart on the radio saying (basically) "it wasn't just fred, lots of other people were involved so its not fair on him". Poor Fred, just a 700,000 pa pension to survive on. To Jackie, I'd suggest that there's something wrong in a system which richly rewards failure. Current system - get it right - get a huge bonus. Get it wrong, get a bonus and a taxpayer bailout. If you're going to link payment to performance you've got to not pay for non-performance.

Thank Post
    Agree with the idea that Goodwin was a scapegoat. Goodwin is a monumental *word* and deserves, in a moral world, to suffer horribly for all the thigns he got wrong, but this wasn't about who got it right or wrong, it was about putting someone's head on a pike to silence the Guardian/BBC.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Goodwin had the worst management system he did not listen to the people he worked with that is why he crashed and burned. People need to under stand servant management this is the best way of managing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information