+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Xbox Gold LIVE - too expensive ? in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Xbox Gold LIVE - too expensive ?

I'm not pay MS £40 for another year so have decided to cancel my Xbox Gold Live account. What makes me laugh is that on the option to turn off automatically charging your card it has a series of questions of why you are not going to renew. 6 questions but not one of them with the 'It's too expensive for what it is' option.....
    Make it £20 I'll pay, but not £40 - even my kids hardly use it and on asking them they are not bothered.

You can only try......

My years subscription is about to run out and I have found out its going to cost me £40 for another year. I can't afford that, tough times and all that but my kids love using the Xbox. I can afford £20 - would you let me renew it for another year for £20 ? My kids would love it if you did.
    Yours Hoping.

Matt
    Last edited by mattx; 31st January 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Family subscription here....4 people all chip in £20 and we all get live for a year. Recover accounts to Xbox, select main account, make all others adult accounts, job done. My friends and I have done that for a while now.

Thank Post
    £40 for renewal, you are paying far too much.

Keep looking out for offers, and you can pay around £26-28 for 12 months, sometimes £1 a month for 3 months offers appear on the Dashboard from time to time.
    HotUKDeals - Deals, Discounts & Voucher Codes is your friend!
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 31st January 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Seen it for £29 on Amazon - £20 and I'm up for another year, but certainly not £40.
    And if anyone is wondering then yes, I'm really tight !!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Seen it for £29 on Amazon - £20 and I'm up for another year, but certainly not £40.
    And if anyone is wondering then yes, I'm really tight !!
    For what you get with XBL gold, it isn't even worth that.

It's an old arguement, but PS3 has free online play. And that's all anyone REALLY wants. [At least, I know I do.]
    The old response was "PSN iz teh crap," which isn't the case any more. PSN is just as good as XBL, but Microsoft charges. It doesn't even make sense that PC ports of Xbox games get free online play [and free DLC...].

It all comes from when the original Xbox was the only console with decent online. And because people will continue to pay for it [with cries of "BECAUSE THEY CHARGE IT'S GOOD BETTER THAN SONY"] it'll never change. Only get more and more expensive.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not entirely accurate. My next door neighbour has both Xbox and ps3....

His words are that the ps3 is nowhere near as reliable online. It has more crashes, lag spikes and host disconnections than Xbox.

Whilst yes free is good (no denying this), console sales alone should also show you that Xbox reigns (well after the Wii which has more sales after Xbox and ps3 combined). Also the console specific games get higher ratings on Xbox by independent testers than ps3.

Ps3 is superior for bluray (which when it came out was not a proven technology and ps3 made it big....no denying this) but the next Xbox will be capable of running its own format, bluray, Xbox and Xbox 360 games, with appropriate patches to update graphics.

Features on ps3 are still being cut off - firmware updates crippling hdd, take away ability to utilise hdd etc - whereas ms made it known you can't do any of that to start with.

Ahh I could go on for ages. Mattx just seen on my brothers account (silver) that you can buy Xbox live for £22.99 from the dash if you have not renewed or are a silver member

7. Thanks to nephilim from:

mattx (31st January 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread