+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Opinions on the recent behavior of certain footballers in General; So, I was chatting with some friends Saturday during the United/Pool match, and there were numerous signs from the Liverpool ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Opinions on the recent behavior of certain footballers

So, I was chatting with some friends Saturday during the United/Pool match, and there were numerous signs from the Liverpool fans showing their support for Luis Suarez.

There was unanimous agreement that, as he has been found guilty but a court (or football equivilant) that they are supporting racism. We harked back to when the Liverpool players had their supporting T-shirts in an earlier match, and again the same opinion.

What do you think because this is starting to get on my wick...

BTW, This is a topic about reactions and support, not racism itself, which we can all clearly say right from the off is detestable and moronic...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Yes it happens - no it shouldn't happen.
    It happens all over the world and IMHO happens a lot against white people as well (although the issue isn't highlighted as much). Everybody has the Opionion that is it just one way - which it most certainly isnt.

IMHO it shouldn't happen but always will in one form or another.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ahem...

"did you see that ludicrous display last night?"

4. 4 Thanks to Domino:

denzal2k4 (30th January 2012), Little-Miss (30th January 2012), localzuk (30th January 2012), PICNIC (30th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Issue for us LFC fans in general was he was found guilty on an assumption , they even used the phrase "Mr Evra's version of event is PROBABLY what happend"

The same Mr Evra that was found guilty and banned for 6 matches because of false racial alegations (chelsea groundsman) and the same Mr Evra who led the French national squad revolt at the last world cup.

There was ZERO evidence and they trusted the word of a known and convicted liar. The panel was manned by two close friends of Fergie.. go figure. hence the outburst of injustice and the backing to the hilt of the player.

Thank Post
    The scousers in particular love playing the victims, so the reaction on their part was always to be expected. They probably should have been done for the stance they took and some of the veiled accusations they made about the report as well.

But in general, football fans are blindly loyal and will follow pretty much anyone in their teams' shirt.

Thank Post
    I have no idea what your talking about sorry

Thank Post
    This has been a discussion point on a spurs website, some of what has been spouted on some of the liverpool fan forums has been even worse than the original incident and well over the line of freedom of speech going into racial abuse and bigotry.
    The FA has to be very careful how this plays out as they have laid a bench mark for bans which is good but if Terry get charged/convicted by the police his ban will have to be a lot longer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Ahem...

"did you see that ludicrous display last night?"
    Bluffball.co.uk - Your guide to football parlance.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Issue for us LFC fans in general was he was found guilty on an assumption , they even used the phrase "Mr Evra's version of event is PROBABLY what happend"

The same Mr Evra that was found guilty and banned for 6 matches because of false racial alegations (chelsea groundsman) and the same Mr Evra who led the French national squad revolt at the last world cup.

There was ZERO evidence and they trusted the word of a known and convicted liar. The panel was manned by two close friends of Fergie.. go figure. hence the outburst of injustice and the backing to the hilt of the player.
    As much as I understand you point, I don't think this makes any difference. If he had been found guilty in a court, then in our laws he is guilty. Granted we have not gone this far (yet), but to show support for this is saying your support what he did.

Lets be fair, we all saw the reaction at the time of the incident, if something had not been said then it would not have prompted such a reaction. Why pick Suarez if he didn't say anything? He has said something to start this so he is in the wrong.

My point is: Look at Joey Barton, he is a moron for his past, no one has backed him "Yer Joey you are right we love you still despite you being a thug". Or Marlon King?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Whats football ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Whats football ?
    I wish I had the same understanding sometimes!

13. Thanks to GREED from:

mattx (30th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWPS View Post
    The scousers in particular love playing the victims, so the reaction on their part was always to be expected. They probably should have been done for the stance they took and some of the veiled accusations they made about the report as well.

But in general, football fans are blindly loyal and will follow pretty much anyone in their teams' shirt.
    Agreed, although I do think it might have been harsh on the ban of that length, after what has been recently happening it had to occur. After reading what information was actually released (very little too) turned out that Suarez dug him self a hole by claiming he said it once when in fact he didnt. Kenny has been forced to keep quiet but to be honest I think a deal was cut to accept the ban or all the details got published. I think Evra wasn't hurt by what was said but decided to take it as racism and Suarez as mentioned didnt help him self by claiming it was said once. And of course the FA decided let's set an example which frankly had to occur due to recent events.

I do agree though Fans supporting racism of any kind is disgusting and Liverpool have lost a lot of respect because of it.

Thank Post
    From what I heard, Suarez admitted saying "something" because in his country it was acceptable. (he admitted because he didn't think it was wrong) Obviously he is in the UK and should obey the UK laws. So he should be punished - no doubt. But I think on this it was down to ignorance rather than racism on Suarez's part. So yeah, Liverpool should support him through it. He'll live and learn! (hopefully)

Thank Post
    Sometimes i feel some people hide behind the whole racism thing which really annoys me.

Obviously racism is a disgusting thing and anyone caught doing it or saying it (like Terry) should be punished severely. I was walking in Meadowhall the other day and the wife bumped into someone by accident and she was called racist which is an absolute joke!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh I agree, the mere mention of a sniff of a hint of racism is met with a barrage of criticism.

Because it is acceptable in his country only digs deeper, that surely says something about Uruguay...

My issue still is the way fans and players have supported him, despite all of this. I am sorry to say but if he was found to have dodgy child picture (or something equally wrong), would they all still stick with him?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast