+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Someone remind me why Apple products are so expensive.....? in General; The only reason the TouchPad sold so well was due to the rock-bottom price. People weren't exactly rushing to buy ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    The only reason the TouchPad sold so well was due to the rock-bottom price. People weren't exactly rushing to buy them before the fire sale!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    The only reason the TouchPad sold so well was due to the rock-bottom price. People weren't exactly rushing to buy them before the fire sale!
    Well thats it isn't it ? HP don't have the cult following that Apple moulds into it's unevolved fan base who blindly open their wallets at a sniff of anything with a 'logo' on. As that's all it is - a 'logo' Like Pepsi, Coke, Levi's, Nike - it's just a logo, nothing more. Their products do the same as all the others, sometimes a little better, sometimes worse. If people want to waste their money on over valued trash that has a logo on then more fool them I say. ;-)

Thank Post
    HP don't have the cult following that Apple moulds into it's unevolved fan base who blindly open their wallets at a sniff of anything with a 'logo' on. As that's all it is - a 'logo' Like Pepsi, Coke, Levi's, Nike - it's just a logo, nothing more.
    Yes, that's exactly why Apple users buy Apple products It has nothing to do with the actual products themselves. Nope.

Thank Post
    It's interesting that people ask why are they expensive even though the parts are the same, I am a complete Anti Apple man. I totally agree its over priced for what it is but..... and it sickens me to say this. Their Macs are very good for what they do, they are reliable and work straight out the box with little faffing around. Although I did manage to crash our brand new MAC 2 years ago when I got it out the box

Same goes for their iPhones, at first they were the only thing really available which gave us a ton of stuff on our phones (like Apps).

I now own an iPhone 4, I didnt own the previous ones and even my other half now has the 4S. She cant stay off it, shes playing coin game at the moment. Yes the competition is growing and lets face it they all want a big portion of that Apple profit.

Although i would always shout Apple release products which are not that useful for us here, personally they are pretty dandy..

I feel so dirty and I think I need a shower.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Says it all for me:

6. Thanks to mattx from:

Greenbeast (26th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Says it all for me:

Or the old scottish saying "ALL FUR COAT AND NAE KNICKERS"

Thank Post
    Or, stop caring what others spend their hard earned money on?

Thank Post
    What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

Though I will say I did treat myself to a MacBook pro just before Christmas and find it to be one of the nicest laptops I've used.

10. Thanks to ChrisJ from:

mattx (26th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Or, stop caring what others spend their hard earned money on?
    Hey, don't ruin our fun!

Thank Post
    BBC Business news Headline today "Android's share of tablet market jumps...."

Quote from BBC site "Google's Android operating system's share of the global tablet computer market has risen sharply at the expense of Apple's iOS, research suggests.

Android accounted for 39% of the market in the final three months of last year, up from 29% a year earlier, Strategy Analytics said. Apple's share fell to 58% from 68%."

Full story at BBC News - Android's share of tablet market jumps

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    Android accounted for 39% of the market in the final three months of last year, up from 29% a year earlier, Strategy Analytics said. Apple's share fell to 58% from 68%."
    "and nobody bothered to report on BlackBerry Playbook figures".

Interesting article, cheers

Perhaps the competition will force Apple's hand in to reducing prices? Or, more realistically, to start another spree of patent violation law suits.

14. Thanks to LosOjos from:

mattx (26th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Apple have managed to mould themselves into almost religion-esque levels of following now... doesn't matter what they bring out now people will buy it in droves just to be part of the Apple lifestyle. Along with clothing brands it's quite disturbing just how easy it is for brands to make people buy and the social pressures involved around it. No wonder everyone's broke

Personally I'm not a fan of iPhones and Apple's interface and will take HTC Sense any day

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    Hey, don't ruin our fun!
    *shrug* I just don't get why people care so much. If someone wants to buy a product and they deem it worth the cost, it's not really anyone elses business. Everyone has their vices and hobbies that look stupid to others.

BBC Business news Headline today "Android's share of tablet market jumps...."

Quote from BBC site "Google's Android operating system's share of the global tablet computer market has risen sharply at the expense of Apple's iOS, research suggests.

Full story at BBC News - Android's share of tablet market jumps
    All of that is fair enough, but it's never been about market share for Apple. I read somewhere that dispite only having around 5 to 10% of smartphone share, they make nearly 80% of the profits. I might try to dig it out later :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    *shrug* I just don't get why people care so much. If someone wants to buy a product and they deem it worth the cost, it's not really anyone elses business. Everyone has their vices and hobbies that look stupid to others.
    likewise, everybody has an opinion. This is a forum, people come here to voice their opinion, particularly on tech; that's how a forum works and a community thrives, through discussion! I'm sure nobody means any offence to anyone because of their choices, it's all just healthy debate.

All of that is fair enough, but it's never been about market share for Apple. I read somewhere that dispite only having around 5 to 10% of smartphone share, they make nearly 80% of the profits. I might try to dig it out later :P
    Market share and profit go hand in hand - Apple may still make more profit with a lower market share than their competitor's (you might argue that's why they overprice their products ) but losing market share will still mean losing profits to their competitors - so it does matter to them. It matters to any profit making company.

Thank Post
    oh ya of course market share matters to them, but it shouldn't be held up as the primary marker of success. Of course Android is going to have a much greater marketshare because it's installed on such a huge range of devices, whereas iOS is only on Apple products. The downside of Android is that OEMS have razor thin profit margins as competition is much greater and have to ship a ton more devices to make even half the profit Apple makes.

likewise, everybody has an opinion. This is a forum, people come here to voice their opinion,
    True, it's just some of the comments on here can be pretty offensive at times. People buying Apple products aren't automatically "Stupid","Sheep" and "unevolved" It's sorta ironic how the Anti Apple Fanboys are as bad as the pro Apple fanboys they attempt to belittle.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast