Poll: Was the punishment correct

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Teacher bulling in General; I have posted a news artical of somthing that is getting more and more common. What do you think I ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Teacher bulling

I have posted a news artical of somthing that is getting more and more common. What do you think I feel worryed after seeing this as this is giving the kids the wrong idea. the fact that she hit a head teacher and then got away with a caution. Does this mean that if it happened to us would the school back us up or just ask to drop the case. I know the unions are not happy with the outcome but i would love to know what other people think. I know it is getting more common. And the fact another student filemed it makes it even worse it was even posted on youtube.bbc news video

Thank Post

Re: Teacher bulling

The plain fact is that whatever the school chooses to do - it’s a criminal act and it can be pursued via the Police regardless of whatever you school feels about it.

Personally there is not a teacher, manager or other body that would prevent me from suing the little git into oblivion - that is assuming that in the 1st instance they had not been carrying a weapon, which is becoming a common problem, & 2nd instance they had the good sense not to resist the resultant arm lock and frog march to the nearest Police officer.

If either the above had been broached then I am very well versed in what the law actually says about 'reasonable force'. To wit - if there is a clear or suspected danger to YOU, a 3rd PARTY or the ATTACKER - you are entitled to use whatever reasonable means needed to PREVENT said danger.

There is no 'like-for-like' rule on force, nor is there a blanket rule on not touching a child forcibly. However - What ever you do, you WILL have to answer for it in a court room, so do not treat the subject lightly or with causal ease.

The number one problem is at some point we allowed children to get the idea that there is never any come-back and they are somehow immortal. This is a failing of us the adults. It will not change until the message is sent loud and clear that the adults are in charge and you will tow the line or you will be in a jail cell for your pains.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

have you or your school been taught the new rules about searching which a teacher can do now this was on the news the same time as the above news report. I know for one i would not be happy to search students I can see it is opening a can of worms.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6704563.stm

Thank Post

We have a Police Office stationed at the school

It is proving to be extremly valvuble in teaching and guiding both students & staff. I stress that she is not there as a 'big-stick' approch to problems, nor are we by any means a problem school.

I know many schools have much more serious problems than we have, however annoying they are - but thats kinda the point - they are annoying not dangerous 'wear a stabvest' issues.

That said, stop and search - oh that will be needing so many guidlines.

As you say, a can-o-worms

Thank Post

".......... only a common assault" !!!!!

..... so can I expect the same "caution" if I wack a kid, or a policeman, or a judge etc????

..... one law for some etc.........

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread