+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dear Mr Cameron.... in General; Dear Mr Cameron, My son's school had great plans ahead when the BSA plans were introduced. The school has fallen ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Dear Mr Cameron....

Dear Mr Cameron,

My son's school had great plans ahead when the BSA plans were introduced. The school has fallen into complete disrepair, leaking classrooms, paint peeling off the walls, freezing cold in the winter. You know the normal run of the mill school that has had no money invested in it by all governments over the years.
    You mate Mr Gove scrapped that so my son is still sitting in a crap hole of a school. Mr Gove said there was no money which is fair enough. But now all of a sudden 33 Billion pounds has been found to fund a new rail link between London and Birmingham - the very same rail link that will be running through an outdoor activity centre my son also attends which will also now have to be closed.

Mr Cameron - your an idiot.

2. 10 Thanks to mattx:

Andrew_C (11th January 2012), elsiegee40 (11th January 2012), JoeBloggs (11th January 2012), jpaterson (11th January 2012), LosOjos (11th January 2012), sparkeh (11th January 2012), stevenlong1985 (11th January 2012), Trapper (11th January 2012), witch (11th January 2012), X-13 (11th January 2012)

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can I add 32 billion on a rail link we don't need. Why not upgrade the existing rail link? Or is that too easy a solution and would mean Cameron and his cronies don't get their snouts in the trough in terms of all the nice fat juicy contracts being awarded?

It's a vanity project and a complete waste of money. Give me 32 billion and I'll solve unemployment in this country and get people off the poverty line. I'll make sure the elderly have enough to eat and fuel to heat their homes.

Cameron is a jackass. The Government stinks. H2S stinks.

4. 4 Thanks to tech_guy:

LosOjos (11th January 2012), mattx (11th January 2012), sparkeh (11th January 2012), stevenlong1985 (11th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    *you're

also, rabble rabble rabble.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Dear Mr Cameron,

My son's school had great plans ahead when the BSA plans were introduced. The school has fallen into complete disrepair, leaking classrooms, paint peeling off the walls, freezing cold in the winter. You know the normal run of the mill school that has had no money invested in it by all governments over the years.
    You mate Mr Gove scrapped that so my son is still sitting in a crap hole of a school. Mr Gove said there was no money which is fair enough. But now all of a sudden 33 Billion pounds has been found to fund a new rail link between London and Birmingham - the very same rail link that will be running through an outdoor activity centre my son also attends which will also now have to be closed.

Mr Cameron - your an idiot.
    Since the schools have become acadamies they have had much more money to spend. Our school has finally got money to do those repairs you talk about.

Oh and the rail link only starts in 2016 for 15 years or something

Over that time its actually not very much at all.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, its all Cameron isn't it. It wasn't Labour who created the scheme...

May I ask what your alternative is to building a new line? It has already been shown several times that upgrading existing lines would do nothing, as capacity is simply limited. When you have lines being shared by high speed, direct, stopping and freight trains, you end up with the slowest of them holding up the rest.

So, go on, tell us how you'd solve the overcrowding on the trains, and the impending capacity limit?

It is annoying that schools are being given such a poor showing for capital expenditure but you shouldn't slag off one project just because it doesn't fit with your individual view of what is important.

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    32 Billion would pay off our national debt!!
    Its a 150 mile stretch as the crow flies, what you making it from chuffing gold???? Here's an idea, ignore the idiots that are lib dems - they're oxygen thieves anyway. Upgrade the existing link, stop giving away our money in foreign aid and grow a spine (government in general that is)! Now I know they're making cuts, but let's not pull the wool over, it's labour that got us in this mess to start with giving all our bleeding money away, plunging us into ridiculous amounts of debt and lining their own pockets. Don't get me wrong they all p~~~ in the same pot, but at least this lot are trying to put things right. If it was down to labour we'd be broke and sold out to european rule by now.

DT

Thank Post
    Might help if they actually collected tax from the top companies.

10. 8 Thanks to edutech4schools:

ButterflyMoon (11th January 2012), LosOjos (11th January 2012), mattx (11th January 2012), Oaktech (11th January 2012), Pyroman (11th January 2012), sonofsanta (11th January 2012), tech_guy (11th January 2012), Trapper (11th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
    32 Billion would pay off our national debt!!
    Err... No. 32bn would not pay off our 1tn national debt.

12. Thanks to localzuk from:

Flatpackhamster (12th January 2012)

Thank Post
    But... but... the rail link will be big and exciting! And lots of people will benefit. What do I get out of your local school being improved? </sarcasm>

DT2
    Thank Post
    well it'd be a start....
    maybe politicians should take a pay cut too, like a lot of people have had to. You don't see them scrimping when "times are hard".

EDIT: "The UK went bust in 1976 with a deficit of just 6% of GDP. Today that deficit is 11%."

best I hold my tongue ......
    Last edited by DT2; 11th January 2012 at 10:12 AM.

15. Thanks to DT2 from:

ButterflyMoon (11th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Err... No. 32bn would not pay off our 1tn national debt.
    it wouldn't add to it.

Thank Post
    I think you missed the point ... 33 Billion pounds is allot of money.
    Were going though austerity where everything has been cut ... and yet all of a sudden we need a new rail link ....really ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A direct rail line is needed between the major cities in the country, such as London to Edinburgh (high speed should be do it in 5 hours without the need for changing, including stopping at Birmingham, Leeds, and Newcastle. The rail links are needed as they will provide the following

Thousands of jobs for the construction industry to BUILD the rail lines
    Hundreds of jobs in the engineering industry to BUILD the trains
    Hundreds of jobs in the rail industry to RUN the trains
    More money into the rail system, thereby increasing tax revenue collected from the companies

It is more of a long term plan which people seem to miss.

As for your sons school, yes the BSF stuff was pulled, but Labour put in motion the programme being scrapped, not the ConDem'd government, as labour admitted they couldn't keep up with their end of the bargain. It also left a lot of companies out of pocket and lots of people jobless, not to mention hundreds of schools unfinished and having to find the capital themselves to finish off the building work.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    I think you missed the point ... 33 Billion pounds is allot of money.
    Were going though austerity where everything has been cut ... and yet all of a sudden we need a new rail link ....really ?
    Capital projects have been shown again and again to be a good way to stimulate the economy of a country. So, yeah, I can understand it completely.

Also, maintenance in a school is generally the responsibility of the school. The last school I worked in was built in Victorian times. It hasn't been given any lumps of money to bring it up to standard etc... yet it was in immaculate condition, through good planning and good day to day maintenance by the site manager. Many heads have damaged their schools by not putting enough budget into maintenance.

So, it isn't everyone else's fault the rooms need painting.
    Last edited by localzuk; 11th January 2012 at 10:25 AM.

20. Thanks to localzuk from:

Tricky_Dicky (13th January 2012)

DT2
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post

It is more of a long term plan which people seem to miss.

That's the problem, remember the last long term plan.... The aircraft carriers, 8 years later we're now not expecting it until 2020........ And it's cost a bucket load already.
    It's just a way of the government lining their pockets, and those of their friends. I wonder how many MPs have a vested interest in the companies who are selected to undertake the work.
    It's this that is driving our country to the dogs, MPs pushing for "projects", when really it's their interest that are set to gain.
    To be fair, I'd vote for the lot of them to be shot

Or maybe I'm just sceptical after the last lot of jokers.....
    Last edited by DT2; 11th January 2012 at 10:27 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast