+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dear Mr Cameron.... in General; Originally Posted by X-13 That's not a real story... Not sure if you know that. Also, best line of the ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    That's not a real story... Not sure if you know that.

Also, best line of the entire thing:
    It's filtered but frankly if it was real, it wouldn't suprise me in the least. xD

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Well yeah it's likely going through anyway, but at least it'll be watered down. Would you prefer it have gone through unchecked?

This.. sometimes it gets bogged down so much it can't be done before the end of a parliament.
    The BMA and the PCT's hated the original plan, so the original was probably the right plan...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Well yeah it's likely going through anyway, but at least it'll be watered down. Would you prefer it have gone through unchecked?
    I'd have preferred to have left this dismal country as I have zero faith in any of it's proposed leaders. It doesn't matter which party you look at, they all appear to have the collective intelligence of a below average IQ children's puppet.

4. 2 Thanks to LosOjos:

ButterflyMoon (11th January 2012), PICNIC (11th January 2012)

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'd have preferred to have left this dismal country as I have zero faith in any of it's proposed leaders. It doesn't matter which party you look at, they all appear to have the collective intelligence of a below average IQ children's puppet.
    Nail on the head. That's brilliant!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    The way to revitalise Birmingham & elsewhere is to create jobs where people work, not have people spend their time commuting long distances.....

If more jobs existed outside of London & the South East there would be less reason for people to commute. Also increasing rail & road network capacity to meet commuting demands means you end up with huge off-peak surplus capacity in your transport infrastructure.

I have done my share of commuting by road, rail & even for a while by air. There is no substitute for being able to work close to home.
    spare capacity is a good thing as it allows for growth and better maintenence so it lasts longer.

The line to birmingham not fussed but extending it further to leeds/manchester does

its about time some money was invested in infrastructure as at least around here its crumbling just look at the trains we get round here they are usually old castofs from the south east and really belong on a scrap pile

Thank Post
    Neg Rep "Please feel free to leave then cos frankly the country doesn't need your negative views!" - thank you now how about growing a pair and owning up to it eh? Of course you won't, because as all regular EG's know, this phantom Tory neg-repper is a coward.

I'm sorry that I'm finding it hard to stay positive in a country that has been beaten to the ground by stupid politicians and greedy bankers, and that has then chosen to punish the public sector (though funnily enough, not the politicians or the bankers) for that - clearly I'm insane! As for leaving the country, I'd love to! Unfortunately I don't get paid enough to raise the funds to do so; it's a vicious cycle!
    Last edited by LosOjos; 11th January 2012 at 01:59 PM.

8. Thanks to LosOjos from:

ButterflyMoon (11th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Neg Rep - thank you now how about growing a pair and owning up to it eh? As for leaving the country, I'd love to! Unfortunately I don't get paid enough to raise the funds to do so; it's a vicious cycle!
    I know that feel. Kind of...

Thinking about it, I read this morning that 160,000 people are unemployed because of non-eu immigrants. [4 immigrants means 1 UK resident unemployed, iirc]

Mass emigration by the locals has the potential to fix things... Less unemployment here, less crowding here. Go to an empty-er country; sort out their economy, create jobs, generally make things better [by a factor of one fifth. ]

They go back, or stay here and we stay there, everyone is happy. [Possibly...]

Thank Post
    Seems expensive, the Eurotunnel was only 9.5 billion!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    yeah but how much would the euro tunnel cost now I wonder.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    Taking inflation in to account, that makes this project roughly double the price[*]. Does seem extremely expensive despite the longer distance; not like they have to build a tunnel capable of with standing the weight of the channel!

*http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...nged-1900.html

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshammer_dj View Post
    yeah but how much would the euro tunnel cost now I wonder.
    There was a huge amount of uproar about that ruining the countryside and creating noise also for euro tunnel.

I actually travelled on it last month and it was very quiet as far as I could see caused no problems to the landscape.
    Last edited by zag; 11th January 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Neg Rep "Please feel free to leave then cos frankly the country doesn't need your negative views!" - thank you now how about growing a pair and owning up to it eh? Of course you won't, because as all regular EG's know, this phantom Tory neg-repper is a coward.
    Don't worry tis not me :P I'm more of a Lib Dem (Apologist nowadays >.> ) and don't give neg rep for political viewpoints, that's just stupid. (Heck, the only rep I give is "thanks" here)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, has anyone come up with an alternative which provides more capacity, creates jobs, and decreases transit times yet?

16. Thanks to localzuk from:

zag (11th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    So, has anyone come up with an alternative which provides more capacity, creates jobs, and decreases transit times yet?
    Teleporters and/or rocket packs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    But... but... the rail link will be big and exciting! And lots of people will benefit. What do I get out of your local school being improved?
    And it will still go over budget, delayed about 4 times and be too expensive for your average rail user.

As for BSA, is that the BSF?

Either way, BSF was fantastic, they threw loads of that money down the drain instead of actually giving schools the money then the responsibility would have been down to the schools. Oh wait have some schools been accused of wasting money for not reading inbetween the lines?

In the words of Doc Brown (Back to the future) in the moment he was about to show off the 88MPH trick "You're about to see some serious......."

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast