+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Opinions on my new car? in General; Hi folks. Going to be buying one of these very shortly. Will be the 2.0 manual version of this very ...
    Thank Post

Opinions on my new car?

Hi folks.

Going to be buying one of these very shortly. Will be the 2.0 manual version of this very model here (gen 3).

Anyone had one or got one? Know someone who has? Seen one driving by and fell in love/were sick? Any thoughts?

New beast:

Opinions on my new car?-hyundaicoupe.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Used to have this V6 a few years back.

Never missed a a beat, and still miss it now. Although if I was getting one now would steer clear of the V6 unless you own your own oil field :P

If your budget allows try to aim for a Gen 3.5 or the later SIII. Also bare in mind that the 2.0 is still quite steep for Road Tax.

Thank Post
    I've owned 2 of the earlier models, both gen 1, and loved them both. Got the first one when I was 19, as a 2.0 liter one was cheaper to insure than the 1.3 car I owned previously! Then later I got the F2 Evo model, which is supposedly has a faster engine, but I couldnt tell the difference. Then I got kids and a sensible car :-(

They aren't amazingly quick, (not sure about the newer ones) as they are pretty heavy, but I loved driving it every time I got in it. Never had any major problems with either, although the clock did break in both of them! I could average about 35mpg out of it driving fairly sensibly.

Steve

Thank Post
    one of my previous bosses had a first gen one and was completely and utterly smitten with it - i think he may still have it. he had the 2.0 but he also had a copy of the demon tweeks catalogue so it had an induction kit on it, and a sports exhaust, and some other goodies...

parkers guide may be able to tell you more Parkers Guide

I'm not sure about the styling personally, but hyundai generally make a good car these days so i'm sure its fine underneath.

Thank Post
    Cheers guys.

I've settled on the 2.0 as opinion on the Hyundai forums seems to be that they are the better car given mpg for performance, insurance and maintenance. Like to think I'd done enough homework on the subject but keen on any impressions of any sort.

Think they look gorgeous, which is lucky!

I'll post up a pic or two when she arrives!!

Thank Post
    I had one of these but due to weather and that dam slippery ice a year ago i skidded out and ended up in a big barrier, causing the car to be a write off, i loved this car but it does drink a fair bit of fuel. would really like another one sometime soon, as it did turn a few heads Opinions on my new car?-hpim0823.jpg

Thank Post
    Is that hole in the windscreen from your head?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrobinson View Post
    I had one of these but due to weather and that dam slippery ice a year ago i skidded out and ended up in a big barrier, causing the car to be a write off, i loved this car but it does drink a fair bit of fuel. would really like another one sometime soon, as it did turn a few heads Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0823.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	12665
    Christ, please please tell me that wasn't a head doing that to the windscreen! :/

Handsome looking gen 3.5 too. If I CAN that's the one I'll go for. If there's a gen 3 too good to turn down though I'll get that and 'Tatlock' the lights (removing the amber bit to make them clear & use orange indicator bulbs instead.)

Thank Post
    No no Boone was badly injured a friend pulled a muscle in the back as there is no headroom And tall people have to bend there neck. The hole was made by punching through the windscreen so I could drive it home.

Thank Post
    Wow - thank goodness! Still though, bad luck. :/

Cheers for the opinions guys, coupe time is edging ever close also! Looking like the beginning of Feb

Thank Post
    I had a 1998 first gen 2.0 model for a few years, absolutely adored it. Looked great, really comfortable and pretty quick. Had to get rid though as it just cost too much to run.

Thank Post
    Video tech has a Gen3 (I think)..he's looking to get shot, citing cost to run. Bless. The Head had an older one - christened it the "Widowmaker"..heh. He liked it, but said it could be a twitchy car to drive if pushed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Video tech has a Gen3 (I think)..he's looking to get shot, citing cost to run.
    Oooh really? If it's a 2.0 manual in black/silver with 50-60k on it, fsh and in good nick in the south I'll definitely be interested in a look! If so might someone who knows him steer him my way?

Thank Post
    God knows what the lump under the bonnet is, but it's a quite pretty metallic blue, no idea on mileage/SH etc, and it's in the Midlands..heh.

15. Thanks to Sirbendy from:

Miscbrah (17th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Ah no probs then. Ooh the money's starting to burn a hole in my pocket! Will have to get visiting a few dealers next week!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast