+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, What does 2012 have in store for you? in General; Originally Posted by Domino @ric @ Soulfish and I are all down this way @ irsprint84 Just shout if you ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    @ric @Soulfish and I are all down this way @irsprint84

Just shout if you need a beer break
    I m now in Ealing, give me a PM and we ll meet up

Thank Post
    Work - projects depend on funding and budgets I suppose, been looking at some nice stuff over the last few months though, as @garethedmondson said Virtualisation is a big one we are looking at and wireless for byod too, we have also been examining our networking infrastructure, Citrix was very impressive stuff when we looked at it and our windows 7 rollout went fairly painlessly (issues with sibelius were a headache logistically because of the bonkers file sizes) and staff took minimal time to get to grips with it. All in all makes for a good year ahead workwise with some exciting stuff to look at.

Home - Looking forward to becoming a dad (Wife is 10 weeks along now and all going well) though I will have to overcome my hatred of DIY to sort out a nursery here, life is great at the moment.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Work - getting used to working in London (for a non-tech company) and the commute, as well as desperately bootstrapping my SharePoint skills.

Home - not much, moving out to my own place sometime over the next few months and that's about as exciting as it gets this year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    Now it's time to get hitched, I suppose.
    Not the most romantic way of saying it - don't say that to your partner, will you? Or 2012 may not be a good year!

Thank Post
    wow first week working at a uni has been great! done 10 and 11 hour shift even though I do 8 hours because so much fun. Also live so close so when I have to be in for 9 get up at 8:20am plus doing a 10 - 6 shift today and got up at 9:20

Though some people dont like it, I love there is process and policies plus because I manage systems I dont have to touch other things like networks, desktops, website etc.. plus we have a dedicated helpdesk so we dont have to deal with the general public.

Weird thing is dealing with 2 massive datacentres, 100s of servers plus when you walk in any of them a video camera starts recording and everything is swipe cards. Also nice ot have a good team under me though I m in process of merging six forests into two

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123