+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Why oh why did I go to Asda this afternoon?!!! in General; Just come back from "last shopping" at Tesco Chorley - surprisingly OK inside Si...

Thank Post
    Just come back from "last shopping" at Tesco Chorley - surprisingly OK inside

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Tonbridge not as busy as I expected when I dropped daughter off to do her shift at Sainsbury's. She's just texted me in her break to say that it's quite quiet for a Saturday.

rad
    Thank Post
    ASDA on Thursday was badnenough, I was going to play dodgems around the veg isle.... Then when we got to cereal isle I did that run and jump on the trolley thing you do as a kid!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I went to the local supermarket here, Countdown, unfourtunatly someone helpfully parked IN the front of my car Luckily it was only the plastic radiator cover that they damaged however they were very quick to pull out the "oh look there is no damage" (that is quickly visible) card... yet... , the $400-500 to replace the plastic and metal component with the broken bottom brackets was not worth the effort of getting police and insurance companies involved. Christmas certainly is trying.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 24th December 2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: more data

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I went to the local supermarket here, Countdown, unfourtunatly someone helpfully parked IN the front of my car Luckily it was only the plastic radiator cover that they damaged however they were very quick to pull out the "oh look there is no damage" (that is quickly visible) card... yet... , the $400-500 to replace the plastic and metal component with the broken bottom brackets was not worth the effort of getting police and insurance companies involved. Christmas certainly is trying.
    Surely it is worth it for you? Costs you the price of a call to your insurance company, all the work done at their cost and no claims? If your insurance company gets all the money from the other side, no downside to you.

Thank Post
    not compulsory to have car insurance in NZ

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Surely it is worth it for you? Costs you the price of a call to your insurance company, all the work done at their cost and no claims? If your insurance company gets all the money from the other side, no downside to you.
    Our insurance companies are shocking, I've had all sorts of issues with them. By rights it should not cost me anything but they'd be after the no-claims bonus and if they could not contact/don't bother to try and contact the third party they just bill you the excess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by markcuk View Post
    not compulsory to have car insurance in NZ
    No, but it is recommended however it is nowhere near as expencive as in the UK (cars are though), said dropkick was driving a big company ute/pickup anyway hence their bumper was above the level of mine and went clean into the grill, luckilly it only owned on a few clips. Its not really visible but its a fair bit more flexible now than it was before. Its just a pain that it happened at all and that its such a mess of a system that its easier to write it off.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Shops very quiet today, got parked really easily. However....

Thank Post
    I went to Tesco just before closing last night, cos were sad, obviously.

I was amazed still loads of veg, meat and next to no one there. I was expecting empty shelves and mad rushing around consumers.

The worst part? By 6:30pm on Christmas Eve they'd already removed all the Christmas signage and had the sale section up and running.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12