+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Two audio devices 1 set of PC speakers in General; Hey guys, today I purchased a Logitech wireless bluetooth audio adaptor to use bluetooth from my Iphone to my PC ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Two audio devices 1 set of PC speakers

Hey guys, today I purchased a Logitech wireless bluetooth audio adaptor to use bluetooth from my Iphone to my PC speakers for music but also have my PC connected to the same set of speakers. The speakers are pretty normal set of sony PC speakers with a sub two speakers and a single 3.5mm for input. I brought a two into one out 3.5mm adaptor from maplins which both devices work fine via but when the PC is on and I play music over bluetooth the audio from the bluetooth device is very very quiet, a third of the PC, soon as you unplug the PC again full volume. What is the solution to this?

Logitech wireless bluetooth unit with two outputs, 3.5mm and RCA-
    Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices (980-000540): Electronics

Two 3.5mm to one
    3.5mm Stereo Two-into-One Adaptor : 3.5mm Stereo Jack Adaptors : Maplin Electronics

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 783 Posts
    Blog Entries
    can I suggest removing the 2 into 1 adapter ASAP - it'll blow one or both of your devices. They are for splitting a signal into half (like 2 pairs headphones/speakers) and categorically not for 2 inputs to 1 output - most devices will have a paddy with it. I've seen sound cards killed doing that.

4. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

Oaktech (22nd December 2011)

Thank Post
    +1 for @synaesthesia for saying what i was about to say... what you need is one of these... 3 WAY STEREO AUDIO SELECTOR SWITCH THREE INPUT 1 OUTPUT on eBid United Kingdom

if you aren't that fussy, you could use a 3 pound AV selector from anywhere, but that one has at least one 3.5mm in on it to make life easier. the point is here though that you need to disconnect one input device from the other input device when they are operating. outputs in a headphone/op-amp don't appreciate having a volt of AC shoved up them the wrong way!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    What is the solution to this?
    I had the same issue - four devices that produce sound, one set of speakers, and in the end I bought a proper, powered mixing deck:

SOUNDLAB 4-CHANNEL STEREO DJ PARTY MICROPHONE MIXER NEW | eBay

4-Channel Stereo Mixer : Mixers : Maplin Electronics

Remember you'll need some twin (large)phono-to-(small)stereo adaptors if you're pluggin in 3.5mm stereo cables from your PC or similar.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ah thanks guys good job I posted up here before using them as a permenant setup, also today I visited my local Best Buy which is having a closing down sale, 50% off JBL Spot speaker system, great set for 40! Great bass and super little tweets for the size!
    JBL Spot 2.1 Speakers - Interchangeable Black & White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    Now using this on my PC and the sony set as my dedicated bluetooth set, may look at using them with my xbox/tv with a proper mixer in the future tho!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread