+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Electronic pay slips in General; Ive just been asked what sort of issues may be involved in the use of electronic pay slips. Specifically e-mailing ...

Thank Post

Electronic pay slips

Ive just been asked what sort of issues may be involved in the use of electronic pay slips. Specifically e-mailing them to people.

The initial test group would be the admin staff (all of whom have an email address at work) and whilst I've found some stuff on the Internet I was wondering what people here thought. What technical or legal issues are likely to crop up. Outside of "I don't have an email address" what sort of arguments are likely to be raised that we would need to be carefully of?

Cheers in advance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Ive just been asked what sort of issues may be involved in the use of electronic pay slips. Specifically e-mailing them to people.

The initial test group would be the admin staff (all of whom have an email address at work) and whilst I've found some stuff on the Internet I was wondering what people here thought. What technical or legal issues are likely to crop up. Outside of "I don't have an email address" what sort of arguments are likely to be raised that we would need to be carefully of?

Cheers in advance.
    I don't know whether they could print it off as proof of income, for instance if they went to get a mortgage/loan etc.

Thank Post
    Our LA have introduced E-Payslips, they get sent to our LA email accounts, we cannot ask them to send to our gmail etc. The LA decided this and gave every employee an email account.

Our staff have had no issues using the e-payslips as evidence for mortgages etc. The biggest pain is because the staff ONLY log into their LA account once a month I end up having to reset their passwords every time due to: user forgetting password, county disabling account due to lack of use (normally 2 months) or password expired mid month.

4. Thanks to pooley from:

dwhyte85 (21st December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    E-payslips have been around a long time and like other online services like car insurance etc, you'll have no problems using them as proof of anything.
    Another way of doing it which is very popular with large corporations is to have a secured website with separate login details where staff can get their payslips, documentation (contracts etc). Shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Thank Post
    The firm I work for switched to electronic payslips in April and so far we have had no problems with them. They are emailed to us as a password protected pdf file and the only person who knows that password besides the recipient is the person who does the wages.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rshortland View Post
    The firm I work for switched to electronic payslips in April and so far we have had no problems with them. They are emailed to us as a password protected pdf file and the only person who knows that password besides the recipient is the person who does the wages.
    Interesting... What process is undertaken to password the PDF? Ie is it all done manually or does your payroll system allow for the creation of passworded PDF's?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Interesting... What process is undertaken to password the PDF? Ie is it all done manually or does your payroll system allow for the creation of passworded PDF's?
    We use sage here and the password part is done by Sage itself. When it was first set up it created a random password for each person but you can go and change it.

Thank Post
    I've had no trouble using payslips printed off from an online system. I've used them for tax purposes, student finance purposes, grant purposes, credit card applications, the only thing i haven't done is apply for a mortgage using them.

TBH they were a pain in my arse - i had to print all of them off anyway for my own records (tax man wanted monthy payslips kept) as i have/had multiple jobs and self employed. So the whole point of them was kinda in vein. and for me it was yet another set of login details i really didn't need to have.

Your P60's/p45's has to be on paper i think.

Thank Post
    I'd love to have electronic payslips in the NHS, takes about a week for us to get them in the internal post. Would be nice to check mine when I am paid and then I can go to our payroll and moan when they don't pay me as they should.

hit
    Thank Post
    Our LA forced us to go over to electronic payslips over a year ago since when I haven't seen one. Apparently my work email address (where it must be sent to) is too long for the field in their database, some nice coding there guys! It's not so much an issue seeing as we have been on a pay freeze since then and as long as the amount that goes into my bank is roughly the same each month it's OK. dont know whats going to happen when things change though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread