+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Flash Problems in General; Needing some help on this, head is mangled. Flash is currently installed via GPO, and we are currently pushing out ...

Thank Post

Flash Problems

Needing some help on this, head is mangled. Flash is currently installed via GPO, and we are currently pushing out the latest Flash through their MSI. It seems to install properly, and when we browse to the flash website it says 'Flash installed vXXX'. It will also play some Flash fine. However, when browsing to a site that uses <script> to load a flash video, such as YouTube or ArtisanCam it comes up with a 'you do not have flash player installed'. However, I don't think it's Java as I've run various Java tests.

I can then browse to the Adobe site, download the version again in the normal installer format, run it through, and browse YouTube without a problem.

This is logged on as any user - teacher, student, local admin. It doesn't work for any until a reinstall. Any ideas?

It's bizarre how Flash works on sites that don't load the files with <script>

Thank Post
    Also, I can uninstall Flash via the MSI, and then install it via the same MSI and it then works.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,446 Posts
    Interesting we get similar issues with flash where a site will load as a teacher fine but if a student tries it doesn't work until we add that site as trusted to the browser but I can't be doing that for everysite there must be some difference between the 2 users allthough I haven't found it yet.

I hate flash.

Ben

Thank Post
    Could this be UHPC interfering does anyone think? We don't use any other cleanup tools. If so, anyway to add an exception so it misses out Flash?

Thank Post
    We have not had these kind of issues for a long time, it used to be where it wasnt install for the actual profile - I would pre-setup the mandatory file by going to a flash site and installing flash if need be.

Not had to worry about this for a long time though, some times though I have noticed that although it says "Flash" have you tried to install ShockWave as well seeing if that fixes the issue?
    I remember a while ago having all sorts of issues with flash - exactly the sorts of issues you two are having.

Thank Post
    It actually works when first installed, and only stops working (for sites that use <script> only) after a day or two. Flash continues to work for sites that don't use <script>. A reinstall gets it working again. It's also literally an issue on every machine in school, not just one or two.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread