+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Saying goodbyes in General; Well, have been gearing up for leaving my current place of work for the last week or so. It's only ...
    Thank Post

Saying goodbyes

Well, have been gearing up for leaving my current place of work for the last week or so. It's only just started occurring to about how much I might miss this place.

I first came here after leaving school, as an apprentice (July 2004). At the time I was interviewed by my current line manager and the head of ICT. Then after little over a year of being here, I was taken on full-time (August 2005). Ever since then I have been learning and developing both techically and also in maturity. I've grown up here. I've seen staff and students come and go. There've been minor fallings out. There've been friendships made. A couple of years ago I discovered Edugeek and people here have helped me over the years and I'd like to think I've helped too (will also continue to do so when time is available).

I'd just like to thank everyone here who has helped me including @Sylv3r @Hightower @witch @nephilim and many others. To quote Arnie ... "I'll be back!"

2. 12 Thanks to DAZZD88:

ButterflyMoon (9th December 2011), elsiegee40 (9th December 2011), Gatt (9th December 2011), Hightower (8th December 2011), john (8th December 2011), K.C.Leblanc (9th December 2011), korifugi (9th December 2011), nephilim (8th December 2011), rad (9th December 2011), Sylv3r (8th December 2011), TheScarfedOne (8th December 2011), witch (8th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any time old bean

Thank Post
    For all I never actually formally met you at any of the meetings, it was quite bizarre to find out you were attending all along. Had many chances to put a face to the name but was oblivious to the fact you attended.

Take care in your journey mate, and hopefully I'll get a chance to put your face on your name in the future.

Thank Post
    Well, I attended 2. Had every intention of being a regular though. Lol. Will most certainly still be kicking about on here now and again. Then again there's always Twitter too ( @DAZZD88 )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Well, I attended 2. Had every intention of being a regular though. Lol. Will most certainly still be kicking about on here now and again. Then again there's always Twitter too ( @DAZZD88 )
    Aye, I'll never get bored of your "in the pub" tweets - seem to be a daily occurrence

Thank Post
    Good luck for the future - keep in touch.

Thank Post
    Well today I've been given cards and gifts. I'm starting to think I'll have to leave my jobs more often. Racked up about 110 in gift cards. Got given4 cans of IPA, a dozen bottles of French/Belgian beer and a bottle of Gordon's Gin. I don't even get that much for Christmas!! Although to be fair to me, I did have to make a little speech.

Don't worry @Sylv3r I'll still pester you occasionally on Twitter. Lol.

On a side note, late yesterday I put an offer in on a house and got it accepted straight away. Have sorted out solicitors and also got my mortgage adviser onto doing a decision in principle. So as far as my life goes, full steam ahead!!

Thank Post
    We had to arrange our Mortgage Promise (Decision in Principle) before we could formally put an offer in on a house, as the estate agents ask for a copy on making an offer (to make sure it's a legit offer)

Thank Post
    Yeah well, I made an offer and it was accepted. Then had to supply the obvious stuff (DIP, solicitors details etc..) before it was official.

Well...off to the pub now to have a few drinks with staff, to celebrate my freedom.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread