+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, CCTV in toilets - is this allowed? in General; def not if the room is so small that there is no way they can avoid seeing the actual toilet. ...
    Thank Post
    def not if the room is so small that there is no way they can avoid seeing the actual toilet. I have no idea what law it would fall under tho.

Thank Post
    The school I went to must have had camera's in it... and this was about 10yrs ago. We didn't ever get up to anything particularly bad in them, just the usual stuff (I mean actually going to the loo) and a bit of writing messages on the walls, they smelt vile but I swear that nobody ever cleaned them.

Anyway, I noticed that there was a visible line where half the writing had been smudged off, I figured that this was because the cleaner wasn't that tall and simply couldn't reach that high so above that I wrote a note which said "haha, can't reach?". A few days later a teacher pulled me into his office and asked me if I'd been writing funny notes in the toilet, I denied it of course but he seemed absolutely convinced that it was me -it must have been a camera as I virtually never wrote anything on the walls in there.

Thank Post
    Slightly off topic, but I bought a swimming costume from a sports shop the other day. When I went to try it on, turned to look in the mirror to check it, and saw that the CCTV camera points straight into the mirror of the changing cubicle! Funnily enough, I won't be trying anything on there again!

Thank Post
    yeah, we've got camera's covering the sinks and soapo dispensers after one was set alight. Not sure how they managed that like.

Thank Post
    Hmm...tempting to look at adding some to our 96-strong matrix here...we have cams covering loo exits, but every day now the little barstewards are doing something...stripping down the auto soap dispensers/trying to torch them (WHY FFS?), flooding the loos etc.

Yesterday I was called to photograph the Year 7-9 boys hand drier...pulled totally off the wall (4 screws and rawplugs gone), partially stripped (with bits in the bin), STILL LIVE(!), left hanging by the 240v wires with the elements/motor exposed. When I went to handle it, it activated..I forgot they were auto-on. Needless to say we broke out the IT Dept building Master key and hit the isolator for it in the cupboard, then locked the loo in question and summoned SLT and site manager...

Problem is, you can't prove which kids did it with the exit cam..they're all either saying "it was like that", or "I saw nothing"..you know DAMN WELL one of them did it, but you can't prove it.

Thank Post
    lol. In most of the new Skanska schools in Bristol, they have these anti bully/vandalism unisex toliets which are open to the corridor except the cubicles. My school although 3 years old still has the old fashioned single sex closed toliets!

Thank Post
    There is actually little reason for 'closed' toilets, except a lot of schools use them as changing rooms as well.

At least pubs still stick with the old trough, and some schools; young boys and drunk men still can't aim straight despite thousands of years of evolution.

Thank Post
    in any case , you always have to ensure that the warning poster "These premises are under CCTV surveillance" in entering the building and close to the cameras if you want, but it must be displayed on entering the building, by law

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,476 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maestromasada View Post
    in any case , you always have to ensure that the warning poster "These premises are under CCTV surveillance" in entering the building and close to the cameras if you want, but it must be displayed on entering the building, by law
    Have you noticed that the thread is nearly 4 years old?

Thank Post
    ups! happens to me all the time, just focusing on reading the thread and then...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234