+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, CCTV in toilets - is this allowed? in General; "Every Step You Take" is an excellent, but critical new documentary about video surveillance in Britain (it has just premiered ...

Thank Post

Re: CCTV in toilets - is this allowed?

"Every Step You Take" is an excellent, but critical new documentary about video surveillance in Britain (it has just premiered at a film festival in Austria, coming to Britain / US soon).

It also has a section that deals with the presence of CCTV in toilets and other 'impossible' places. The trailer alone is worth seeing check it out:

http://www.EveryStepYouTake.org

2. Thanks to herbertbauer from:

jumpinjamez (9th October 2008)

Thank Post

Re: CCTV in toilets - is this allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by kerrymoralee9280
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenleak
    How well do they cope with UV lighting?
    UV Lighting?! You can't tell me you need to install UV lighting in your toilets?! If so is it to combat the use of drugs? And if so, what kind of school do you work at where kids are shooting up?!

Sorry if I'm reading into this wrong!
    Its a secondary school in the middle of 3 big council estates in north Bristol. Some of our kids have got real problems. They may give the impression of not wanting to be at school during the day but, when 3:30 comes around, they don't want to go home, because of what's waiting for them there.

Thank Post
    I worked at The Queen's School, which was the first school to place cameras in the toilets. You'll be amazed at some of the footage, we had a kid look direct at the camera, smile, wave, right before he took the sink apart.

Funny hearing about how he denied it was him when they played it back to his parents. Specially when the head was outside at the time and walked in on him.

Ah fun times.

I believe if you google the queen's school you'll see some where in the top 20, a link to the CBBC article about it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    That be the one!!

If anyone cares, the schools been closed and re-opened as the thomas clarkson community college. The heads left, the new temp head has left, the new head has left and it's the old deputy head who's now the temp head.

Lots of heads leaving there body (school)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I read it more like the lights on the ceiling...i hope thats what was meant lol! (uv lighting)

Thank Post
    We had CCTV in the loos. All came out 2 years or so back.

We've had them smashed, torched, flooded, used as a knocking shop (by a few students), smoking shelter and communal "base". Now we've got someone on guard there full time, it's no issue.

Getting the cameras out was GRIM...metal enclosures, toiletrolled into obscurity in the roof..soggy, smelly, all in all yuk. The girls was by far the worst, surprisingly.

We have quite a few kids here who don't really want to go home either..or who want to come in during holidays to escape.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    So what happens if one of the little darlings decides to take a pee in the sink how are you covered for that. Are you allowed to view the material if this happens?
    Hah. We've had kids openly bare their arse to our CCTV in the corridor outside IT..shame we were in the office (all of IT) with the deputy head (a lady)..talk about laugh..

We put it in the end of year 11 presentation for his year...we only hold a grudge until they leave.. Got a HUGE laugh..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    We have quite a few kids here who don't really want to go home either..or who want to come in during holidays to escape.
    It's unreal how bad the girls toliets have been. Not worth thinking about how sick you must be to take a dump then transfer it to the sink... no joke. Cleaner was wtf? Ended up getting the guy a cup of tea. Poor sod.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    It's unreal how bad the girls toliets have been. Not worth thinking about how sick you must be to take a dump then transfer it to the sink...
    Didn't she have a cup?

Thank Post
    Unfortuanly no-one stepped forward.... I wonder y ? Lol

Amazes me how most people i've worked with are tea\coffee addics

If you all had a choice, lose you right( or left if your left handed) arm or never drink tea\coffee ever again.

Lucky for me I'm one of those few freeks that doesn't like tea\coffee!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    I worked at The Queen's School, which was the first school to place cameras in the toilets. You'll be amazed at some of the footage, we had a kid look direct at the camera, smile, wave, right before he took the sink apart.

Funny hearing about how he denied it was him when they played it back to his parents. Specially when the head was outside at the time and walked in on him.

Ah fun times.

I believe if you google the queen's school you'll see some where in the top 20, a link to the CBBC article about it.
    I know of one school that had cameras in the toilets at least 4 years before that news article, and another school that had cameras in their toilets at least a year before that article. I think The Queens School were just the first to goto the press, and the assumption was made that it was the first school to do it.

Mike.

Thank Post
    I bet there would be all manor of uproar if said cameras were in the girls/womens.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertbauer View Post
    "Every Step You Take" is an excellent, but critical new documentary about video surveillance in Britain (it has just premiered at a film festival in Austria, coming to Britain / US soon).

It also has a section that deals with the presence of CCTV in toilets and other 'impossible' places. The trailer alone is worth seeing check it out:

Nino Leitner's Every Step You Take - Ready for your close-up?
    Great film , i do not agree with the over use of CCTV cameras anywhere and in childrens toilets its a joke (we have then at my school , nothing to do with me) . As is said in this film the footage does get out and then is misused. But the public are happy to give up civil liberties so we can "feel safe".

Thank Post
    i started a new job about a month and half ago and recently two people have been suspended and another sacked due to something to do with fraud or theft. ive heard that the company are thinking about putting covert cctv around the store and in the staff toilets. im wondering wether this is allowed as the staff toilets are one of males and one for females but they are just one room with the toilet and sink right next to each other. surley they are not allowed to do this?
    Last edited by ACAN; 17th June 2010 at 05:59 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast