+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, BBC Apple Placement in General; Originally Posted by sted i found the opposite with the mac mini i borrowed even the "simple" task of adding ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i found the opposite with the mac mini i borrowed even the "simple" task of adding photos to it made it crash repeatedly

When I brought it home, I flattened it and reinstalled OXS to get rid of any wrinkles, glitches, bugs and organisational identification...and to be 'nicey tidy' maybe you could try that. Took about a day to get all the Apple s/w updates d/l'ed and installed.

I've had to force reboot it a couple of times, but only after it's been running for days or weeks at a time, which I'm not going to complain about. Otherwise, no problems at all.

Trouble is, I think of things to do with it and to install on it while I'm at work then when I get home, I've either forgotten or can't be a*s*d and just veg out with a movie. Like, for instance, there was a game back in The Day, Sundog:Frozen Legacy, which was originally written for (original) Macs.........wonder if I can find a working version for Mini's.

Anyone remember it, btw? Sundog:Frozen Legacy?

No? Oh well................

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Pokemon is the business.

<snip>.
    Yes, I'm sure it is.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Yup, I'm outraged that a woman who featured in a documentary in multiple countries, filmed over days/weeks, changed outfits! Shocking behaviour.
    I remember thinking that when watching the recent series of Alice Roberts documentaries - 3 episodes filmed in two continents over several weeks, and only one outfit!

Thank Post
    Alan Sugars receptionist has a sony vaio all in one

Thank Post
    The thing I find amusing about this is the quote in that BBC News article which says that people are worried product placement will encourage unhealthy lifestyles. What has changed? EastEnders characters will still spend their entire lives in either the pub or the greasy spoon cafe, just like they have done for years; the only difference is that rather than saying "I'll have a pint please", they will say "I'll have a Fosters please". TV shows are not going to be showing any more unhealthy lifestyles than they showed before, they're just going to have brand names in them now.

The user of iPads in Spooks was amusing though - can't quite see MI5 giving all their staff iPads somehow!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    When I brought it home, I flattened it and reinstalled OXS to get rid of any wrinkles, glitches, bugs and organisational identification...and to be 'nicey tidy' maybe you could try that. Took about a day to get all the Apple s/w updates d/l'ed and installed.

I've had to force reboot it a couple of times, but only after it's been running for days or weeks at a time, which I'm not going to complain about. Otherwise, no problems at all.

Trouble is, I think of things to do with it and to install on it while I'm at work then when I get home, I've either forgotten or can't be a*s*d and just veg out with a movie. Like, for instance, there was a game back in The Day, Sundog:Frozen Legacy, which was originally written for (original) Macs.........wonder if I can find a working version for Mini's.

Anyone remember it, btw? Sundog:Frozen Legacy?

No? Oh well................
    oh it was fullo pap so i just reinstalledosx from scratch before i did anything else. Went back to work ages ago i just found it too "fisher price"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    oh it was fullo pap so i just reinstalledosx from scratch before i did anything else. Went back to work ages ago i just found it too "fisher price"
    My First Computer lolol

What I think is that if it had a nice bright LED under the cover, it would make a perfect table-lamp/media player.

But I can see the attraction if you have an iPod, iPhone, iPodTouch or an iPad, or if you're unsure, uncertain or just plain don't know anything about computers other than running them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123