+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Adobe - Education Announcement (1 Dec) in General; Originally Posted by LosOjos Did they mention the site? Even with student discount, I've not seen it for less than ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Did they mention the site? Even with student discount, I've not seen it for less than 300 (which I still don't consider cheap!)
    I'm sorry I don't have the name of the site to hand. Not that I would advertise pirate software.

GJE

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have the name of the site to hand. Not that I would advertise pirate software.

GJE
    My pupils tell me of a site were you can download CS5.5 for a cheap price with downloads available almost immediately.
    Sorry Gareth, I wouldn't expect you to advertise pirate software, I took your post to mean they had found a site selling CS5.5 cheap and legally!

Student discounts, deals & offers for premium software in UK is about the cheapest place I've seen it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well I for one am disappointed with the Adobe announcement today.

Adobe Digital School Collection | Adobe UK Schools Blog

It comes with Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements. I wonder if it is worth upgrading from the full versions (at CS3) which we have as part of the Master Suite.

I don't know - I'm just a tad disappointed. We had a quote today for the packages (I won't say which supplier)

Digital School Collection V10 – 50 user licence pack @ 1390

Digital School Collection V10 – 100 user licence pack @ 2383

I just don't know. What do other people think? I still think Adobe have missed a trick here.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Looking at over 21k for me to get that over 900 machines! its cheaper to buy master collection

5. Thanks to glennda from:

garethedmondson (7th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes - we had a quote for Master Collection for the whole site and it was around 8K - for 300 machines. I think I'd rather spend a little bit more to get the full kit (even if Premiere is 64 bit only).

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    I think they have missed a trick with it personally, secondary schools in my experience may wish to start with the elements for youngers students but soon want to expand and move onto the full products, we used to have Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements in some rooms and then a room of Photoshop full and they were always fighting over the Photoshop room as it was the full thing with more toys etc... We now have a site license for Master Collection and it makes life much easier as they have the full works anywhere and everywhere and we haven't noticed any issues with the younger or less able students using the software as its new to most of them as our feeders don't have it so its new from a school perspective, fine some may have it at home and play / dabble but they have never been taught the skills and why you use the filters for real benifits other than cutting your head off and sticking it on a lego man or on a toned adonis of a guy / gal etc....

Something like EES would have been great but perhaps too damaging for the for Adobe?

8. Thanks to john from:

garethedmondson (7th December 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123