+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Public sector pay rises capped at 1% in General; Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster What's the difference between an office of 5,000 workers and a secondary school? Those workers mostly ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    What's the difference between an office of 5,000 workers and a secondary school? Those workers mostly have kids, who spread the germs around their parents.

Adults have some level of immunity from viruses which help protect from becoming ill from their children or other menbers of staff. In a school, you have hundreds of them and it's a constant bombardment which easily gets through.

Also, from my experience, parents don't care if school staff get ill. I've seen pupils being sent in with projectile vomiting, temperatures of 104, chicken pox and meningitis, with the parents refusing to come and get them as they shouldn't be in school.

Adults just would stay off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Completley agree, in short, school environments turn illness viruses & bacteria into ninja's
    Incorrect.

A ninja wouldn't let you know you'd been infected and you would only know for sure after the post-mortem.
    Last edited by X-13; 2nd December 2011 at 08:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Ah, i knew there would be a flaw in my theory, perhaps they are more like Altair or Ezio from Assassins Creed then

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah, i knew there would be a flaw in my theory, perhaps they are more like Altair or Ezio from Assassins Creed then
    Not really, they're more like ninjas than people realise.

Viruses are like Vikings. They get in, mess about then go out in a blase of glory once your immune system catches up to them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Not really, they're more like ninjas than people realise.

Viruses are like Vikings. They get in, mess about then go out in a blase of glory once your immune system catches up to them.
    Im sticking with the Assassins Creed (especially the way i play) Go in all stealthy, start taking people down one by one, then get board of stealth and go for everyone at once

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Im sticking with the Assassins Creed (especially the way i play) Go in all stealthy, start taking people down one by one, then get board of stealth and go for everyone at once
    KILL ALL THE PEOPLE!

I think I once managed to kill all the guards in Brotherhood.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Strange as it sounds, above pensions pay and everything else that's wrong with public sector working, this is the main reason i want to leave working in a school I'm just at the end of my second cold in 2 months. Before i worked here i'd get one a year at best but now i seem to get 3 minimum and occasionally the flu which again i'd never had before!

I was like that when I first started. I was ill constantly; just clear a cold and then a few weeks later get the [man]flu. Your immune system does seem to get better with time, I guess once you have actually contracted each variation of each bug!

I was only saying the other week I don't think I've been ill this year, of course then I got ill and spent 3 weeks with a constant headache and cold. I did still carry on coming in to work but I guess I'm the exception...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I was like that when I first started. I was ill constantly; just clear a cold and then a few weeks later get the [man]flu. Your immune system does seem to get better with time, I guess once you have actually contracted each variation of each bug!

I was only saying the other week I don't think I've been ill this year, of course then I got ill and spent 3 weeks with a constant headache and cold. I did still carry on coming in to work but I guess I'm the exception...
    Been here 5.5 years now, the first 2 years weren't so bad but i seem to be the opposite in that it's getting worse over time! That said it does seem to have coincided with the move in offices....we're right infront of a corridor entrance, on lesson changes that door sticks open, and my manager insists on us having the office doors open so i freeze :/ Surprised i still have a right hand, my right hand side is to the door and my hand is constantly like an ice cube.

Thank Post
    my right hand side is to the door and my hand is constantly like an ice cube.
    Get a laptop with the fan on the right.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Get a laptop with the fan on the right.
    Haha, i'm going to have to take a picture of my desk now so you can see how crazy that sounds

Fitting a laptop on this desk is like trying to fit a golf ball in a hamsters mouth. Luckily we're getting new desks soon (which i had to complain about for months before that got sorted! Me and my colleague had to play the depression card based on working conditions in order for that to work too!) which should semi solve the problem, what i have at the moment can better be described as a plinth or shelf than a desk

Thank Post
    Do you like any really smelly horrible soups? Just sit drinking them all day, hopefully your boss will take the point.

Either that or carry on staying off ill all the time, while stating in your back to work interview that you believe it is because you are too cold all the time. No one else would have to put up with it in a school. We have electric/oil radiators for a very good number of the female workforce - not that I'm calling you a pansy ass girl or anything

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Do you like any really smelly horrible soups? Just sit drinking them all day, hopefully your boss will take the point.

Either that or carry on staying off ill all the time, while stating in your back to work interview that you believe it is because you are too cold all the time. No one else would have to put up with it in a school. We have electric/oil radiators for a very good number of the female workforce - not that I'm calling you a pansy ass girl or anything
    Thing is unless i feel REALLY bad i can't bring myself to call in sick for a cold, over the two colds I've had in the past 2 months i had one day off and that was only because it kept me up all night so i felt too drained to go in. Last winter around this time i went to work, via a 45 minute walk through the snow with the flu because if i feel i can do it i will (i know i know, not helping anyone by doing this, i just felt a bit better that morning and thought i could do it, it was the wrong choice though that's for sure!)

This office is a little square room, when the doors closed it builds up heat quickly and becomes really hot, but when the doors open the corridor is a wind tunnel and it becomes freezing, can't win

EDIT: I've just noticed this thread has gone wildly off topic now lol, started off with getting ill, worked it's way in to computer game analogies and worked it's way into cold offices and now we're here haha

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    EDIT: I've just noticed this thread has gone wildly off topic now lol, started off with getting ill, worked it's way in to computer game analogies and worked it's way into cold offices and now we're here haha
    Give it time and Godwin's Law will come into effect.

EDIT: By mentioning Godwin's law, have I envoked it by alluding to that which it refers to? [/philosoraptor]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Give it time and Godwin's Law will come into effect.
    you made me do this
    Public sector pay rises capped at 1%-lolface.jpg

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    you made me do this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lolface.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	12339
    Glad to be of service.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Is it just me, or has the government played a blinding 'divide and rule' stroke?

All the proles are squabbling amongst themselves and the pressure's off the government. Public sector vs private sector. Even Clarkson's put his big foot in it.

I've said it before, but the MPs in the government work in the public sector.
    Second time I've read 'Divide And Rule' in this thread.

I already tried to explain about the 'Divide And Rule' concept in another thread, and I was told, basically, to grow-up, get real, the only divisions were in my head etc.

Seems to me like you're all slowly beginning to wake up.

This whole thread is 'Divide And Rule' in action.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast