+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 169
General Chat Thread, Jimmy Carr - Offensive jokes in General; If you find those jokes offensive, certainly do not look up Doug Stanhope or "Doug Stanhope Sarah Palin" on Youtube. ...
  1. #91
    mwbutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    235
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    If you find those jokes offensive, certainly do not look up Doug Stanhope or "Doug Stanhope Sarah Palin" on Youtube. This is tame compared to that

    -Edit-

    Haha oh wow seems I upset someone *looks at my negative rep*
    Grow a back bone. I'll laugh at what I want no matter how distasteful it may be.
    Last edited by witch; 25th November 2011 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #92
    mthomas08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,615
    Thank Post
    135
    Thanked 165 Times in 146 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    /summon "Bigger Troll"

    Also, Jimmy Carr furore.

    This time about people maimed in wars.

    People seem to be forgetting, this is what he does. It's pretty well established he's a dark comic.

    If you don't like black comedy... Don't watch it.
    Exactly - I do watch his show when I get the chance and find it hilarious.

  3. #93


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,411
    Thank Post
    184
    Thanked 356 Times in 285 Posts
    Rep Power
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    If you find those jokes offensive, certainly do not look up Doug Stanhope or "Doug Stanhope Sarah Palin" on Youtube. This is tame compared to that

    -Edit-

    Haha oh wow seems I upset someone *looks at my negative rep* *cough*

    Grow a back bone. I'll laugh at what I want no matter how distasteful it may be.
    Nope, was in my car driving to work when you posted.
    Last edited by witch; 25th November 2011 at 09:17 AM.

  4. #94

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,684
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    Haha oh wow seems I upset someone *looks at my negative rep*
    Making random accusations against a single person who has been discussing things quite civilly about this topic on a forum with 41k members is a bit, let's just say, lacking in intelligence... Kinda proves j17sparky's and my point!

    *takes troll hat off*
    Last edited by witch; 25th November 2011 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #95

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,094
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Exactly - I do watch his show when I get the chance and find it hilarious.
    It's on tonight.

    I'm starting to think this is all a publicity stunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    *takes troll hat off*
    What does a troll hat look like? In my mind it looks like a shoe, just so it starts an arguement when you say it's a hat.

  6. #96
    bandgeekmafia78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Salford
    Posts
    382
    Thank Post
    88
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Jim Jefferies is the epitome of offensive jokes. If your into crude/offensive stuff check out his 'Alcoholacaust' DVD.

  7. #97

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,094
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by bandgeekmafia78 View Post
    Jim Jefferies is the epitome of offensive jokes.
    4chan would like a word.

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    634
    Thank Post
    273
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    I may find it funny because I am able to use my intelligence to separate fact from fiction and allow the ridiculous situation described make me laugh. I certainly find other offensive jokes funny for exactly the reason stated; jokes that other people may consider equally or even more offensive.
    This is a good point, if not one of the main points. Separating fact from fiction. The events in the jokes told are not anecdotal, they are pure fiction.

    I for one love a bit of Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle, but consider myself a sympathetic, rounded human being.

  9. #99

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,094
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Thread: Jimmy Carr - Offensive...
    "If you don't like black comedy... Don't watch it." - that's like saying if you don't like rasicm/homophopia etc just ignore it - doesn't make it right.
    FFS. People need to grow a pair.

    Also, Racism/Homophobia stem from hatred of certain groups of people. Racist and Homphobic comments are made with the desire to hurt someone.

    This is a joke. Designed to be shocking, but not aimed at hurting anyone.


    Side note: Who decides what's racist? Are Black comedians racist because of their jokes. [Black as in Back, not Black as in dark/black humour]

    And if not, why not? They make the same stereotypical comments.


    Side note the 2nd: Are "3 men walk into a bar" jokes sexist?
    Last edited by X-13; 25th November 2011 at 09:21 AM.

  10. #100

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,278
    Thank Post
    1,376
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Rather not "grow a pair" if you don't mind.

    Are you seriously saying that as long as someone doesn't say something deliberately to hurt someone, it doesn't matter if they do? What about the pandering to the racist/homophobic etc instincts of the people you are speaking to?

    I don't think that making stereotypical comments makes you racist, whatever colour you are. It just makes you ignorant.
    (*runs away*)

  11. #101
    mwbutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    235
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Making random accusations against a single person who has been discussing things quite civilly about this topic on a forum with 41k members is a bit, let's just say, lacking in intelligence... Kinda proves j17sparky's and my point!

    *takes troll hat off*
    You don't know what was said in the rep comment so please don't stick your nose in something that has nothing to do with you.

  12. #102
    mwbutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    235
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Nope, was in my car driving to work when you posted.
    Apologies for the random accusation then.

  13. #103

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,094
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Rather not "grow a pair" if you don't mind.

    Are you seriously saying that as long as someone doesn't say something deliberately to hurt someone, it doesn't matter if they do? What about the pandering to the racist/homophobic etc instincts of the people you are speaking to?

    I don't think that making stereotypical comments makes you racist, whatever colour you are. It just makes you ignorant.
    (*runs away*)
    ~Blocks escape path~

    You can grow a pair. A pair of what, however, remains to be seen. You can also grow a pear.

    This is one of those "thin ice" things. It can go either way depending on how you decide to view it.

    I know Jimmy Carr makes these jokes, I know what to expect. If I thought I was going to be offended by the jokes he tells, I wouldn't watch. [Which was what I was trying to say... I suck at explaining.]

    Also, stopping something because it panders to a minority of -phobes would end up with everything being banned.
    Last edited by X-13; 25th November 2011 at 09:31 AM.

  14. #104
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,480
    Thank Post
    351
    Thanked 261 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    99
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9HRLvfbauA

    This should just about cover it

  15. 4 Thanks to mrbios:

    j17sparky (25th November 2011), krisd32 (25th November 2011), LiamH (25th November 2011), Rydra (25th November 2011)

  16. #105

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I could have done, but I found your post offensive and took exception to it.
    What exactly about my post did you find offensive? the fact i quoted a joke made by a comedian to illustrate my point? can i assume you find children in need and comic relief offensive too as they show scenes people wouldn't like to see, the same goes for the news reporting on things like war.
    just because someone brings something to your attention, it doesn't instantly make the fact it was brought to your attention offensive. if i had posted "heres a good joke about down syndrome haha", that could be seen as offensive, but how is me saying "this is what he said, this was his counter argument, do you agree" offensive?

    And if you post things I consider stupid, then I will assume things about you. (As people do about me )
    again, you are the one actually being offensive here. i asked a question, do you think that audiences regulate comedy in light of thhe recent jimmy carr story? you jumped in with me being a troll and being offensive and now follow it up with me being stupid and assuming things about me.

    Now you can be offended by my remarks or you could learn from the experience
    and once again, you are now coming across as very patronising in that. i can learn from the experience? learn what? know my place and don't start topics on things i'd like to talk about and see talked about? would you have been happier if i'd have put a NSFW tag at the top?

    if the news site reports had said "jimmy carr is in trouble for his comment [buy the dvd to see the comment] again" it wouldn't really illustrate their point would it?
    i quoted him, the same as you are quoting me and everyone else here quoting each other. i didnt post this as a joke, its not in the jokes forum; it was a discussion, a debate, and judging by 7 pages worth of content it has at least invoked some discussion around it.

  17. Thanks to MK-2 from:

    Hightower (25th November 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Jimmy Carr meets the GoCompare Man...
    By tech_guy in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th April 2010, 10:36 AM
  2. [Joke] Jokes by the bagful
    By Hightower in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th June 2008, 10:00 AM
  3. [Joke] Quick joke - Highland Burn
    By Ryan in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th May 2008, 02:56 PM
  4. [Joke] Friday Joke!
    By Elky in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th April 2008, 03:08 PM
  5. [Joke] Friday Joke
    By Paul_L in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th April 2008, 09:00 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •