+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Jimmy Carr - Offensive jokes in General; Knock knock Who's there? Daisy Daisy who? Daisy me rollin', they hatin' Let's end today on a high note! You ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Knock knock

Who's there?

Daisy

Daisy who?

Daisy me rollin', they hatin'

Let's end today on a high note! You can tell that one without fear of reprisal.....courtesy of your local MK-2 joke factory

2. 4 Thanks to MK-2:

Butters (24th November 2011), captaincharisma (24th November 2011), JoeBloggs (24th November 2011), LosOjos (24th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Which is exactly the point of the quote...
    lmao Are you so annoyed at me you can't even accept me agreeing with you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    lmao Are you so annoyed at me you can't even accept me agreeing with you
    If you're going to claim that people must not be intelligent for finding certain jokes funny, then you better not make any silly comments yourself. The point of the quote is that I don't have to agree with you to believe you have a right to an opinion. To say you agree "but [you are] entitled to your opinion" is contradictory. Sorry, but you opened yourself up to such pedantry when you started with the insults

EDIT: just to add, I'm not annoyed with you, we're having a debate, it's healthy!
    Last edited by LosOjos; 24th November 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Thank Post
    valium hobnobs are in order

Thank Post
    If you're going to claim that people must not be intelligent for finding certain jokes funny, then you better not make any silly comments yourself. The point of the quote is that I don't have to agree with you to believe you have a right to an opinion. To say you agree "but [you are] entitled to your opinion" is contradictory. Sorry, but you opened yourself up to such pedantry when you started with the insults

EDIT: just to add, I'm not annoyed with you, we're having a debate, it's healthy!
    I have had quite a lot of insults thrown at me, but at no point have I insulted anyone in this thread.

TBF I thought your comment was directed at people being allowed to make jokes, and as you didn't state otherwise isn't it a bit unfair to lower the conversation to calling people silly.

Edit //Sorry I did throw one insult, but it wasn't exactly the world most offensive insult "Are you actually a Daily Mail editor?" - pretty much point proven there tbh as playing the tabloid card is pretty much the least intelligent reply going."
    Last edited by j17sparky; 24th November 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have had quite a lot of insults thrown at me, but at no point have I insulted anyone in this thread.

TBF I thought your comment was directed at people being allowed to make jokes, and as you didn't state otherwise isn't it a bit unfair to lower the conversation to calling people silly.

Edit //Sorry I did throw one insult, but it wasn't exactly the world most offensive insult "Are you actually a Daily Mail editor?" - pretty much point proven there tbh as playing the tabloid card is pretty much the least intelligent reply going."
    I apologise, but once again I must draw you to your previous comment...

I simply said people who find that sort of thing funny must not be intelligent.
    I find that highly insulting, and will continue to do so, unless you retract that statement.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    I apologise, but once again I must draw you to your previous comment...

I find that highly insulting, and will continue to do so, unless you retract that statement.
    Oh come off it, how can I retract that statement, even if it did it wouldn't change my beliefs.

Besides you choosing to read my post and you choosing to find it insulting is your own choice. If you don't like it....

Thank Post
    @j17sparky - as yet not one of your responses has contained any real counter-argument, just argument for argument's sake.

Thank Post
    Yes you have, me. How can you question my intelligence when you know absolutely nothing about me?

11. Thanks to HarryMonkey from:

LosOjos (24th November 2011)

Thank Post
    If you're going to claim that people must not be intelligent for finding certain jokes funny, then you better not make any silly comments yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    Yes you have, me. How can you question my intelligence when you know absolutely nothing about me?
    Spot on @stevenewman and the point I was trying to make with the above comment - you had better be a shining example of human intelligence if you're going to label a large proportion of society idiots; frankly @j17sparky you're not coming across as a beacon of intelligence. Now wasn't it nicer when I just said you had made a silly comment?

Thank Post
    Explain to me why babies giving blowjobs is funny? I'm sorry but no intelligent or civilised person could find that anything but offensive.
    Do you like fishsticks?

14. Thanks to Theblacksheep from:

LosOjos (24th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post

I'm not siding with what he said but the part about the audience is correct though. If he made that joke and not one single person laughed, he'd drop that joke. So to criticise him for saying it should be evened out by criticising the thousands who have seen him and laughed at it.
    I have to totally agree with you, so many jokes can be very offensive but in my opinion - grow a back a bone. If you do not like this type of comedy then do not watch him, I loved Mock of the Week till both Russel and Frankie left, Howards show is brilliant - still takes the mick out of some people (Frankly so what). So many jokes can be taken the wrong way, even the likes of Lee Evans have said their fair share in their times but no one cared.

All this reminds me of the fuss that Frankie Boyle got over his jokes, strangely enough no one cared at the time till it was all repeated and more people started watching. When nobody knew who Frankie was no one cared, once he became popular everyone started kicking up a fuss. Frankly - too many cry babies in this country.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Frankly - too many cry babies in this country.
    [MONTY_PYTHON_VOICE]I wanna know what your problem is with babies?[/MONTY_PYTHON_VOICE]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh come off it, how can I retract that statement, even if it did it wouldn't change my beliefs.

Besides you choosing to read my post and you choosing to find it insulting is your own choice. If you don't like it....
    2 pieces of, quite breath-takingly insulting work there, j17!

So, you admit that you think that people who laugh at comedy, that you don't find personally funny, are less intelligent (than you?) and secondly, you take something completely out of context, to twist it to your own argument.

This is a forum, where people discuss things. I have to read YOUR posts to successfully argue against your points. Therefore, your assertion that I don't have to read your posts is wrong! I am enjoying pulling your posts apart, as it shows a certain level of intelligence that, I believe, you can only aspire to.

I find your posts to be deeply patronising and very insulting.

I'm now off for a long weekend, with my lovely girlfriend, where I've no doubt, we shall watch her Jimmy Carr dvd, just to spite you!

Thank Post
    Spot on @stevenewman and the point I was trying to make with the above comment - you had better be a shining example of human intelligence if you're going to label a large proportion of society idiots; frankly @j17sparky you're not coming across as a beacon of intelligence. Now wasn't it nicer when I just said you had made a silly comment?
    What's with the childish behaviour? You are telling me I'm not coming across as intelligent, I have put forward no arguments for my case, and I am arguing for augments sake yet your last several posts have been nothing but insults. Lowering the conversation yourself, then blaming me for it and then giving each other pats on the back through the thankyou button...

As I said from the start, "people" are lacking in intelligence now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast