+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Jimmy Carr - Offensive jokes in General; Originally Posted by j17sparky Explain to me why babies giving blowjobs is funny? I'm sorry but no intelligent or civilised ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Explain to me why babies giving blowjobs is funny? I'm sorry but no intelligent or civilised person could find that anything but offensive.
    Yawn. You have a right to your own opinion but please don't tell me what I am and am not allowed to find funny.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Explain to me why babies giving blowjobs is funny? I'm sorry but no intelligent or civilised person could find that anything but offensive.
    The point is, to some people, it is exactly because it's so offensive that they laugh - it's that uncomfortable, "oh my god I can't believe he just said that" reaction, not the joke itself

Thank Post
    Of course it does, it hasn't got everything to do with it but to say it has nothing to do with it is just plain wrong. Why else would a kids joke only be funny to a kid, or why do only simple people watch Jeremy Kyle?
    My finance's mother is a highly cultured middle aged lady with a Masters degree in English and yet once you get started on the toilet jokes, you can't stop her from laughing uncontrollably!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pshuttle View Post
    My finance's mother is a highly cultured middle aged lady with a Masters degree in English and yet once you get started on the toilet jokes, you can't stop her from laughing uncontrollably!
    but to be fair, poop jokes transcend all levels of intelligence.
    i fully expect an alien lifeforms first words on earth to be "pull my finger"

5. 2 Thanks to MK-2:

ButterflyMoon (25th November 2011), Rawns (25th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    but to be fair, poop jokes transcend all levels of intelligence.
    i fully expect an alien lifeforms first words on earth to be "pull my finger"
    Yeah, right, like the Supreme Leader of Omicron Persei VIII would do that

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Yeah, right, like the Supreme Leader of Omicron Persei VIII would do that
    Well no, he would say "pull my lower horn"

8. Thanks to MK-2 from:

mattx (24th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, I think there is a lot of sanctimonious rubbish being spouted.

Jimmy Carr is one of the top comedians in this country because he can make a room full of people laugh. Whether you find the joke funny or not is completely down to your own sense of humour. Please do not try to foist your opinions about what is or isn't funny onto the masses.

I've always liked Jimmy carr, as I also like Lee Evans, Peter Kay, Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard.......ah...now there is a comedian....

Eddie Izzard....Known for doing his act in drag.....When he first came on TV, it was suggested that a man should not wear heels, make-up and a dress, by the same PC brigade who would tell you which comedians are or aren't funny. And yet, Eddie also does his act in French, and is a great success when he performs in France.

Comedy is subjective....that is all you need to know.

As others have said.... Don't like it? Don't watch it.

If you know you're going to be offended by Jimmy Carr, why buy tickets (or DVD) in the first place???

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Well no, he would say "pull my lower horn"

If there's going to be ANY pulling on "my lower horn", then i think that should be behind the red door!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    If there's going to be ANY pulling on "my lower horn", then i think that should be behind the red door!!!

That's what she said....WOOOOOOOO

12. Thanks to MK-2 from:

Rawns (25th November 2011)

Thank Post
    The joke was (someone feel free to edit it out if they feel it's not appropriate to read here):
    Did you do this in order to cause further possible offense?

If there is a hoo-ha about something, its not the cleverest thing to reprint it

A simple ref would suffice and those people interested in such things (I personally don't like "offensive" jokes about people with disabilities) could see what you were blabbering on about.

But full troll marks!

Si

PS The audience in the colliseum/football "supporters" and people watching IAC also like their entertainment as well.

Thank Post
    Never seen Jimmy Carr, but it sounds like I wouldn't find him funny anyway.

Eddie Izzard I find hilarious, Billy Connolley and Denis Leary too, but none of the current crop of so-called 'Comedians'.

In context, I recently downloaded an old live performance by Victor Borg. I can't remember the year it was made right now, but it was back in the 90's. No smut, no innuendo, no racism, no cheap shots at challenged minorities.......just really funny wit, human observation and performance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pshuttle View Post
    Yawn. You have a right to your own opinion but please don't tell me what I am and am not allowed to find funny.
    Didn't say anything about what you are allowed to find funny, I simply said people who find that sort of thing funny must not be intelligent. Where does it end? When does it stop being funny and become sick? What if I found it funny that someone raped your mum...

Now the interesting thing will be if my post gets edited, deleted, I get neg rep, etc, as "everyone has the right to say whatever they please regardless of how sick it is and who it may offend", or at least that's what people are saying in this thread.

16. Thanks to j17sparky from:

ButterflyMoon (25th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Frankie Boyle anyone?

I recieved his latest DVD from parents of two disabled children last xmas who are also fans.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Did you do this in order to cause further possible offense?

If there is a hoo-ha about something, its not the cleverest thing to reprint it

A simple ref would suffice and those people interested in such things (I personally don't like "offensive" jokes about people with disabilities) could see what you were blabbering on about.

But full troll marks!

Si

PS The audience in the colliseum/football "supporters" and people watching IAC also like their entertainment as well.
    No I didn't but thanks for jumping to conclusions. The joke is fully posted on a couple of news websites where this has been printed, and I put that comment there in case the mods saw fit for it to be removed for some reason.
    This thread was based around peoples ideas of offensive jokes and their viewpoints, so perhaps I could have just had a whole thread of "heres a link, discuss" but I didn't.

You don't like offensive jokes, great, that's OK, as has been stated that's your viewpoint. But to then say I am trolling and blabbering on about something could be seen as offensive to me, you could have quite easily said "I don't think you should have posted that joke" and left it at that.

Thank Post
    Didn't say anything about what you are allowed to find funny, I simply said people who find that sort of thing funny must not be intelligent. Where does it end? When does it stop being funny and become sick? What if I found it funny that someone raped your mum...

Now the interesting thing will be if my post gets edited, deleted, I get neg rep, etc, as "everyone has the right to say whatever they please regardless of how sick it is and who it may offend", or at least that's what people are saying in this thread.
    Are you actually a Daily Mail editor?

The difference between an offensive joke and being offensive, is offensive jokes are often said because the joker knows they're offensive, not because they genuinely believe them.

"people who find that sort of thing funny must not be intelligent" is just plain offensive.

20. 2 Thanks to LosOjos:

Butters (24th November 2011), captaincharisma (24th November 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast