+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, No racism in football? in General; Of course not Sepp, they were just throwing bottles and stuff at one player for the lulz weren't they. Eboue ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

No racism in football?

Of course not Sepp, they were just throwing bottles and stuff at one player for the lulz weren't they.
    Eboue must have been tired after that match, having to shake hands with 30,000 fans to show there was no racism.

Emmanuel Eboueye yabanci madde atilmasi.wmv - YouTube

I know it may not be entirely classed as racism, but let's face it, on that clip, the only black player being pelted with missiles while the other players just stand there and the officials seemingly do nothing at all

**edit** according to some reports:
    Eboue was hit by numerous objects thrown from the crowd & he was taunted with monkey chants from the Besiktas fans.
    Last edited by MK-2; 21st November 2011 at 08:51 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    what doesn't help is that Turkey is a massively intolerant of black people. I remember going there when my mum was going out with a Jamaican, and he got nothing but racist comments all week - also happened to a few of my friends when we went for 2 weeks on a boys holiday. I hope sincerely that Turkey doesn't get let into the EU until their racism problem is sorted (in terms of sport as well as in terms of people holidaying). I felt so bad for my mates when we went on holiday and they were getting harsh comments.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    what doesn't help is that Turkey is a massively intolerant of black people. I remember going there when my mum was going out with a Jamaican, and he got nothing but racist comments all week - also happened to a few of my friends when we went for 2 weeks on a boys holiday. I hope sincerely that Turkey doesn't get let into the EU until their racism problem is sorted (in terms of sport as well as in terms of people holidaying). I felt so bad for my mates when we went on holiday and they were getting harsh comments.
    I don't doubt it, but things like this will only add fuel to the argument against ole Bladder saying there is no such thing as racism.

Thank Post
    The FA also seem to think theres no such thing as racism when it comes to the England captain.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    The FA also seem to think theres no such thing as racism when it comes to the England captain.
    Rio Ferdinand has been England Captain so technically they are correct.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OOooooo...Don't get the resident QPR fan (Me!) started on that one!

If you can find the video on youtube, it's well worth watching. How he kept the armband, whilst being under investigation by the Met Police and FA is beyond me.

If I used those words, at work, and it had been filmed, I would expect a fairly swift suspension, followed by the sack.

Obviously, Terry is innocent until proven guilty.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Rio Ferdinand has been England Captain so technically they are correct.
    Neph, Rio is NOT the England Captain.

When Terry had his "sh*gging his best mate's girlfriend" problem, he was stripped of the captaincy....But was swiftly given it back after a year. When he plays, he's captain. As can be seen from the Sweden friendly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Granted Ferdinand is NOT the captain, but he was, and this was amidst the Terry scandal, however what most people seem to forget is that Ferdinand at the same point in time was undergoing a scandal of his own for missing a drugs test (again), only this time he was given a chance to give another sample in order to keep his armband whilst terry was stripped of the title.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    OOooooo...Don't get the resident QPR fan (Me!) started on that one!

If you can find the video on youtube, it's well worth watching. How he kept the armband, whilst being under investigation by the Met Police and FA is beyond me.

If I used those words, at work, and it had been filmed, I would expect a fairly swift suspension, followed by the sack.

Obviously, Terry is innocent until proven guilty.....
    Its quite clear what hes saying from that video. Still, it took about a month to charge Suarez, which means the Terry incident should come out very, very shortly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Its quite clear what hes saying from that video. Still, it took about a month to charge Suarez, which means the Terry incident should come out very, very shortly.
    The FA won't charge Terry until the Met have done their job.

My guess is that Terry will try to convince that he wasn't actually saying that, but was saying that he hadn't said it....if that makes sense! Let's not forget that he has previous when it comes to objectionable behaviour...............

2001 Terry and two other Chelsea players fined by club after their antics infuriated American travellers watching the outcome of 9/11 at Heathrow.

2002 Terry cleared of attacking a nightclub doorman with a bottle. The jury clear Terry of affray, having an offensive weapon, wounding with intent and unlawful wounding.

2002 Terry spotted on CCTV in a Romford nightclub apparently urinating in a beer glass.

2004 Terry, Wayne Bridge and Scott Parker are alleged to be gambling 40,000 a week between them on the horses.

2008 Terry is fined 60 after parking his Bentley in a disabled car parking bay rather than pay 50p-an-hour to park in a public car park.

2008 Terry’s father, Ted, caught on camera apparently selling cocaine in an Essex bar.

2008 Terry’s mother and mother-in-law are cautioned by police after being accused of shoplifting from Tesco.

2009 Terry accused of taking 10,000 from undercover reporters in return for private tour of Chelsea’s training ground.

It would seem from that that the whole family is cut from the same cloth?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Of course not Sepp, they were just throwing bottles and stuff at one player for the lulz weren't they.
    Eboue must have been tired after that match, having to shake hands with 30,000 fans to show there was no racism.

Emmanuel Eboueye yabanci madde atilmasi.wmv - YouTube

I know it may not be entirely classed as racism, but let's face it, on that clip, the only black player being pelted with missiles while the other players just stand there and the officials seemingly do nothing at all

**edit** according to some reports:
    Eboue was hit by numerous objects thrown from the crowd & he was taunted with monkey chants from the Besiktas fans.
    Racism is still a big sad part of the world, to deny it is just being ignorant. Other half's brother lives in Spain and he tells me a good few stories about how bad it is over there, I brought up the conversation because of F1 when some one painted their face black.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread