+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Nintendo Wii @ Game in General; Originally Posted by enjay That's buying, and I will admit, I don't often buy from them (although DVD boxsets are ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    That's buying, and I will admit, I don't often buy from them (although DVD boxsets are reasonably priced, I find). Gareth was asking about selling. No reason the company you buy second-hand stuff from should be the same one you sell it to.
    True, but the good sell price impacts the people buying from them.

Yeah, you made more money that you would have. But it means they to charge new copy prices for second hand things, which they can't do for long. Why would any sane person spend more on something second hand than it would cost them new?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    But it means they to charge new copy prices for second hand things, which they can't do for long. Why would any sane person spend more on something second hand than it would cost them new?
    Indeed, that obviously isn't sustainable. It could be that the price was higher when they set theirs, and then came down. Generally, for DVDs, I I find they sell for about 2/3 new price.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    It's all gone for 230.

Gareth
    Nice one, sounds like you got a good deal. Prices for Wii's have plummeted, it's not even worth me trying to sell mine anymore, especially as I don't have any big accessories

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Modern Warfare 3 is 42 second hand in CEX.

It's only 40 new in Game.

Rip. Off.
    They will be aware of this, people who complete the game and dont want it anymore will trade it in for another newish game, cex will then bulk its stock up, they will offer a good trade-in or cash value but can still sell the game for under 40 with a decent profit margin. The profits on new games suck and game and gamestation are really trying to move alot to preowned for their cash flow. Give it a few months cex will have huge bulk of MW3 and sell them off cheaper in large quantity, they will also distribute them between stores equally.

When the Wii Fit came out and I worked at cex we sold them for 30 more then they were new! Our trade in was also better then anywhere on other items so people would buy it and be better off then a trade in at GAME. They offered the RRP for a trade-in on them too so people who had brought them before christmas would trade them in before being opened, we had one seller who traded one in for cash then came back an hour later with 5 of them who walked past WHS as they put a sign up saying more in stock, they traded the lot in for 100 each and we sold them all in about 3hours for 130.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Nice one, sounds like you got a good deal. Prices for Wii's have plummeted, it's not even worth me trying to sell mine anymore, especially as I don't have any big accessories
    I think the prices have gone up abit again for christmas and the launch of a new zelda game, it wont last for long as the WII U has already been announced. CeX are selling Wii's for 55 anyway at the moment!
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 22nd November 2011 at 10:56 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12