+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
General Chat Thread, How many biscuits can you have...... in General; Originally Posted by creese And if I were in Leeds, I'd let you have a slice. :-) EDIT: Wheat free ...
  1. #31

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    And if I were in Leeds, I'd let you have a slice. :-)

    EDIT: Wheat free base with a hint of ginger.
    Blast! Looked at the wrong location!!!

    In that case, if you can save some for 12 days time, then I'll be in "a better place"!!!

    7 working days left til my move......

  2. #32

    creese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    -28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Posts
    3,259
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 375 Times in 304 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Blast! Looked at the wrong location!!!

    In that case, if you can save some for 12 days time, then I'll be in "a better place"!!!

    7 working days left til my move......
    I've had my 3rd serving.... must stop now...

    'A better place' refers to recovery from a long spell of Sarcoidosis and associated drugs.

  3. #33

    teejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,259
    Thank Post
    289
    Thanked 796 Times in 605 Posts
    Rep Power
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Where do you get your info, witch??


    McVities HobNob Biscuits Calories and Nutrition per Serving (1 Serving=1 Biscuit/14g)

    Calories 67
    Protein 1.1
    Carbohydrate 8.7
    Fat 3
    Fibre 0.8
    Alcohol 0

    There are 92 calories in Milk Chocolate Hobnobs

    Read more: Calories in McVites Milk Chocolate Hobnobs - Nutrition Facts & Other Nutritional Information | LIVESTRONG.COM


    Is what I came up with, so 6 would be around 400 cals.......

    Carry on with the hobnob eating chap/chapesses!!

    (Not that I'm calling you out, or anything, witch!!!)
    So you can't get drunk on Hobnobs then....

  4. #34

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,492
    Thank Post
    1,524
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Rep Power
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    So you can't get drunk on Hobnobs then....
    No, but you can get a 'hobnob high' where you are found slumped in a corner, glassy-eyed and giggling, surrounded by crumbs..

  5. #35

    teejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,259
    Thank Post
    289
    Thanked 796 Times in 605 Posts
    Rep Power
    348
    @witch LOL

    Get's even more serious when you're a HobNob addict and the standard high isn't enough, so you start scraping the crumbs into a line and rolling up a £10 note..

  6. #36

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,181
    Thank Post
    1,922
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Rep Power
    840
    Support group for 'geeks
    Biscuit Loving Techs | edugeek

  7. #37
    soapyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    180
    Thank Post
    51
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14
    I think you can have as many as you like without ever taking the last 1

  8. #38

    CESIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,405
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 267 Times in 198 Posts
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    No, but you can get a 'hobnob high' where you are found slumped in a corner, glassy-eyed and giggling, surrounded by crumbs..
    Damn...I thought nobody spotted me...

  9. #39

    SYSMAN_MK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,010
    Thank Post
    490
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Rep Power
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    6 hobnobs is about 1500 calories. Daily recommended intake for a man is approx 2500 calories.....doesn't leave a lot, does it!
    Another 4

  10. #40

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,428
    Thank Post
    700
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,061 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    6 hobnobs is about 1500 calories. Daily recommended intake for a man is approx 2500 calories.....doesn't leave a lot, does it!
    Hang on, a Big Mac 'only' has 490 calories. Are you saying I could have had 3 Big Macs and still have been better off?!!

    Source: How many calories are in the BIG MAC
    *And I'm taking MacDonalds answer here. Because it's the lower amount.

  11. #41


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Rep Power
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    <cut>

    Get's even more serious when you're a HobNob addict and the standard high isn't enough, so you start scraping the crumbs into a line and rolling up a £10 note..

    What's a '£10 note'?
    Last edited by witch; 17th November 2011 at 10:59 PM.

  12. #42

    featured_spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,491
    Thank Post
    1,684
    Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    462
    1 hobnob biscuit weights 14g according to my digital scales (well 14.23g but I rounded down)
    100g of hobnobs contain 467 calories
    7 hobnobs = just a shade under 100g

    As such 7 hobnobs = 467 calories. The average pack contains 20 hobnobs
    As such 1 pack of hobnobs = 1331 calories.

    You could eat 2 big mac's and be better off rather than eating a whole pack of hobnobs

    Also think of the fact that 1 big mac contain far more protein than a whole pack of hobnobs so in actual fact they are better for you than hobnobs!

  13. #43

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    1 hobnob biscuit weights 14g according to my digital scales (well 14.23g but I rounded down)
    100g of hobnobs contain 467 calories
    7 hobnobs = just a shade under 100g

    As such 7 hobnobs = 467 calories. The average pack contains 20 hobnobs
    As such 1 pack of hobnobs = 1331 calories.

    You could eat 2 big mac's and be better off rather than eating a whole pack of hobnobs

    Also think of the fact that 1 big mac contain far more protein than a whole pack of hobnobs so in actual fact they are better for you than hobnobs!
    And i could eat those 2 Big Macs right NOW!!!!

  14. #44

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sittingbourne
    Posts
    257
    Thank Post
    117
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    27
    was just given a piece of homemade banana cake by a TA--- i do like where this office is!

  15. #45
    Pyroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,283
    Thank Post
    464
    Thanked 155 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    And i could eat those 2 Big Macs right NOW!!!!
    Well that's my dinner sorted for tonight! OH is working till 8



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How many Partitions do you have??
    By actech in forum Windows
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 28th August 2011, 09:00 PM
  2. [Video] How many people can you fit into a speeding van?
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st June 2010, 11:49 AM
  3. How many times can you sysprep a machine?
    By somabc in forum Windows
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 4th December 2008, 08:21 PM
  4. How many techies should we have for our site?
    By tosca925 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 27th September 2007, 12:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •