+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, I'm leaving in General; Originally Posted by webman Not sure what the arrangements are yet, as work were going to pay for transport or ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Not sure what the arrangements are yet, as work were going to pay for transport or accommodation for the 3 of us (and we'd pay the rest ourselves), but I guess they'll only be paying for 2 now I'll get there somehow!
    On your new super sized industry salary that everyone talks about in the real world you'll be able to afford to take a limo down

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    @webman:

Craig, ever since I met you as a student I saw what Sir Alex Ferguson must have seen in the young players he came into contact with.

You were a scrawny bespectacled pimply youth (No change there then hehe!) who had raw talent for creating websites and some rather cute ways of finding backdoors (Ooerr! missus!) in the then ancient CC2.4 system that the school had at that time.

I realised then that you were something different from the crowd and decided then that I would ask you if IT was something you wanted to get into and if you wanted to be a part of the IT support at the school even though you were still a student, I didn't have to ask twice your answer................Yes! Please!

I had to fight the SLT and my line management right from the start to agree to take you on, even after you gave up the whole of your 6 weeks holidays to help me build our first ITsuite on a brand new CC3 network.

One of the comments made to me by one of the senior members of the teaching staff (Not mentioning any names but you only managed a grade C in this teachers subject) was that I shouldn't think about taking you on after you finished school as you would be................too familiar with the teaching staff, well you could have knocked me down with a feather (What a Middle class comment from a total incompetent).

As most people on here that know me that was like a red rag to a bull and I made my stand there and told them that they now required another technician as the network had grown too large for one person. I got my way on that one and then someone mentioned about me giving you a lift to and from work although I had your mothers consent. They decided that it was inappropriate for me to be giving a student a ride home, but your mother intervened and it was another winner.

And so the die was cast, it was a case of Pinky and the Brain every day asking the question? "What we gonna do today" and the answer was always the same "The same thing we do everyday! Take over the world"

Well my young padawan you are now a master of your own destiny, you fear nothing and no-one and that's how it should be.

You have learnt well my young master Rodway and may the force be with you always wherever you may be!

You will always remain a part of Bishop Barrington School and I am going to miss you very much but you have to go out into that big world yonder and make your presence felt and remember my retirement home in New Zealand hehe!

Well done my lad I am so proud!!!

3. 13 Thanks to bossman:

adhutton (15th November 2011), alan-d (15th November 2011), ButterflyMoon (15th November 2011), Devontechie (15th November 2011), elsiegee40 (15th November 2011), GrumbleDook (14th November 2011), Hightower (15th November 2011), joe90bass (15th November 2011), JoeBloggs (15th November 2011), john (16th November 2011), nephilim (14th November 2011), Tech1 (15th November 2011), webman (15th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Craig!.... Well Done mate! it is about time and I wish you all the best for the future.

James.

5. Thanks to EduTech from:

bossman (15th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done, i hope you enjoy it. I am now out of education and its far better!

7. Thanks to FN-GM from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @webman:

Craig, ever since I met you as a student I saw what Sir Alex Ferguson must have seen in the young players he came into contact with.

You were a scrawny bespectacled pimply youth (No change there then hehe!) who had raw talent for creating websites and some rather cute ways of finding backdoors (Ooerr! missus!) in the then ancient CC2.4 system that the school had at that time.

I realised then that you were something different from the crowd and decided then that I would ask you if IT was something you wanted to get into and if you wanted to be a part of the IT support at the school even though you were still a student, I didn't have to ask twice your answer................Yes! Please!

I had to fight the SLT and my line management right from the start to agree to take you on, even after you gave up the whole of your 6 weeks holidays to help me build our first ITsuite on a brand new CC3 network.

One of the comments made to me by one of the senior members of the teaching staff (Not mentioning any names but you only managed a grade C in this teachers subject) was that I shouldn't think about taking you on after you finished school as you would be................too familiar with the teaching staff, well you could have knocked me down with a feather (What a Middle class comment from a total incompetent).

As most people on here that know me that was like a red rag to a bull and I made my stand there and told them that they now required another technician as the network had grown too large for one person. I got my way on that one and then someone mentioned about me giving you a lift to and from work although I had your mothers consent. They decided that it was inappropriate for me to be giving a student a ride home, but your mother intervened and it was another winner.

And so the die was cast, it was a case of Pinky and the Brain every day asking the question? "What we gonna do today" and the answer was always the same "The same thing we do everyday! Take over the world"

Well my young padawan you are now a master of your own destiny, you fear nothing and no-one and that's how it should be.

You have learnt well my young master Rodway and may the force be with you always wherever you may be!

You will always remain a part of Bishop Barrington School and I am going to miss you very much but you have to go out into that big world yonder and make your presence felt and remember my retirement home in New Zealand hehe!

Well done my lad I am so proud!!!
    * Passes @bossman the tissues Sniff! *

Joking aside, that is a truly remarkable testimonial, but then IT support at Bishop Barrington has always come across as an out-of-the ordinary team. They cannot know how lucky they are to have any of you.

It's the end of an era for an extraordinary team and Craig's successor has some very big boots to fill. I'm sure bossman will choose wisely and wish all of you all the best
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 15th November 2011 at 08:56 AM.

9. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

Thank Post
    Congratulations and Well Done Webman.

Go forth onto the world and preach things Edugeek :-)

11. Thanks to alan-d from:

Thank Post
    Well done @webman, I'm sure you'll be a massive loss to the school, and I fear that @bossman might have a wee break down. Congratulations on finding a role in the area you want to focus on, and I sincerely wish you all the best.

Now if you'll excuse my while I go change our telephone number, just in case @bossman needs a shoulder to cry on.....

13. 2 Thanks to Hightower:

bossman (15th November 2011), JoeBloggs (15th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Well done @webman, I'm sure you'll be a massive loss to the school
    He will be

and I fear that @bossman might have a wee break down.
    Not quite, more like a stroke at my age hehe! but thanks for the concern young man

Congratulations on finding a role in the area you want to focus on, and I sincerely wish you all the best.
    Thats mighty kind of you my friend but nothing more than I would expect from such a kind person as yourself

Now if you'll excuse my while I go change our telephone number, just in case @bossman needs a shoulder to cry on.....
    It is no more than I would do for you under the circumstances and have done in the past my friend

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    Not quite, more like a stroke at my age hehe! but thanks for the concern young man
    pfft, just remember rule #1!

I'm leaving-sysman_mk-albums-graphic-work-picture9049-keep-calm-sample.png

I'm just sad I didn't get to poach Craig for my Web Applications team :-(

16. 2 Thanks to Domino:

bossman (15th November 2011), SYSMAN_MK (15th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Well done Webman get out there and most of all enjoy it all!!

Thank Post
    And it's more Good Wishes for your Future from me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123