A printer is broke - what steps would you take to try and fix it?
Map a Network Drive,
Open an Excel File,
Solve the error.
The error wasn't obvious at first as they didn't have auto-update on for the sums. So I added the numbers up again separately and it gave a different number to the original 'Total' cell. I recalced it and done
Needless to say - I didn't get that one.
The other one, where I'm at now was really basic. HDD power cable unplugged, No RAM, and the technician tried to fool us by putting the Clear CMOS over to the 'Clear' setting and leaving it there - which he thought would stop it booting - but it worked
Hope that waffle helped someone
Common questions for an IT techs job include:
- What is DHCP?
- What is DNS?
- How to add a network printer?
- How to add a PC to the domain?
- How do you see the full ip configuration details for all network adapters of the PC you are using?
- How to get a program or document to open up automatically when the computer is turned on?
- What is the difference between a router, switch and hub?
These are all ones I've had at least twice. All basic, but come up regularly. In a lot of cases, they just want to check you have some knowledge they can build on. They can teach you the more advanced stuff if you don't already know it.
Last edited by _Bat_; 16th February 2009 at 12:06 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)