CHR1S (7th November 2011)
Firefox 8 is scheduled to be officially released on Tuesday 8th November, but you can now download the final build directly from Mozilla's FTP servers.
Changelog (Full Changelog / Release Notes)
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved tab animations when moving, reordering, or detaching tabs
- Improved performance and memory handling when using
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
en-GB (13.9MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...etup%208.0.exe
en-US (14.1MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...etup%208.0.exe
Mac OS X
en-GB (29.2MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...efox%208.0.dmg
en-US (29.5MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...efox%208.0.dmg
en-GB (15.2MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...ox-8.0.tar.bz2
en-US (15.4MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...ox-8.0.tar.bz2
en-GB (16.9MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...ox-8.0.tar.bz2
en-US (17.1MB): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...ox-8.0.tar.bz2
CHR1S (7th November 2011)
oh dear lord...7 was not long released...what are they up to!
If you need an MSI one should be out here: Download Firefox MSI soon. They really do need a native MSI and an LTS version as I so can't be stuffed rolling out a new browser every week just so they can move the buttons about and claim they have fixed the memory usage.
Meh, I'm going to wait for Firefox 9. Which at this rate, I'm guessing is next week.
I downloaded FF8 from the link you gave, however it's the beta. Oh well, not long now until the final release
I'm going to be ditching FireFox this week. They seem to be losing it.
aaaarrrggghhhh again they are geting like adobe/sun with flash/shockwave/java soon everytime i boot a pc up all i will get is update notices
It looks and feels just like 7......
I believe a lot more virus's are targeting Firefox now days .
For the first time in years! i got a virus from a website yesterday with just browsing to the page .
My nod32 antivirus detected it but somehow it still mucked up everything !
They are now onto a ludicrous 6 week release schedule. I saw a chart somewhere saying the first LTS release would be 7 or 8, I can't remember. They either need LTS or silent auto-update like chrome.
Just skip the pointless OMG NEW VERSION and change your update channel to Nightly, I've been on version 10 for weeks now. And I must admit .... I can't see any difference in it from version 5, 6, 7, 8 beta, 9 alpha, and so on....
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)