+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, The Walking Dead Season 2 - grrrr's in General; Well technically the walking lost works as in lost they were all, at least from what i gathered from it....dead...
    Thank Post
    Well technically the walking lost works as in lost they were all, at least from what i gathered from it....dead

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Lost Walking.

I haven't seen any of S.2 yet. I have to wait for it to be on freeview...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Lost Walking.

I haven't seen any of S.2 yet. I have to wait for it to be on freeview...
    Bah you have the internet don't you?

*this post in no way suggests the illegal viewing of over seas television....even if it seems that way*

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Bah you have the internet don't you?

*this post in no way suggests the illegal viewing of over seas television....even if it seems that way*

I do have internet. But it's reserved for watching wildly inappropriate cartoons. [As in, I'm totally not the intended audience.]

Thank Post
    Did anyone see the finale of season 2 the other night? I have a tendency to fast forward past some of the earlier episodes as there is far too much talking and not enough zombie action... and I hate the english actors American accent.

The final bit with the girl and the swords and the armless zombies... WOW.... it was like from another show entirely, and the prison will be rather cool for the next season.

Stopping myself reading the comics to get get ahead.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Did anyone see the finale of season 2 the other night? I have a tendency to fast forward past some of the earlier episodes as there is far too much talking and not enough zombie action... and I hate the english actors American accent.

The final bit with the girl and the swords and the armless zombies... WOW.... it was like from another show entirely, and the prison will be rather cool for the next season.

Stopping myself reading the comics to get get ahead.
    Yup saw that, been loving it. Has been a bit slow in places but it's been alright for character development. Can't wait for the next series

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Well technically the walking lost works as in lost they were all, at least from what i gathered from it....dead
    That’s a common misconception and shows how bad the ending was. No one was dead for the most part. The end takes place years in the future when they all meat up in the afterlife/limbo area to move on together. So they are all dead at the end but the time spent on the Island was very much with them alive.

Lost has one of the worst endings ever with nothing explained.
    Last edited by Pottsey; 27th March 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Thank Post
    I fail to understand how rotting corpses can see, hear and smell - they are rotting. We already know that they are zombified by a brain infection. By nature the hearing functionalities of the host corpse are reliant on a) the ability of the brain to process sounds that are collected by the ear, b) the ability of the ear to collect sound. Since the corpses are rotting, it is reasonable to assume that the tiny bones of the inner ear and more crucially the ear drum are irrepairably compromised. Similarly, rotten or missing eyes cannot see and the brain cannot interpret what the glazed over or missing eyes are seeing anyway. So how can the zombies 'see'?

Since the original deaths followed a long period of snotty horrible infection, it is reasonable to assume the mucous membranes were compromised by the infection. Therefore how does the zombie smell??? Since many also seem to be missing their lower jaws or half the face, again I don't understand how the body can function in a way the host organism can use.

Lets not get me started on why they are eating - what is the point on eating human/animal gizzards (and they seem to focus on the intestines a lot) when the rotting corpse stomachs and intestinal tract no longer function? What purpose does it serve?

That said, redneck with the crossbow is by far the best and most sensible character. Which begs the question of why he is hanging around with a bunch of people that are proven more of a liability and risk than travelling alone?

I think I might have overthought the whole 'zombie' thing in this context lol. Pfft, suspend disbelief? Me? Noooo...
    Last edited by AMLightfoot; 27th March 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Thank Post
    I love it that people try to understand the limitations or otherwise of zombies...they're ZOMBIES!!! :-)

Must say, I could have done with fewer shows in series 2, but the final 2 more than made up for it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Did anyone notice that the two armless zombies were chained to the hooded one - so what's to stop them lunging forward and biting him??
    Got a bit annoyed in the last episode - Rick shouldnt have told them he killed Shane - there was no need to do that - and why didnt he just say that he hadnt told them what that woman said about everyone being infected because he had no proof and thought she was hysterical...
    Apparently his American accent is still being hailed as a triumph in the USA

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Did anyone notice that the two armless zombies were chained to the hooded one - so what's to stop them lunging forward and biting him??
    Got a bit annoyed in the last episode - Rick shouldnt have told them he killed Shane - there was no need to do that - and why didnt he just say that he hadnt told them what that woman said about everyone being infected because he had no proof and thought she was hysterical...
    Yeah, apparently he uses that accent off set as well so as his fellow actors don't get confused?!?! As for the show, well I think they sometimes just need a device that leads them around a hole in the plot, and I think they have been trying to drive wedges between the characters for a few weeks now, particularly with him.

Thank Post
    Not sure if it is going to be explained (highlight next line to read as I'm not sure if it is considered a spoiler or not)

---The hood is covered in zombie gore, like in the second episode. Means they don't attack and the wearer can walk past zombies with less risk---

S3 should be interesting though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Lets not get me started on why they are eating - what is the point on eating human/animal gizzards (and they seem to focus on the intestines a lot) when the rotting corpse stomachs and intestinal tract no longer function? What purpose does it serve?”
    Wasn’t that one explained when they said the virus brings out the basic primal instincts which are to feed or some such, or am I thinking of another zombie show? Like you I often think surly a Zombie would only last a few weeks max before its harmless due to lack of energy/muscle waste away. At this point in the show walkers should be pretty rare.

Thank Post
    Not seen Series 2 yet but I loved Series 1, I'm waiting to get the DVDs together so I can do a Zombie Marathon (Zombathon? Did I just invent a word?)

If you guys like zombies I highly recommend this part-book part-graphic novel: Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection: Amazon.co.uk: Don Roff, Chris Lane: Books

My OH got it for me and I've read it so many times and still love it

Thank Post
    I think that their bottom jaw has been removed to stop them getting a bit bitey.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast