+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, xbox modding in General; Evening People, Before I begin my research I thought I'd ask here if anyone has modded their xbox with a ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

xbox modding

Evening People,

Before I begin my research I thought I'd ask here if anyone has modded their xbox with a softmod? Or does it need a chip fitted - has anyone done this? Is it easy? I softmodded my wii the other year and it's great but am not sure where to look for xbox stuff.

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't recommend mods anymore...they're cracking down badly on them...not just live account bans now, full on console bans linked to MAC addresses of both xbox and the routers...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Interesting - so they can still detect them?

I've been offered an xbox with iXtreme LT+ v2.0 - never been a fan of 360s (I'm a PS3 fanboy). Just wondered what other people had done. Can the chips not be turned off these days?

The missus is interested in Kinect.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,964 Times in 2,179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    I've been offered an Xbox with iXtreme LT+ v2.0
    I really wouldn't bother. It sounds like your friend is looking to offload the console because it is too much hassle re-flashing the ODD every time there is an update...

What is iXtreme LT Lite Touch Firmware
    The purpose of iXtreme Firmware is to flash an Xbox 360 DVD drive. DVD drives are flashed in order to allow "backups" to be played.

How do I reduce the chance of being detected by Microsoft?
    Essentially, just don't do anything idiotic. Some fools have thought it a good idea not to stealth patch a game before going on to Xbox Live. Don't do that.

Also, some people thought it would be smart to download a game before release and play it. Seriously? Do not do that!

The safest way to not be detected is to stay off of Xbox Live and keep your firmware updated. If you need to update the consoles dashboard, etc, it is recommended that you reflash back to stock firmware before doing so. Although some have reported updating their flashed consoles without problem, the goal here is to minimize ban risk. (Source)
    As some of you might already know the latest dashboard updates for the Xbox 360 now reflash your drives firmware, if the drive is running a custom firmware such as LT+ this new dashboard update will remove your custom firmware and return the drive to a stock firmware. This means you will now have to either pay someone to re-flash the drive or do it yourself, why this is starting to look like it will become a real pain is because if every dashboard update from here on in re-flashes your drive back to stock you will need to flash it every time a new dashboard update is released with a custom firmware. For those paying people to flash your drive this is going to become a costly process that eventually you are going to get sick of paying for, also if you are doing it yourself you are quite quickly going to get sick of having to open the console every month or so to update the drives firmware again. This is where X360Key will shine, these dashboard updates will not affect it at all, once it’s installed it leaves your drive with a stock firmware and so when these dashboard updates do come out they won’t have any effect on the hardware itself. (Source)
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Can the chips not be turned off these days?
    These days you would use something like the X360 Key or Wasabi X360S.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3 people I know have modded xbox's and 2 got caught and console banned...they bought a new slim and within a week that was console banned as well purely based on the fact that they used the same router and everything. MS no longer much around, and they are also in partnership with Sony in regards to console modders and share data between them (this was let slip by a Sony Employee on twitter who subsequently got fired)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The moral of the story, if you buy a modded xbox, don't play online. If you don't go online (or sign in to LIVE at all) then you are OK.
    if you want to play online, buy an xbox, buy the game and play online. the people stupid enough to go online to play a cracked game on xblive are idiots. every forum i've EVER read has said NEVER go online with modded xbox, ever....you will get caught and banned.
    There are new mods coming out, the reset glitch hack which will soon let you install your own dashboard. or just get jtag
    Last edited by MK-2; 2nd November 2011 at 08:47 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread