+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Am I horrible? in General; Originally Posted by pshuttle Mate, as a fully qualified Skill At Arms Instructor I would not recommend you to display ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pshuttle View Post
    Mate, as a fully qualified Skill At Arms Instructor I would not recommend you to display your firearms to anyone at home, under any circumstances. The fact that you own a Firearms License should mean that you know better.
    Unless it's the late-teenage boy taking out the daughter on the first proper date, in which case feel free to go the full Bad-Boys-2-moment with the crazed dad+mad gun-toting friend routine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Yeah, but then RoF pitched in and made us all laugh, so the tension went and now we are all happy again
    Has RoF gone again now, for a while? When does she/he/it get let out again? Waiting here with baited breath.......almost.

EDIT

Thinking about it, I'm too old and cynical too wait for anything with baited breath anymore......retirement, maybe, but certainly not this week's 'X Factor' or anything that mundane.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    Unless it's the late-teenage boy taking out the daughter on the first proper date, in which case feel free to go the full Bad-Boys-2-moment with the crazed dad+mad gun-toting friend routine.
    8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter

4. 4 Thanks to Earthling:

LosOjos (1st November 2011), nephilim (1st November 2011), Rydra (1st November 2011), TechMonkey (1st November 2011)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Since the entirety of my road is on death's doorstep anyway, we rarely get any trick or treaters. I had one last night and it was a little kid barely bigger then my knee dressed as a pumpkin. So cute!

I had to teach her to say trick or treat though!

Thank Post
    I love living in a flat for this. Four years and no trick or treaters have even bothered trying.

Thank Post
    @Witch It is nice to read what you really think for a change. Although from a forum mod I would have expected more restraint.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 999 Posts
    Parents teaching kids not to take candy from strangers yet they have Halloween where upon getting treats what do they get, "candy" and who from, "strangers" for the most part, they may know some people who are close neighbours etc but if they are going from house to house / door to door etc surely they won't know everyone ??

Bit contradictory but maybe thats just me ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    @Witch It is nice to read what you really think for a change. Although from a forum mod I would have expected more restraint.
    Oh, you're back! How lovely! What are you going to say next to make us laugh? We love you, you are such fun

Thank Post
    Oh it will not be what I say but what I will show honey. Images speak loader than words

Thank Post
    I have no particular issue with you @witch, but to be fair to @RingOfFlame she has a very good point regarding your status versus actions/content.
    Mods should be de-flaming situations, not fuelling them, should they not?

12. Thanks to mb2k01 from:

RingOfFlame (1st November 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    I have no particular issue with you @witch, but to be fair to @RingOfFlame she has a very good point regarding your status versus actions/content.
    * Pulls up chair and waits for @bossman to take over from @witch *

14. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

nephilim (2nd November 2011)

Thank Post
    I think @witch and @bossman are already comfy on it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    I think @witch and @bossman are already comfy on it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    That would be true if @RingOfFlame was not trolling (in a fairly lame yet amusing way) and @witch was joining in the joke with a friend and partner in crime. As it is we just have someone desperately trying to stay a contemporary troll, trying to push out her/his/its chest upon meeting a mighty warrior (finely characterised by @bossman) and gets a friendly pat on the head as a reward, as one might do to a little Scottie.

Still ... could have been worse. One of the denizens from Alt.Fan.Romath could turn up to show how it should be done ... not that I am saying some members might have previously been wearers of asbestos trousers but a number of chicken wavers from .recovery newsgroups are about.

Proper trolls are an endangered species ... they need nurturing and making sure they are safe. Sometimes they need to be hand-reared before being released into the wild. Occasionally you will come across one that just cannot hack it and so you have to treat them as a pet instead. If you are not careful though they just moan with many voices ... and become the generators of sock puppets ... and the signal to noise ratio plummets. At the moment I relish the brief interludes of @RingOfFlame ... occasionally they even make sense.

Well done to @witch for her sterling work in the face of absurdity ... and for @bossman for playing the mighty warrior so well!

18. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

witch (2nd November 2011)

Thank Post
    Sorry @GrumbleDook, I normally agree with the majority of what you say but not on this one.
    Yes, arguably (no pun intended) @RingOfFire has a background of generating debate / alternative posting, but look at the context of posts inside this particular thread - a thread from a well-respected member querying justification for being 'horrible' to children and proceeding to explain his logic behind polishing his guns at that particular timeslot/in that particular location etc... A thread which seems to have not generated any negative response from other 'regulars' or mods - instead they just belittle the voices of those who dare to speak out or challenge.

20. 3 Thanks to mb2k01:

GrumbleDook (1st November 2011), Netman (2nd November 2011), RingOfFlame (1st November 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast