+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Am I horrible? in General; In Scotland we called it Guising and we were only allowed to go to houses in our own street and ...
    Thank Post
    In Scotland we called it Guising and we were only allowed to go to houses in our own street and all the parents stood outside. Was great fun sadly now though it is not quite the same. You are right though Witch it did start here first. Blessings Witch on a Happy Samhain!!

Thank Post
    I got sick of the trick or treaters so I turned off the lights and pretended I wasn't in. Stuff the ships. My Lighthouse, my rules!

3. 2 Thanks to TechMonkey:

akidosaint (1st November 2011), Pyroman (1st November 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I got sick of the trick or treaters so I turned off the lights and pretended I wasn't in. Stuff the ships. My Lighthouse, my rules!

You know the rules, credit the original poster or we'll all vote it down

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    You know the rules, credit the original poster or we'll all vote it down
    My mate on Facebook?

Thank Post
    I turned every light on the front of my house, then sat in my study with headphones on and listened to the occassional chirping of my doorbell downstairs while I blew peoples heads off in Battlefield 3

Can't find it now, but I came across a video a week or two ago for an epic prank.

Dress up as a zombie guy fawkes, with a pumkin mask/head, and sit outside your door with a bowl of sweets in your lap. When the little darlings come to collect the sweets, it's time for the zombie to come alive! Need to be careful though, one parent beat up the guy for doing it out of shock

Thank Post
    We didn't have any trick-or-treaters, which was a shame, because I'd baked some chocolate brownies earlier in the day. Never mind, they won't go to waste.

This thread got a bit angsty yesterday, didn't it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post

This thread got a bit angsty yesterday, didn't it?
    Yeah, but then RoF pitched in and made us all laugh, so the tension went and now we are all happy again

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    I turned every light on the front of my house, then sat in my study with headphones on and listened to the occassional chirping of my doorbell downstairs while I blew peoples heads off in Battlefield 3
    PC, PS3 or Xbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    @bossman, my sweet, leave our little USA troll alone - she doesn't understand the concept of friendship and TBH if her reaction to a man she has never met is so bad, something awful must have happened to her.
    Ouch!

On the side note, nice to know others feel like me when it comes to All Hallows Eve

*Edit*

PS

Who neg repped me saying "Ha Ha! They do the trick! Blimey - even kids get the concept!"

Excuse me for not knowing this having not done trick or treating since I was 7 years old! Besides the kids ask trick or treat, by this notion, if I said trick, they do a trick, but if I said treat I give them a treat? Where is the logic?
    Last edited by featured_spectre; 1st November 2011 at 11:38 AM.

Thank Post
    Ive got a three year old and a six year old so we went out trick or treating but we only do the houses with pumpkins. I also had a pocket full of sweets to hand out to other trick or treaters who hadn't been to our house yet. Overall the atmosphere was good natured and one of fun we certainly didn't have any trouble.
    There was a story on the radio this morning about a lady who took the time to cover Brussels sprouts in chocolate and then had no trick or treaters come to her door. Think I might borrow this one for next year, its one way of making sure the kids get their greens.

Thank Post
    I gotta say that I have nothing to do with 'Trick or Treat' or Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve.......it falls just after my birthday and I wasn't having the kids distracted from that while they wound themselves up for Halloween, and if that's being 'Horrible', then yeah, I am and I was probably an evil parent, too........but..............

I have to say that although I've never seen her/him/it (never do trust avatar pics) posting on here before, RoF's first comment had me rolling on the floor.....Let's face it, if the OP didn't want to appear or be deemed 'Horrible' then give in and hand over the treats and be deemed 'Not Horrible' and probably labelled as 'We'll go back there next year'.

Don't choose a course of action then whine over the effect/consequences of that action, and ask for confirmation from your peer-group (on here) that you're not Horrible, really......that's just insecure.

And while I'm enhancing my rep no end, I'll wager, what's the deal with keeping a gun by the front door, inert or not? Only cleaning it? Yeah, sure. Best light to do it by is in the entrance-hall by the front door? Get brighter lightbulbs or a reading-lamp. If you don't have an entrance-hall and the front door opens directly into your living-room, well.......sorry, and continue to clean your weapons by the front door.

Befordshire, @nephilim, would that be Luton?

12. 3 Thanks to Earthling:

featured_spectre (1st November 2011), Netman (2nd November 2011), RingOfFlame (1st November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I just got called horrible by a parent who is out with their children because I did a trick for them rather than give them a treat (Trick or Treat...all in the saying)
    The kids say to you, trick or treat - not the other way round!!

They say trick or treat, and if you say no, then they are supposed to trick you! So depending on the trick you did to the kids, then possible you were horrible!

I think trick or treating is supposed to be enjoyable for kids to get dressed up and get sweets. Go see people in their neighborhood / communities and get treats, and when they come to your house they get the same in return. I think it's fine for people to opt-out, simply don't display pumpkins etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    And while I'm enhancing my rep no end, I'll wager, what's the deal with keeping a gun by the front door, inert or not? Only cleaning it? Yeah, sure. Best light to do it by is in the entrance-hall by the front door? Get brighter lightbulbs or a reading-lamp. If you don't have an entrance-hall and the front door opens directly into your living-room, well.......sorry, and continue to clean your weapons by the front door.
    I have to agree here. If someone had alerted the authorities that there was a firearm on display, your door would of been taken clean off. Those guys don't mess about.

15. Thanks to JoeBloggs from:

RingOfFlame (1st November 2011)

Thank Post
    Around my other halfs area if there is a pumpkin in the window they knock and get treats - if not they don't knock....seems to work here

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Yes it does open straight into the front room...the porch door is being put up on Friday afternoon when my daughter is at her nanny's for the day

Bedfordshire, @nephilim, would that be Luton?
    I used to live in Luton, now I live in Dunstable

Thank Post
    Mate, as a fully qualified Skill At Arms Instructor I would not recommend you to display your firearms to anyone at home, under any circumstances. The fact that you own a Firearms License should mean that you know better.

19. Thanks to pshuttle from:

RingOfFlame (1st November 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast