+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Am I horrible? in General; Originally Posted by RingOfFlame Well see my share of lecherous old men on a daily basis. I would not get ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    Well see my share of lecherous old men on a daily basis. I would not get to excited though. I prefer the tender touch of the fairer sex
    Ahh so your a working girl then! besides openly admitting to having a crush on Justin Bieber hehe!

Thank Post
    Calling me a prostitute now? Classy honey, classy. Sorry to disappoint you but it is from having to talk to gentlemen like yourself who have trouble making eye contact with young women and would rather talk to our chests.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    Calling me a prostitute now?
    Not at all you must be paranoid, I said you are a working girl! you do work don't you?

Classy honey, classy.
    That's me sweet and pure

Sorry to disappoint you but it is from having to talk to gentlemen like yourself who have trouble making eye contact with young women and would rather talk to our chests.
    You don't disappoint me O' contrare, and I only have your word (I wouldn't want to swear my life on it) that you are a young woman!

As for making eye contact I would have to get on my knees to make eye contact with such a person as you with "Napoleons disease"

You must live in a very bad place also for such an outlook on life, glass half full (in fact empty in your case)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @RingOfFlame - Making freinds and influencing people again I see. You can keep your holiday, I don't celebrate your independence day either as I don't care. Were you board today or just a little masochistic.

On topic: I have a gate which helpfully keeps out the destructive demanding youths who follow in the footsteps of their American TV upbringing.

I did think that rigging up one of those electronic sprinkler controllers with a switch and a well aimed hose would make quite a nice answer to the trick or treat debate especially if the little vandles try to get through the gate.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,635 Posts
    Goodness me... it has been a busy night! Halloween and nasty things that appear around midnight. I'm rather sorry I didn't stay up for the witching hour now!

@bossman you really should know better than to mock the afflicted...

.... but carry on anyway! As you would say "hehe"
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 1st November 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Thank Post
    I had sweets, and a pumpkin and I live in a house with a front door that peopel can get to. I even had the light on, and not one kid came to my house! Last year we got 1 and this year I got none, I'm kinda disapointed.

Though I think kids upto about 10 is what it should be.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had to laugh when opening the door to a couple of girls. Both dressed up, in early teens....one on her mobile phone chatting away just holding out an Asda carrier bag. So I just held out a bucket of sweets and her friend had to get some for her saying "I'll get hers too, she's on the phone" (thanks for the clarification!)

Thank Post
    I forgot to buy sweets for the kiddies so unfortunately i had to ignore the door. I do love halloween, good excuse to get dressed up and have a gig with my band. Also as kids we went trick or treating and i see no reason to spoil that for other kids, it's only a couple of quids worth of sweets so get a scary mask on and join in otherwise you'll be cheating kids of a childhood and the next thing you know, you'll be complaining about the anti-social kids that live in your area (wonder why they're so "anti-social"?!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 1,455 Posts
    We took the girls out for the first time with some friends around one of the local estates and only went to houses that they knew or ones with pumpkins and that had made an effort allthough it was a bit disturbing with one group of local young people 14, 15+ just roaming the estate having made no effort just going for the sweets.

It was slightly marred by the fact that when we got home someone had stolen one of our pumpkins just the one mind you and it happened to be the youngests dora the explorer pumpkin that the missus had carved for her.

Due to the fact that we were out we had only had a few come round before that and when we got home that was the end of it pumpkins away batteries out of the doorbell.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Darn...you always find these things too late

How to Build Your Very Own Flamethrower Jack-O'-Lantern | Gizmodo UK

Thank Post
    Where I live unless you have a pumpkin in your window people don't bother you (at least in the main this is what happens). It allows those who want to be involved to do so, and those that don't want bothering can be left in peace.

Seems to work pretty well.

Having said that, last night we only had visits from kids whose parents we know (so only about 2/3 knocks at the door) although we do live at the end of the Close and our house is mainly obscured and we'd been out trick or treating ourselves :-)

I do agree that there should be an age cut off for it (I'd probably say when they go to secondary school), as it can be quite intimidating to have a group of teenagers turn up on your doorstep.

Is it really begging though? Or is it more like organised blackmail (If you don't give us something nice we'll do something nasty to you)?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,635 Posts
    Much as I don't like Trick or Treat, it is better than Mischief Night (November 4th) that I grew up with in Yorkshire.

Mischief Night was supposed to be a night of pranks... I remember getting up one morning to find that some wag had taped every gate along our road shut with electrical tape. I believe its origins (and date) are something to with supporters of that notorious Yorkshireman burned the following day, Guy Fawkes.

By the time I left home, the pranks were becoming rather more malicious and that's where Trick or Treat is probably a safer option.

Thank Post
    Hmmm, all this gives me an idea for next year - I have a couple of airsoft 'landmines' that can be filled with talc for a little shock...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,916 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I preferred 'Hop-tu-Naa' as a kid, singing songs and visiting the elderly villagers to say hi basically. We didn't do it for the sweets etc... We used turnips though, not pumpkins!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,692 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I preferred 'Hop-tu-Naa' as a kid, singing songs and visiting the elderly villagers to say hi basically. We didn't do it for the sweets etc... We used turnips though, not pumpkins!
    It was traditional to carve a turnip on All Hallow's Eve (goodness, more capitals, what am I like!). After all, the tradition started in this country (sorry, ROF) and we didn't have pumpkins then.
    @bossman, my sweet, leave our little USA troll alone - she doesn't understand the concept of friendship and TBH if her reaction to a man she has never met is so bad, something awful must have happened to her.

16. Thanks to witch from:

bossman (1st November 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast