+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What kind of offers would tickle your fancy??? in General; Hello Instead of me just putting random offers in the "Our Advertisers" forum (which doesn't seem to be going very ...

Thank Post

What kind of offers would tickle your fancy???

Hello

Instead of me just putting random offers in the "Our Advertisers" forum (which doesn't seem to be going very well), i wanted to see what offers would tickle your fancy?

As you know, i work with all the vendors and i'll put forward anything that you suggest. I know it depends on what you actually need and your budget but if there's something you would like to see an offer on or some kind of promo, post it!

It can be on hardware, software, installs or whatever! I just want some ideas so i can go to the vendors and get the offers you want.

No one understands the needs of you guys better than yourselves

Get creative

Luke

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Free Apple MAC air laptop for every stick of RAM purchased...lol

Something like barebones machines you see on ebuyer but better.:-)

3. 4 Thanks to nephilim:

mac_shinobi (21st October 2011), Millgate (20th October 2011), Pyroman (20th October 2011), tomgrindle (21st October 2011)

Thank Post
    Free bulbs with projectors!

5. Thanks to strawberry from:

Millgate (20th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Free bulbs with projectors!
    On certain ones you get get free bulbs

Thank Post
    Unfortunately with Education we tend to only buy things we need when we need them (though on occasion we manage to catch the HT/SMT/Bursar offguard and get things we want).

There's usually a stock of things that we all buy on a fairly regular basis, that I at least hate having to chase up when I want them.

-Projectors. Ones with extended/long life warranties, free bulbs are often good, or free mounts/cabling kits etc. We all get those projectors from time to time that go boom/pop, and need to replace them ASAP, so knowing what's the good/best offer out there available this week is a bonus.

-Laptops. When it's time to buy that next batch of laptops, I find we all buy roughly the same things each time; it's roughly the same spec of CPU, 2-4GB of memory, DVD drives and most other features are a bonus. Whatever is Best Value, maybe bundled with laptops bags can be good, Cashback is a pain to chase (Would be good if companies would stop doing this and just give us the £50 or whatever off in the first place. It must cost them half of that money just to manage the scheme effectively!) but again always a bonus.

Beyond that, what I buy is rarely predictable from a school POV, so just what you normally do; random offers and good prices as they come in.

Maybe advertising stuff that we ourselves might be interested in; Decent new monitor for home, good prices on SSD's/high capacity Hard drives, new Mice/keyboard options (I'm on the hunt for a wireless keyboard and mouse set for a Home entertainment PC atm, and I've been looking for a good offer on some new gaming monitors for a year now)

8. 2 Thanks to Rydra:

CHR1S (20th October 2011), Millgate (20th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Something like.....£X off the GBICs if you buy them with a switch?

Agree that Cashback or Free iPod is pretty useless - the former is annoying to chase, the latter could be seen as a kickback, so it'd make me not pick that offer.
    Last edited by pete; 20th October 2011 at 02:14 PM.

10. Thanks to pete from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Something like.....£X off the GBICs if you buy them with a switch?
    Could be done but it depends on which switch. It'd have to be HP or Cisco for that kind of offer

Thank Post
    I can't remember us ever buying from somebody because we saw a good offer - we're not really in the business of making impulse buys. Consistently competitive prices are of more use to us than short term offers.
    Last edited by SteveBentley; 20th October 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: missed a word!

13. Thanks to SteveBentley from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBentley View Post
    I can't remember us ever buying somebody because we saw a good offer - we're not really in the business of making impulse buys. Consistently competitive prices are of more use to us than short term offers.
    Not really an offer but....

I can't guarantee to beat everyone's prices all of the time and if anyone else does, they're lying

But i can promise to be very very competitive and i'd be surprised if other companies consistently come in cheaper than us. Free delivery, good account management (if i do say so myself HA)

Thank Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I seem to remember you offering the HTC flyer on trial a few weeks back. is that deal still available because I would be very interested now?

Or have I completely made that up?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral208 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I seem to remember you offering the HTC flyer on trial a few weeks back. is that deal still available because I would be very interested now?

Or have I completely made that up?!
    No you're not making it up but i think HTC have stopped offering this now but i'll double check for you and drop you a PM

They had issues getting enough loan stock for the demand

Ta

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    One offer would be good is as follows

Buy a laptop with X Spec (say dual core CPU, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD) and you will upgrade the Ram to 4GB for free
    Buy a barebones PC with X Spec (say dual core / quad core, 2GB Ram, 60GB HDD) and you will upgrade either RAM to 4GB or 160GB HDD for free
    Buy 10/20 laptops of the same make and model, get 1 free (very handy for those looking to buy 60 or 70 as I have seen on occasion)
    Buy 2 fibre/GBIC switches, get discount on the GBICs
    Buy a 300m drum of cable, get 10x 0.25m patch cables free

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @Millgate:

What would be really good and slightly more than you can offer but maybe the owners of this site can come up with an.........................wait for it

www.edugeekcompare.com

Which is just like the search engines on the net for insurance etc etc only this one pulls in all the information on prices from all the available suppliers and you guessed it............compared them on certain criteria.

Now that's what I would like to see all in one place and a place for everything sweet!!!

19. Thanks to bossman from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ahh but doing such a thing pulls out the wool from sales peoples eyes, and they can undercut in that instance Best to keep it between account managers and staff, that way you can haggle as you see fit and not say "but x has y price on z comparison of products on the Edugeek site". Simple haggling is best

21. Thanks to nephilim from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Ahh but doing such a thing pulls out the wool from sales peoples eyes, and they can undercut in that instance Best to keep it between account managers and staff, that way you can haggle as you see fit and not say "but x has y price on z comparison of products on the Edugeek site". Simple haggling is best
    I agree because by dealing with an account manager rather than just a webiste, you develop relationships and it benefits both parties. An example of this happened the other day when my client order the wrong Oki printers, opened them and only realised when coming to use them. Now, policy is that once opened, unless faulty, we can't return but because the client has history with me, i returned them with no charge!

It's not always what you know...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast