+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Met anyone famous? in General; Met Phil Jupitus at download festival, everyone kept calling him johnny vegas lol....
    Thank Post
    Met Phil Jupitus at download festival, everyone kept calling him johnny vegas lol.

Thank Post
    Johnny Thunders
    Joey Santiago
    Def Leppard
    Saxon - long long time ago
    Fast Eddie Clarke
    Doctor and the Medics
    Roddy Radiation
    Geoff Thompson

Thank Post
    just remembered that on holiday when i was a kid, i met the chuckle brothers in scarborough. got a signed photo as well (oh the shame of it)!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJRussell View Post
    just remembered that on holiday when i was a kid, i met the chuckle brothers in scarborough. got a signed photo as well (oh the shame of it)!!
    To me, to you......

Thank Post
    I shared a buffet table and a couple of coffees with Helen Morgan, on a train from Cardiff to Bristol, back in 1975.

She was the Miss World that had her title withdrawn for not declaring she was an unmarried mother, I think it was. She ended up being the Lovely Assistant on 'Mr and Mrs', if anyone remmbers that.

We chatted the whole 45-60 minute journey, I never mentioned the Miss World title or the TV show and she was happy to chat about everyday, 'normal' stuff.

When we got off the train, her to go to the studios and me to get a connection to Exeter, we shook hands and she kissed me on the cheek.

I would like to say that I haven't washed since, but, of course, I haven't.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Ohhh - forgot!!
    My cousin's son, Jay Gudgeon is married to Kelle Bryan from the group Eternal. I believe she is now pregnant!

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I got the Lee Evans autobiography for my birthday. After a quick flip through it, I discovered he lived on the same road as I did. He went to the same secondary school and used to make a bit of a nuisance of himself outside my local on a Saturday night. He's 8 years younger so I wouldn't have known him that well.

Thank Post
    Forgot to say that as well as knowing several boxers I have also met several footballers, some from back when I was playing like Gary Shaw and Peter Withe and some more recent players as my 6 year old is a Wolverhampton Wanderers Academy player so I have met a few of the lads there ... he also trains with Justin Tyrell who used to play for Birmingham City and Dean Johnson - ex WBA.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Me personally, no bugger!
    The mrs, quite a few. She used to work on receptions in a hotel in Derby, so got to meet the then Derby FC team, plus manager, Robert Lindsay (he was born round here and stayed in local hotels when coming back), plus a few others she mentioned.
    Now she works at an accountants and a few famous clients have to come in every now and then for their accounts. Local radio stars (Loydie of ex Trent FM etc). Also Richard Bacon....but I'll reserve the comments she makes about him....this is a family forum after all!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Oooooh, got to tell you my story. Big big Star Trek Fan [ showing my age as I loved the TOS and films ] - anyhoo I've read quite a lot of books regarding the show, bios etc. Anyway Leonard Nimoy wrote a few books, one was called I think I'm not Spock and then he wrote another one called I Am Spock. First was read [ didn't think much of it ] - second one I thought I may as well get it as I read anything related to this sort of stuff. Was about to order it but then found out that he was appearing and doing a signing up in London - this is so long ago I can't even remember what store it was.
    Knowing just how popular this was going to be I took the day off and boy was sad old me jolly excited at this. I was even going to do the \\ /// sign- [ yes folks that's how sad I am ] So the day rolls up - I get up at 4am and make my way to the book store ready to take my place in the queue. I get there about an hour later and yep there are lots of sad people [ and sadder ] waiting already. I start to practice my \\ /// and get ready my questions knowing I would only have a matter of 30 seconds or so to chat with this great man. Time starts to tick and I double check everything, I have the book, my list of questions and my fingers still work for the 'live long and prosper' moment. Hours pass, and I slowly start to make my way into the store - bit warmer inside and I'm getting nervous. I can see the man on the stage, smiling, posing for photos and being a real nice guy to all the other weirdo’s who not only dress like him but are wearing pointy ears and looking like they have no girlfriend or still live with their parents.
    I'm getting closer !! I have my list of questions, my book and my fingers ready.....
    Then all of a sudden it's my turn - this is going to be one of the highlights of my life - something to tell my kids and mates in the pub [ ok, maybe not my mates in the pub ] - I get up there and the book is taken from my grasp from his helper and I'm dumbstruck - all that can come out of my mouth is my name....'Matt' Nothing more, no questions, no asking for a photo, nothing at all, my heart pounding in my chest that at last I have met the man I think has played one of the greatest characters in modern Sci-Fi. And there I am, staring at him like some rabbit dazzled by a set of car headlights. He signs the book and I have to be led away by his helper as I'm still in shock. All the questions I wanted to ask never were asked, the photo was never taken and my \\ /// sign was never used.
    So there we have it, I get to meet and chat with Leonard Nimoy and I ended up looking like a complete cock in front of him.

11. Thanks to mattx from:

Rawns (1st May 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @mattx i think from now on we shall call you Sheldon, for your interaction with other humans knows no bounds

13. Thanks to MK-2 from:

mattx (26th October 2011)

rad
    Thank Post
    Met a triple Olympic Gold medalist yesterday, alongside another 2 Medalists and 2 others, all 5 competing again this year.

Oh was at the Apple Store yesterday for the launch of the Volvo Sailing App, Ben Ainslie, Paul Goodison, Nick Dempsey and the Macgregory sisters. Got all of their autographs too.

In the past, Frank Bruno at an Airport lounge, cast of Lewis when they filmed at the school I work at (was about 3 years ago)

Other half taught Robert Lindsey to sail (Dad from "My Family amongst others)
    Last edited by rad; 26th October 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Thank Post
    DIMBLEBOT. Who wants to touch me?

Tim Minchin, James Randi, Josie Long, Richard Dawkins...
    Last edited by gwendes; 1st May 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok....so here's one to throw into the ring.....

For you older edugeekers....

Antonio Fargas!

Those that are old enough will KNOW....those that aren't, won't!!!

Don Johnson, (Complete tw@)
    Bruce Willis, (Another complete tw@)
    John Gregory, (Is actually a friend of mine!)
    Carlos Tevez
    Javier Mascherano
    Joe Jordan (He had his teeth in!)
    Mark Bosnich and Sophie Anderton (You'll never guess what THEY were ordering over the phone!)
    Pini Zahavi (Football agent)
    Bernie Ecclestone (He really IS tiny! Mothercare suit on, I think!)
    Ray Reardon (Such a gent)
    Most of the Norwich City football team (circa 1992)
    Most of Bristol City team (circa 1995)

That's all I can think of at the mo!

Thank Post
    LOL! You know when you accidently dig up an old thread because you're searching for something important?

Yeah, I did that.

Poor @mattx

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast