+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
General Chat Thread, Samsung Galaxy S2 vs iPhone 4. What do I pick? in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    looking on 3, 02 and vodafone so far you have to fork out £200 up front for me to be able to pay around the £30 mark per month
    Check out the Hot UK Deals website. I've seen much better deals than that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    looking on 3, 02 and vodafone so far you have to fork out £200 up front for me to be able to pay around the £30 mark per month, I paid about £160 for my iphone 4 and went on £45 a month contract and that was 18 months ago when the iphone 4 was first released

Who are you with and how did you manage to get it for free, I was only looking on the 02 website not actually called and asked yet as been with 02 for 3 and a half years or maybe a bit longer.
    I'm with o2 and have been for about 10 years. i was on a £35 a month contract and when i upgraded i went down to £32.99 or something a month and the phone was free. not sure how/why but i did.

Thank Post
    the difference being if you have a problem with an iphone that apple refuse to admit is a problem (the 4s battery drain for instance),
    Because as far as they were concerned, there was no problem. They had no information that indicated as such during testing. It's likely an issue that only affects a small % of users that has been magnified by techblogs.

As you work in IT, I'm fairly sure you've probably ran into issues before that are stupidly hard to reproduce, didn't show up in your testing and rarely occur. At the same time, I'm sure you've had users who just didn't understand the issue spreading misinformation and it can be hard to cut through that to get to the actual issue.

If you've read tech blogs over the past week you'd know that Apple engineers have been reaching out to users that have reported it.
    They've now issued a statement and a timetable for a fix accordingly. The phone has been out two weeks.

Until Apple had solid information about the issue and a timescale of a fix, It made absolutely no sense for them to say anything.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Because as far as they were concerned, there was no problem. They had no information that indicated as such during testing. It's likely an issue that only affects a small % of users that has been magnified by techblogs.

As you work in IT, I'm fairly sure you've probably ran into issues before that are stupidly hard to reproduce, didn't show up in your testing and rarely occur. At the same time, I'm sure you've had users who just didn't understand the issue spreading misinformation and it can be hard to cut through that to get to the actual issue.

If you've read tech blogs over the past week you'd know that Apple engineers have been reaching out to users that have reported it.
    They've now issued a statement and a timetable for a fix accordingly. The phone has been out two weeks.

Until Apple had solid information about the issue and a timescale of a fix, It made absolutely no sense for them to say anything.
    Apple engineers reaching out is probably because of the backlash they faced last year with the signal strength thing (another error they refused to admit was an error).
    and this sort of backs up what i was saying about samsung and android. if there is no way to reproduce a few users having issue with gps, why should samsung issue a fix and be blamed for it.

it still smacks of apple tinted glasses.
    if an iphone doesn't work, its not the iphones fault( until apple release a statement saying they will fix it).
    if an android phone doesn't work, it just proves android is a rubbish OS and it wont work on hardware without x, y or z.
    remember apple control the WHOLE kerboodle....they make the hardware and the software. so if there is an error, they are the only ones who will know if there is a problem. the s2 is a samsung built phone running an operating system made by google.
    if your pc started to show errors, do you blame the motherboard manfr/the memory manfr/the OS manfr?

Thank Post
    I came into this because there was a lot of love for the S2 and nobody was saying anything negative about it so I thought I'd mention a couple of issues to redress the bias as IPhones are nice pieces of kit as well

The next time we are all together - we can do some fair tests to see if its just my handset/firmware version

Si

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post

Thank Post
    it still smacks of apple tinted glasses.
    if an iphone doesn't work, its not the iphones fault( until apple release a statement saying they will fix it).
    I still have no idea what the heck you are complaining about. The phone was released three weeks ago. Apple stayed numb on reports of low battery until they had engineers reach out and firstly work out if it existed and secondly work out what was causing it. They've found the issue and have released a statement as such. What else would you have expected them to do? Admit there was a problem before they even confirmed if a problem existed and if so what they would do about it?

if an android phone doesn't work, it just proves android is a rubbish OS and it wont work on hardware without x, y or z.
    No it doesn't. The only difference with Android is there's more cooks in the pot, i.e any issue like this could be either be an issue with the hardware, Googles Software, the OEMS software customisations or the carriers customisations. Therefor it may take an Android OEM longer to work out whats causing an issue like this, not longer. It doesn't mean that Android is a "Rubbish OS".

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    The phone was released three weeks ago. Apple stayed numb on reports of low battery until they had engineers reach out and firstly work out if it existed and secondly work out what was causing it. They've found the issue and have released a statement as such. What else would you have expected them to do? Admit there was a problem before they even confirmed if a problem existed and if so what they would do about it?
    You can bold the text all you want, but if you read my posts I mentioned previous iPhones and have repeatedly mentioned the iPhone4 signal strength issue. So unless I've suddenly hit 88 and gone back a year or two, the iPhone4 was not released three weeks ago.

My point is, whenever ANY iDevice/iOS bug is found, it never seems to be the fault of Apple (in the owners eyes) despite them being the only ones in control.

Thank Post
    They are both very good at what they do, if you think back 5 years they are amazing at what they do. I have an S2 for the simple reason I dont want to sell my soul to Apple and want none of thier products in my life. I hada play on a 4S at the weekend and I thought Siri is rubbish in the real world, not one bit like advertised. It just does not work when there is back ground noise and some of the results it brought up were bizzare.

Thank Post
    My point is, whenever ANY iDevice/iOS bug is found, it never seems to be the fault of Apple (in the owners eyes)
    As we say up north - Calm doon pet

There is a difference between the fanbois and your educated edugeek owners

Si

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    There is a difference between the fanbois and your educated edugeek owners
    Judging by the negative rep some people get when commenting badly about apple on here there might not be a vast deal of difference between some

But I'll calm doon and shut it now as this could go on for pages!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456