+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Gigs in General; One of my work colleagues has managed to get me and my better half tickets for Miks'a gig in Birmingham ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gigs

One of my work colleagues has managed to get me and my better half tickets for Miks'a gig in Birmingham on Thursday ... and something just felt right about going to see an extrovert singers wearing silly costumes with a squeaky voice too ...

And then I realised. Tonight is the 5th anniversay of We Will Rock You in London ... My wife and I should be there ... we thought about it a few months back (when we decided not to see the show when were down that way but we saw Avenue Q instead) but thought better of it with teh amount of work we have on at the moment ...

I can't believe I completely forgot ... I need to get a life ... I want to be dressed as Brian (and have a wig so that I actually *have* some hair) with a blow up guitar and dancing inthe aisles with the other nutters.

I'm off to console myself with some Fat Bottomed Girls.

Thank Post

Re: Gigs

Mika.

That blasted music goes round my head all day.

Rubbish but yet brilliant. Catchy and yet weird.

Bit like Vista then ;-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    One of my work colleagues has managed to get me and my better half tickets for Miks'a gig in Birmingham on Thursday ... and something just felt right about going to see an extrovert singers wearing silly costumes with a squeaky voice too ...

And then I realised. Tonight is the 5th anniversay of We Will Rock You in London ... My wife and I should be there ... we thought about it a few months back (when we decided not to see the show when were down that way but we saw Avenue Q instead) but thought better of it with teh amount of work we have on at the moment ...

I can't believe I completely forgot ... I need to get a life ... I want to be dressed as Brian (and have a wig so that I actually *have* some hair) with a blow up guitar and dancing inthe aisles with the other nutters.

I'm off to console myself with some Fat Bottomed Girls.
    I know what you mean Tony, I should be there also, so to console myself I went out and test drove the MK5 Golf GTI Instead But unfortunatly forgot my WWRY CD Damn and Blast! and I haven't seen any reports yet from people! Grrr, hurry up getting autographs and get back to the St Giles's cyber cafe or Easy-Internet-Cafe.com and let us know how terrible it was so me and Tony don't feel so bad

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The only consolation I have is that the run has been extended I *will* be making a trip to see it during BETT week.

Thank Post

Don't forget The Cult in are performing a small gig at CC Club in London on the 7th June

Thank Post

The only consolation I have is that the run has been extended I *will* be making a trip to see it during BETT week.
    I don't know how you can plan that far in advance (makes diary entry for around this time next year for 6th birthday bash )

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I can plan that far in advance because I *know* I will be in London that week ... all week ... and will need something to do inthe evenings to try and tire me out after the boring and quiet days spent sat in Olympia waiting for the occasional person to pass by the stand. All I've got to do now is persuade the other people who will be down there that it is a good night out and that I am not just some sad person that sees the same show again and again ... and again ... and again ...

I'll get my coat ... it's the one with "I held the Hairy One's Mighty Axe" on the back.

Thank Post

hehe, your not a sad one and you don't need to get your coat. I tell ya what I should try and get down there for a 2 day stay or something and see the show with you but I don't think it will happen, work's a bit funny on these things really

But hey who knows, as for your jacket, yeah I want one that says that as well, as I will be holding said Axe as part of the directing team of the schools production of WWRY Well there has to be some justification and way of getting free seats to it and back stage access and workshops God don't you just love working in schools!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Wow, you are doing Schools Will Rock You? How much of the ... erm ... more grown up contente has been removed?

I almost have the staff here convinced ... the thing that puts me off is the adultness of some of the materials.

Thank Post

Saw Avenue Q when it first hit the UK. Legendary show!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ah ... there is nothing like seeing some woman with her hand stuck up a puppet's jacksie singing that the internet is really, really, great ... only to be interrupted by two people with their hands stuck up a furry puppet's back screaming that the internet is for pr0n

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

You mean is isn't?

Thank Post

Wow, you are doing Schools Will Rock You? How much of the ... erm ... more grown up contente has been removed?

I almost have the staff here convinced ... the thing that puts me off is the adultness of some of the materials.
    None as far as I know,we are not worried, the A level group just did performances on serious rape, murder and very adult topics so we can handle the WWRY adult humor, and it will be a laugh. So we will be using the full on script and can adapt to our locale etc, so instead of hello Wembley it will be hello school etc, shame the sods are being so slow at sending the paperwork out for the licence, we have applied and have provisional acceptance via phone from the SWWRY team but we need the bit of paper, and we start casting in a few weeks, but thank god for my major knoledge we have a good enough script, clips, photos and my 5 times of watching the show to make it a major success! We are just finalising a session in London with the cast and crew for next academic year which should be good, I know I cannot wait for that. I really want to see how that set ticks! and show that i'm not just the IT dude and that I can actually act and sing, I fancy myself as a Kashoggi role.

The set and lighting is booked, im getting all excited and its months away still! One of the few reasons I stay in my current job rather than going into industry or freelance.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information