+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Bashing threads in General; I'm a tad bored now of the threads which twist into bashing of one thing or another ... then you ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bashing threads

I'm a tad bored now of the threads which twist into bashing of one thing or another ... then you get the arguments about people giving or receiving neg rep!

The thing that has annoyed me today is the RIP thread to Steve Jobs. As much as I know some folk don't like him, what he has stood for ... how about you treat that thread as a book of condolence. If you can't say anything nice in it then start your own thread and slag him off in there. You wouldn't do it in a real book of condolence or book of tributes so why the heck do you think that just because this is all online that you can do it here?

As for people giving neg rep to those above? Don't bother ... it isn't going to change anything other than someone moaning and then lots of others will give them positive rep so it is completely self-defeating. In rep wars, no-one wins!

2. 20 Thanks to GrumbleDook:

CAM (6th October 2011), cpjitservices (6th October 2011), cromertech (6th October 2011), DT2 (6th October 2011), Exos (6th October 2011), gmj (6th October 2011), Hokalus (7th October 2011), JoeBloggs (6th October 2011), kernewek-sam (6th October 2011), korifugi (6th October 2011), localzuk (6th October 2011), LosOjos (6th October 2011), Millgate (6th October 2011), Oaktech (6th October 2011), PEO (6th October 2011), pooley (6th October 2011), robk (6th October 2011), sonofsanta (6th October 2011), speckytecky (6th October 2011), Steven_Cleaver (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    I completely agree. If you want to show that kind of disrespect maybe this forum isn't for you. We all have opinions on everything but there is a time and place for every one of them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Here here.

Thank Post
    Well said!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    I tried to keep it down a bit The overrabid fanboi stuff really annoys me but I am with Thumpers Mum here...
    Last edited by witch; 6th October 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Thank Post
    i dislike apple intensely, but i'm not going to start bashing because what steve jobs did, brought the rest of the pc and mobile device market into the 21st century, forced the likes of HTC to buck their ideas up, and 7 digital to be founded and eventually gave us the choice to not use apple if we so desired!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I tried to keep it down a bit
    I think deleting peoples post who have gone off topic is worse than going off topic
    Last edited by witch; 6th October 2011 at 06:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 988 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm reminded of a certain saying regarding online arguments and the special Olympics, but I'd rather not offend those on here who work with disadvantaged children. Still, it's always a point that holds true.

Walking away seems to be very difficult for some people online. There are few lies more hypocritical or obvious on the web than posting "I don't care".

Thank Post
    the rep button has been the downfall to Edugeek since it launch always hated it.

PEO
    Thank Post
    the way that people treated the R.I.P Steve Jobs thread is one of the reasons why I hardly visit edugeek anymore. I came on today to say my bit but decided due to the fact that some folks seem it is fine to degrade the thread It was not worth the effort. Shame, I was deeply upset this morning when I heard it on the radio.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    I'm a tad bored now of the threads which twist into bashing of one thing or another ... then you get the arguments about people giving or receiving neg rep!

The thing that has annoyed me today is the RIP thread to Steve Jobs. As much as I know some folk don't like him, what he has stood for ... how about you treat that thread as a book of condolence. If you can't say anything nice in it then start your own thread and slag him off in there. You wouldn't do it in a real book of condolence or book of tributes so why the heck do you think that just because this is all online that you can do it here?

As for people giving neg rep to those above? Don't bother ... it isn't going to change anything other than someone moaning and then lots of others will give them positive rep so it is completely self-defeating. In rep wars, no-one wins!

Thank Post
    That's one reason why I didn't post there (I dislike Apple, Jobs etc but his death is a sad one), as you wouldn't go to someones funeral and start slating them.

Admittedly I did leave neg rep once and left my name in the comment box but it was a rather stupid (imo) comment to make.

Thank Post
    My opinion you should always watch what you say when it comes to people's deaths and in today's world it's called "political". As I mentioned in my post, sad to see a guy go so young and I wouldnt of been so blunt as other posters. You are asking for trouble when you are blunt be it good or bad things to say.

When I go to funerals I never say anything bad and always watch what nice things I say and talk about my personal experiences with the person just incase there is someone there who would disagree.

Thank Post
    Admittedly I did leave neg rep once and left my name in the comment box but it was a rather stupid (imo) comment to make.
    I, of course disagree :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread