+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Steve Jobs - Rest In Peace in General; Originally Posted by mattx Been given neg rep for this ? Oh please........ You should see mine after this thread, ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Been given neg rep for this ? Oh please........
    You should see mine after this thread, lol. Neg Rep for not being a fan boy. People think I have been harsh in this thread you should see whats on other sites, the fan boys would have a fit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    disease you are still in the positives atleast

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    You should see mine after this thread, lol. Neg Rep for not being a fan boy. People think I have been harsh in this thread you should see whats on other sites, the fan boys would have a fit.
    This isn't 4chan though, and being disrespectful isn't really encouraged around here.

BTW - I haven't neg repped you [or anyone else for that matter] as I don't see the point - you're entitled to your opinion.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    Morally void Apple, considering he was Apple that would call into question his Morals.

He was not a visionary as people claim, he was a bloke with questionable ethics who was good at designing eye candy. Lets not overhype his contribution to the world.
    Although I wouldnt put it so *blunt.

Sad that a man has died so young and really must make people think that life is really too short and you can't simply waste it away. He thought up some good ideas, worked with other fine people, although I will agree he created something but like anything else in todays world it takes a person to come up with an idea but a lot of people working together to really pull it off. Like Bill Gates he created something big and a money maker, but its all the people they work with that really create it.

Thank Post
    ou should see mine after this thread, lol. Neg Rep for not being a fan boy. People think I have been harsh in this thread you should see whats on other sites, the fan boys would have a fit.
    haha, same :P I got some pretty childish neg rep for this thread as well that only reenforces what I said earlier about the anti apple crowd being just as rabid as the fanboys. It's very sad.

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Like him or loathe him, he was a catalyst for many changes in technology. I think my favourite interview of him was the joint interview with Bill Gates. It was a rare chance to see two men dedicated to driving changes to technology talking openly. He gave chances to others in the same mold but yes, he could be your worse enemy if you stood in his way.

He will be missed.
    I always had the impression that Gates and Jobs, despite being rivals, were also friends at some level, and I quite like Gates' tribute.

gmj

Thank Post
    Steve Jobs - Rest In Peace-apple.jpg

Thought this tribute to Steve Jobs was well done, simply named “Thanks, Steve.”

8. 3 Thanks to gmj:

Domino (6th October 2011), Dos_Box (6th October 2011), PEO (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I always had the impression that Gates and Jobs, despite being rivals, were also friends at some level, and I quite like Gates' tribute.
    What go to remember people who work in same industry know each other and on a basic level get on (we have to really for things to work) however we of course deny all knowledge of it if anyone asks

Thank Post
    Like or dislike apple its still a tragedy when anyone passes away so young. RIP Steve.

I must say though some of the things being said are very cringe worthy, like on the BBC article about is someone posted this
    3 Apples changed the World. The 1st one seduced Adam and Eve, the 2nd fell on the head of Sir Issac Newton and the 3rd was offered to the World in the form of a half bitten one by Steve Jobs and has changed the way we listen to music, work, etc. Also showed that technology can be beautiful and not look like lego
    Bit ott

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    What a sad day for the Technology industry, im not a massive apple fan but you cannot deny he changed the technology world - very Intelligent man, R I P Steve!

Thank Post
    from twitter...

Three Apples changed the World, 1st #Apple seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton & the 3rd was offered to the world half bitten by Steve Jobs

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm not an Apple fanboy, I have never owned any Apple products due to restrictions imposed on them and utterly loathe iTunes. And the few times I have used Macs I just haven't got on with them.

But I do think Steve Jobs made a big difference to IT. Microsoft had a huge impact on the desktop market with Windows 95, Apple had equally big impact in the fledgling mobile market with portable devices. It has now grown into the future direction that IT is currently going, both from a hardware and marketing strategy.

iTunes encouraged people making small transactions regularly, the gaming sector has gone that way too. Steve Jobs stood up against Adobe in the Flash arguments, there is now an entire market for expanding and developing HTML5 and for Adobe to buck their ideas up. What about the tablet market? There wasn't really one before the iPad and now that too has become as competitive as the mobile phone market.

If there was one thing Steve Jobs was good at, it was rocking the entire IT and web industry and rocking it hard. He has certainly left a huge legacy behind.

Thank Post
    Its a shame a man died young from a horrible disease.

As for Apple I am neither a fan nor a hater. I think they are masters of selling gadgets to fans of gadgets. They take a PC and make it look nice but its still a PC but now twice the price.

Perhaps Apple are more of a designer label these days than a manufacturer of tech?

Thank Post
    I would say that whoever compared Jobs to Henry Ford is probably closest here. Ford didn't invent the motor car. He didn't invent the internal combustion engine. He didn't invent the assembly line. All of those technologies already existed. What he did was bring them together and brand them successfully. That's exactly what Jobs did. There were already tablets, already MP3 players, before Apple brought the technology together with online services and brand them successfully.

That doesn't take anything away from his achievements just as it doesn't take anything away from Ford's achievements to acknowledge that he didn't invent the motor car.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just checked out the Stocks for Apple on NASDAQ (Warning: Boring financial stuff ahead!).

EDIT - Scratch that, so many numbers and lines I misread the damned thing >.<
    Last edited by CAM; 6th October 2011 at 02:26 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast