+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Winter jacket for cyclists +other bits in Aldi on Thursday in General; And for a measly 15.99 too. I'll be getting one (if the quality is ok that is) and will let ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries

Winter jacket for cyclists +other bits in Aldi on Thursday

And for a measly 15.99 too. I'll be getting one (if the quality is ok that is) and will let you know what it's like on Thursday morning. I already have a pair of those winter gloves as well from a few years back, and they are really warm I can tell you!

Winter jacket for cyclists +other bits in Aldi on Thursday-product_detail_wk39t14.jpg

They also have lots of other cycling bits and pieces on offer as well, so well worth a look.

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 29th September 2011

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was there bang on 8am to grab one, but left without. I had a look, and whilst they are very nice, they were not suitable for what I wanted one for (commuting). They were like a thick tracksuite top with a fleece lineing, but very snug so not leaving enough room for work clothes underneath, and given the winters we've had over the past few years I don't think they would be warm enough for my tastes either. I guess they are designed more for 'cycling' (I know, I know) involving more thin layers underneath rather than work travel. I have a couple of gore-tex jackets that will do me just fine in the mean time. I do recommend the gloves though

Thank Post
    i'm cycling down after work, i need a pair of shoes and some gloves.

I normally ride in Ron Hill tracksters in the winter, and i have viewfrom wicking tshirts, i tend to use craghopper fleece jumpers when it's cold, and i have underarmor that i can trot out if it's perishing!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've never had much luck with cycling gloves.

I ride with a Tshirt and either an Altura NightVision or a Mountain cycling jacket - both toasty down to -7C last winter. Never needed a fleece.

For trousers Ronhill Bikesters, for perishing days two Ronhill Bikesters (yes, wearing two pairs - works like a charm and warm as toast at -7C).

Hands are a different story. Even with snowboarding gloves, my hands sting like bu99ery in the cold. I'm toying with the idea of making windshields for the handlebars out of plastic.

Thank Post
    A friend of mine runs a cycling blog on which he's written a few articles about various clothing aspects .. just a kind of on topic link which you might appreciate as cyclisty people ..

iCycleLite

I'll mention to him about winter style clothing, he likes a challenge to research ..

Thank Post
    I had a great pair of Altura Night Vision fleece trousers, very warm and comfey but the rear end has worn through them

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread