+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Article: Firefox 7 is out! in General; Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe IE9 to date has had two security updates since its release ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe IE9 to date has had two security updates since its release in March 2011.

It's a much better browser compatibility and security wise than IE7 or IE8 ever were, but it's to be expected that each version should focus more and more on security.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Since Windows 7, my love for Firefox isn't as great anymore. I'm quite happy with IE9 to be honest!

Trying to keep up in a networked environment just isn't very practical! For home use it's OK.
    if it had a built in spellcheck id revert to ie. Firefox seems to get more annoying every version and i just dont like some of the things chrome does

Thank Post
    I know it's only just out, but does anyone know how stable this version is? I'm guessing that there will be a bunch of extensions that are not, as yet, supported on version 7.

Thank Post
    After what seems like forever of using firefox i've finally abandoned it in favour of chrome.... I've not used other web browsers much since first choosing firefox, my god how wrong i was! Chrome is awesome in comparison!!! All this time i thought my internet was just flaky in this house, turns out firefox was the issue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    IE is awful for continuous updates, it must need a new fix or similar twice a week, and after you've patched your 1000th "Patch" in a year the browser you started with is nothing like what you've got now.

So the only real difference is Firefox likes to make pointless, training prompting visual 'improvements' more frequently, and as such increase the release number more rapidly, instead of having Version 8.7.5.2.4.2 rc32 SP12
    These are users we are talking about, IE keeps a working interface for much longer which helps in avoiding damage to their little brains. As to updates yes IE gets lots, so does firefox but at least IE does them nicely in the background with little increments instead of a whole reinstall every six minutes for the next memory leaking pile of instability that is FF.

6. Thanks to SYNACK from:

elsiegee40 (28th September 2011)

Thank Post
    For me, I prefer Firefox because of it's addon's. The majority are pointless fluff for people with gadget addictions.

But for a web designer IT geek I love my Yoono bar for twitter/FB/G+, the easy download buttons on flash video's, and Firebug has saved me hours/days of time fighting with errant website codes, and the saved password options for me are a blessing.
    I also like the recent addition of skinning, as I don't normally like bright white windows etc, and I love my dark black/grey menu bars, rather than annoying pointless transparency on IE9. If I wanted to see a 5mm strip of blurry background I'd strap beer bottles to my eyes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    If I wanted to see a 5mm strip of blurry background I'd strap beer bottles to my eyes.
    Just drinking the beer may be more comfortable

9. Thanks to SYNACK from:

mac_shinobi (28th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Just been prompted to upgrade Firefox

version number is ......

10.0a1

Thank Post
    I have advocated the use of Firefox for years now. Unfortuntaley the latest update has some compatibility issues with some of my well used add-ons. I'm starting to get a bit fed up of it now but will keep using it until I find something else that suits me.

Thank Post
    The ONLY two things that keep me using FF are: Pinnable App Tabs and the ability to sync my bookmarks to every PC I use/rebuild

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    The ONLY two things that keep me using FF are: Pinnable App Tabs and the ability to sync my bookmarks to every PC I use/rebuild
    Get Xmarks, its free and cross browser sync too, I love it and use it every day along with lastpass.

Chrome and IE9 have taskbar pinning as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    When sync dosent throw up unspecified errors

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 813 Posts
    An Excellent review can be found here:http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...wser,3037.html
    In the closest conclusion this series has ever seen, Mozilla is finally able to take the crown, earning its first Web Browser Grand Prix championship with Firefox 7. Although Firefox has two fewer wins than Chrome 14, Mozilla's browser manages to earn three more strong finishes than Chrome, which we consider sealing the deal, if by only a hair.Enjoy it while you can Firefox fans; Google doesn't like to play second fiddle for very long. In fact, we wouldn't be one bit surprised if a "minor" update that happens to contain a performance game-changer is pushed to Chrome within days (or hours) of this publication.Chrome 14 obviously places second; no surprise there. The big surprise is our third-place finisher. It's not Internet Explorer 9! Rather, Opera finally breaks out of fourth place and grabs the bronze medal. IE9 simply lost too many times, allowing Opera and its "minor" .01 update to swoop in for the kill.Alas, Safari places last yet again. Safari for Windows, that is. If Web Browser Grand Prix VI: Firefox 6, Chrome 13, Mac OS X Lion taught us anything, it's that the rules of physics, common sense, and everything else you hold dear don't apply on Apple's own OS X platform. Over there, Safari is still king.There you have it folks, another Web Browser Grand Prix in the bag. Stay tuned to Tom's Hardware for more. We have a few special twists up our sleeves for Web Browser Grand Prix 8 and beyond.
    Last edited by CyberNerd; 3rd October 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Excellently biased it gives FF the win for memory efficiency

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 813 Posts

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast