+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Stewards in General; Look up the word 'F1 Stewards' in the dictionary and you will be shown a picture of some brain dead ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts

F1 Stewards

Look up the word 'F1 Stewards' in the dictionary and you will be shown a picture of some brain dead morons.

One rule for one set of drivers, another set of rules for others. Double Standards ripe.

Lewis should tell them all to pi55 off and go and drive Indy Cars.
    Last edited by mattx; 25th September 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 915 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Despite losing the nose of his car and having to serve a drive through penalty he has just managed to regain sixth position. Good going.

Edit: Just made fifth place.

Thank Post
    Come on, it was totally his fault this time and he really screwed Massa. Button was brilliant although I think Vettel had it covered.

Thank Post
    Massa is a moaning whinge bag - i expect nothing more from a boring driver. He is bitter because even though Lewis had a drive through he still lapped him !! Face it Massa - your finished.

Thank Post
    As a viewer I want to see racing. Racing is all about taking chances and sometimes coming off worse. If they are going to give a plenty for everything, drivers won't take chances. That makes boring viewing. I'm surprised Benie hasn't said something about it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 863 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Lewis is a brilliant racer and an exceptional human being - I love watching him race, and watching him make mistakes and regain control and composure to come back to 5th position was some of the best action of the day. The driver steward today's only real job is to sulk about Schumacher stealing his wife, and was always a crap driver causing too many pileups to count on both hands so was not a particularly good choice. However the fault was clearly with Lewis this time.
    Massa has had a real good whinge though - I'm not sure why he's whinging about his "tussle" with Lewis yesterday - Lewis was faster and wanted by, so he went by. No problems for anyone except Massa who should quite whinging and get on with driving. He's more than capable as a driver although has certainly lost all of his fire in the last couple of years, sadly.

Not a bad race, not happy to see Button held up the the Williams cars as that would have been a cracking finish!

7. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

laserblazer (26th September 2011)

Thank Post
    I would have loved it if Lewis had turned round and kicked the living carp out of Massa after his sarcastic remarks when Lewis was being interviewed. What a sad, sorry, pathetic loser. I bet the Stewards don't do anything about that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's my take on it to laserblazer Hamilton always seems to have an excuse. Be interesting to see what Paul Di Resta could do with Hamilton's car. Perhaps it's time for Hamilton to go back to the Go Carts!

Mind, Schume didn't cover himself in glory today did he either.

Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Come on, it was totally his fault this time and he really screwed Massa. Button was brilliant although I think Vettel had it covered.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post

Schumacher weaving in front of him at Monza is politely requested by the FIA not to try and have him off the track at 200mph, but hey, the weaving is ok. In Singapore, nasty Hamilton makes a misjudgement of inches whilst trying to abort an overtaking manoeuver and is given a drive through.

The nice Mr Schumacher tries to invade Mexico from the nether regions on the straight by ramming Perez up the bum. Not only does he inflict the same damage on Perez that Hamilton caused to Massa, but he brings out the safety car, disrupting everyone's race. The FIA punishment? A repeat of Monza; "Please Mr Schu, don't do it again" The FIA are a joke.

At the end of the day [ a phrase I hate ] - the slow brazillian should have got out the way.

Paul di Resta should take his place and Massa should go and drive for one of the mid range teams where he is most suited.

Thank Post
    Lewis fan, but that penalty was well deserved today, he really is being made to look a bit silly by Button this year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 863 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dunno about looking silly - they're a great pairing and both have extremely different driving styles. Only a couple of drivers on the track currently deserve to be called "one of the great talents" - both of them are people who have been proven to be emotionally attached - Alonso and Hamilton. There are a couple of drivers who may well fit in the same sort of slot sometime soon but will need a better drive to be able to prove themselves. Jenson certainly doesn't have the raw talent and speed that Lewis does, but his success this year has come from a greatly matured mindset down to age and having been in F1 a long time. His smooth driving style and unnerved approach to racing does him many favours and that has won him a great deal of fans, myself included. I know he has his eye on Ferrari for 2013 but I personally hope the pairing of him and Lewis goes for a couple more years yet. I suspect that with the right car and strategy (something McLaren needs to work on IMO) both of them could provide a stunning season next year. It's just a shame we will have to watch it on Sky Spuds - or by other means.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    At the end of the day [ a phrase I hate ] - the slow brazillian should have got out the way.
    And what a great racing spectacle that would make, slower cars/drivers expected to just get out of the way of faster ones!

Massa has been on the receiving end of a number of Hamilton's errors this year. It's understandable that he is getting a bit fed up of it. That said, the drive through seemed a touch harsh although I don't see what else they could have done - it would have been wrong to let Hamilton benefit over Massa. If Massa had been able to continue then I doubt there would have been a penalty.

Thank Post
    Not a bad race, not happy to see Button held up the the Williams cars as that would have been a cracking finish
    I don't think it would have altered the result but it would have had us on on the edge of our seats.

Before the race, I think it was Eddie Jordan, said the DRS zone was on the wrong bend but I thought it was perfect. There were some cracking overtakes. DRS has dramatically improved F1 as a spectator sport.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    And what a great racing spectacle that would make, slower cars/drivers expected to just get out of the way of faster ones!
    Well yes, it would be a great racing spectacle. It means the fastest cars are racing the fastest cars and not back markers. They were being blue flagged and so should have moved out of the way, it's been the rule for years. There are no exceptions. It doesn't matter whether you're racing another driver for position at the time, you move over.

Despite the cool attitude he showed in the post race interview, I bet Christian Horner was bricking it in case Button got too close and Vettel slipped up like in Canada.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Well yes, it would be a great racing spectacle. It means the fastest cars are racing the fastest cars and not back markers. They were being blue flagged and so should have moved out of the way, it's been the rule for years. There are no exceptions. It doesn't matter whether you're racing another driver for position at the time, you move over.
    Blue flags are shown to drivers who are being lapped. They are not shown to drivers who are racing for position but the car in front is deemed to be, in your opinion, 'slower'. Massa and Hamilton were fighting for position and Massa was under no obligation to make Hamilton's life easier (good defensive driving is a necessary skill for any racing driver).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast