Poll: How much annual holiday do you get per year?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Annual Leave / Holiday Entitlement in General; I work Term-time plus 3 weeks... but I'm at a Private school so that makes more holidays Lin...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,501 Posts

Re: Annual Leave / Holiday Entitlement

I work Term-time plus 3 weeks... but I'm at a Private school so that makes more holidays

Lin

richard

Lets see 2 schools: 3 days a week term time plus 10 days the other 2 days a week full year with 12 days leave due to my length of continious service so not too bad in all.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Blog Entries

I work term time plus 4 weeks + inset days (so 5 days), so what ever that leaves... I think it works out around 5 weeks but I dunno...

Thank Post

I'm up to my 26 days a year after an increase due to "2 years loyal employment" - an extra 2 days (ooooooo)

Thank Post

On 27 days + 3 (xmas) + bank holidays

Thank Post

Full time contract, 25 days holiday.

However, think about it, do you call being the only one in school during the holidays 'working'.

I call it 'an easy life'.

Thank Post

I get ten weeks, plus compulsory shut-down for a week at Christmas, plus public holidays plus the founders day for our school. All in all, I think it equates to just over 60 days per year :-)

In response to the OP's comment about teachers' 18 weeks, consider what time you finish work and how much you are required to do at weekends and then compare that with the teachers. They don't have the rosy deal you might think!

Thank Post

I'm term time + 4 weeks.

In my last 2 schools I was full time, so had standard 22/25 days holiday entitlement.

My current school is insisting holiday outside of term time, which I can understand, but at previous places I’ve managed to convince them that being in over the holiday time is more productive.
    Is this common with other schools?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by shefflad
    Full time contract, 25 days holiday.

However, think about it, do you call being the only one in school during the holidays 'working'.

I call it 'an easy life'.
    It's easilly my most productive time of the year! I take my little radio with me and blitz the place over the summer holidays. 3-4 weeks of bliss imaging, configuring etc without constant interuptions

Thank Post

I work full time, and i think my holiday is 30 days plus if i remember correctly they have worked it out to 14 additional days off including bank holidays etc etc

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by NickJones
    In response to the OP's comment about teachers' 18 weeks, consider what time you finish work and how much you are required to do at weekends and then compare that with the teachers. They don't have the rosy deal you might think!
    Just to counter those comments, what about all of the work that we have to do to keep up to date with the technologies? I know that I don't have the time at work I'd like to do the planning and testing I'd like to do, so it comes home with me. This is of course through choice.

My 'other half' is a teacher and I know that she doesn't do anymore work outside of work than me. If anything I do more.

At the end of the day though, we chose this profession, as the teachers chose theirs. You get out of it what you put into it.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by simongrahamuk
    Just to counter those comments, what about all of the work that we have to do to keep up to date with the technologies? I know that I don't have the time at work I'd like to do the planning and testing I'd like to do, so it comes home with me. This is of course through choice.
    That's your call to do that, Simon, as you say. Part of my job is to assist the school in the introduction and use of new technologies, and I obviously can't do that if I don't know about them. I therefore spend some of my working day researching the products (obviously at a lower priority than fixing the staff room printer, but that's a time management question).

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cmd.exe
    My current school is insisting holiday outside of term time, which I can understand, but at previous places I’ve managed to convince them that being in over the holiday time is more productive.
    Is this common with other schools?
    I'd say so - it took a lot of persuading to make them finally see that here

Although I still dont take much off outside holidays here as no-one else is off! So its boring taking the time off

Im full time and get 25 days holiday

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by simongrahamuk

My 'other half' is a teacher and I know that she doesn't do anymore work outside of work than me. If anything I do more.

At the end of the day though, we chose this profession, as the teachers chose theirs. You get out of it what you put into it.
    Have to say I've started taking issue with this too. Yes there are a fair few teachers who do tons of work come in Saturdays in till late and all sorts. Strangely enough though when I have to go around after school doing work a majority are shooting of not too far off the bell with no major load. There are times that everyone is under pressure so take marking/moderation/reports home but there again there are times that we are here till very late (damn old school gets scarey at about 9 in the winter!) and don't have the option to take it all home.

& please don't take this as a jab to your better half as I'm sure she is one of the good teachers that goes that extra mile but I have also noticed that often those that moan loudest and most often about having to take stuff home and ohh what a load they have are those that have never quite grasped the concept of organisation so aren't great at managing the load effectively. Not there fault, but just something I have noticed.

Anyways sorry to digress into whining. 27 days here. 20 days entitlement, 2 days statatory, 5 days long service. There is enforced Xmas closure to take out of there but we can normally fiddle it with time in lieu.

Am hoping a holiday time only policy will shift here, but I can't see it happening.

Thank Post

Full time, and can take holidays whenever I want to.

As I'm not compensated for having a restricted holiday period then I will damn well take my holidays when I want to.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast