+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Fronter Help Desk in General; Very soon my country will be using Fronter's VLE. Fronter VLE is asking me as a new client to put ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Fronter Help Desk

Very soon my country will be using Fronter's VLE. Fronter VLE is asking me as a new client to put up a help desk for all stakeholders (administrators, teachers, parents and students). Does anyone have any experiences to share? What should be included? What is required and what are the implications of setting up a help desk? What are the type of most common questions and who can best answer them (technicians, teachers...?)

Thank Post
    Well it depends what you actually mean, If it's a "proper" helpdesk style or more a FAQ. Depends if you're planning to take hundreds of questions on every aspect (and you'd be able to answer them, bearing in mind how you explained it your teachers won't have a clue currently), or a FAQ and just post the basic "how to do this/thats". Which could be as simple as a html webpage.

Just remember setting up a generic helpdesk "will" get tickets for non fronter items too So depends how you deal with them currently, to if it'll turn into more hassle than it's worth or not personally.

Steve

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Steve. I guess what Fronter is asking my department to do is to have a "proper", as you put it, helpdesk style rather than a FAQ site since this already exists up to a certain extent. What I am trying to establish is whether I'll need teachers to man the help desk (or personnel who can tackle pedagogical questions), or just techies.

Thank Post
    We have one full-time e-learning/web dev techy who does all of our dealings with Fronter etc, in terms of teachers helping... No

End of day teachers will ask/tell you what they want on it, but in terms of getting it on/knowing how it works, that's down to you guys I'd say

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread